Alan Belcher wants to KO Anderson Silva

/go=news.detail&gid=401206 [mmajunkie.com]

For his next trick, Alan Belcher  wants to knock out UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

"There's a lot of guys I could fight," Belcher told MMAjunkie.com. "But seriously, while I'm on this roll right now, wouldn't it be a nice thing to see me fight Anderson Silva? I think I can knock him out."

Belcher is currently 6-1 in his past seven fights, with the lone loss coming in a hotly contested split-decision loss to Yoshihiro Akiyama at 2009's historic UFC 100 event.

"A lot of people believe I won the fight with Akiyama, obviously," Belcher said. "He went to the hospital afterwards. I mean, I really hurt him bad. If that fight counted as a win, that's seven in a row for me. But even if not, I have a legit four in a row now against top opponents. I'm on a pretty nice streak."

"I hope Anderson Silva beats Chael Sonnen and I go straight to the title shot," Belcher said. "I mean, there's no 'too fast.' Stranger things have happened.

"I've been doing this since I was 14 years old, fighting and training every week. It's just a lot of hard work and dreaming that's become a reality. I'm ready for a big challenge."

Read entire article...

Underground Blog - .Article h3{font-family: Helvetica,Arial,Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;font-size: 16px;font-style: normal;color: black;padding: 0 0 3px 5px;margin: 0 0 2px 0;}.Article h3 a{text-decoration: none;color: black;}.Article .ArticleSource{float: left;}

/go=news.detail&gid=401206 [mmajunkie.com]

For his next trick, Alan Belcher  wants to knock out UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

"There's a lot of guys I could fight," Belcher told MMAjunkie.com. "But seriously, while I'm on this roll right now, wouldn't it be a nice thing to see me fight Anderson Silva? I think I can knock him out."

Belcher is currently 6-1 in his past seven fights, with the lone loss coming in a hotly contested split-decision loss to Yoshihiro Akiyama at 2009's historic UFC 100 event.

"A lot of people believe I won the fight with Akiyama, obviously," Belcher said. "He went to the hospital afterwards. I mean, I really hurt him bad. If that fight counted as a win, that's seven in a row for me. But even if not, I have a legit four in a row now against top opponents. I'm on a pretty nice streak."

"I hope Anderson Silva beats Chael Sonnen and I go straight to the title shot," Belcher said. "I mean, there's no 'too fast.' Stranger things have happened.

"I've been doing this since I was 14 years old, fighting and training every week. It's just a lot of hard work and dreaming that's become a reality. I'm ready for a big challenge."

Read entire article...

Stylistically it's not the best match up for Anderson although I'm not sure Belcher is fast enough.
Respect the man though and always enjoy his fights so why not. Phone Post

I'm all for it, he'd give Anderson a hell of a fight. Phone Post

Wrong strategy to out box or out muay thai Anderson.

Like I've said in the thread I started and Narly's poll.

He needs a wrestling test to prove he can adapt and take Anderson down and GNP him if need be.

Otherwise this is going to be another embarrassed challenger.

He needs to get ready for Sonnen not Silva

i like the guy but hes not in the title picture imo

Love Belcher, but Anderson is too much for him I think. Phone Post

Dong Johnson -  Belcher is going to look like Forrest V2.

He is lacking fast twitch muscles and that extra bone in his ankle.

Akiyama was outstriking him before he badly gassed
This was almost exactly what I was thinking, although a little less clumsy than Forrest Phone Post

hey heres an idea get a top 10 win before talking about Anderson.

Anderson is just on another level and plane with everything he does.

Huge Belcher fan, but I would like to see him and Bisping for a number 1 contender match prior to a title shot. Phone Post

I was actually thinking about this whenever he sub'd Palhares but he would have to work on a lot of things considering he looked even with akayma in the striking department and akayma got pwnd by Belfort and etc..... I know MMA math doesnt work but He would get owned... He would have to use his well rounded skill set in order to Ko Anderson by mixing takedowns and strikes. But if he could pull this off he would be no doubt p4p the best!

TOAO - Lol at belchers striking compared to anderson. Anderson is like 100 levels above him. Phone Post
This.
Vitor is a Trojan of a striker and we saw what happened to him Phone Post

I like Belcher and I think he's very talented. But there is a difference between beating Palhares and trying to stand with Anderson. I feel like it would turn out similarly to the Forrest. Belcher is a much better striker than Forrest but he's also slower.

Anderson would work him over. I personally think Okami would beat Belcher too.

Schmohawked - I like Belcher and I think he's very talented. But there is a difference between beating Palhares and trying to stand with Anderson. I feel like it would turn out similarly to the Forrest. Belcher is a much better striker than Forrest but he's also slower.

Hes not better then Griffin. griffins striking is underrated. I dont think Belcher has any top 10 wins or even top wins against strikers like Griffin has. Nor has Belcher faced top comp like Griffin to be fully tested.

How is this thread not just a list of unrealistic things we'd all like?

I like Belcher but seems like The Count wants to fight him. I feel like that's a bad matchup for him and will stop him from seeing a potential title match. I hope I'm wrong though. I'd like to see him fight Anderson. Phone Post

AS not winning, and Belcher not KO'ing AS on there feet either. That's the same deluted crap Hendo said! If you want to beeat AS then take him down! Best striker in MMA history.

Acidic - 
Schmohawked - I like Belcher and I think he's very talented. But there is a difference between beating Palhares and trying to stand with Anderson. I feel like it would turn out similarly to the Forrest. Belcher is a much better striker than Forrest but he's also slower.

Hes not better then Griffin. griffins striking is underrated. I dont think Belcher has any top 10 wins or even top wins against strikers like Griffin has. Nor has Belcher faced top comp like Griffin to be fully tested.

I disagree. Forrest's striking is not good. He has good kicks but otherwise not much.

That would be impressive.

2 top ten wins before you can even start dreaming of Andy....any 2 from Bisping/Munoz/Sonnen will do....and he struggles in all 3 imo Phone Post

I will never doubt Alan. He was supposed to get smashed by sexyama who was a top ten ranked fighter when they fought. He had no chance against Dennis Kang. Patrick Cote was going to knock him out because Alan lost to Kendal Grove. Wilson G. is huge at MW and will KO Alan. Paul Harris is going to break his leg and take it home. It seems like evertime Alan fights, he gets zero credit. He did not look great the opponent is no good. Patrick Cote is no good. Paul Harris is over rated.

I believe in Alan and if he says he is ready for Anderson Silva, I say give him a shot. He needs to fight someone as well rounded as alan.