Aldo vs Mcgreggor main event?? Ridiculous

Heavier weight title fights have always followed lighter in UFC. This significantly diminishes welter weight class and its title.

Because everyone is talking about lawler mcdonald 2 nonstop

Kind of a dumb thing to complain about, we all know what the main event is

Love these two title fight ppvs tho Phone Post 3.0

Rousey's UFC women's bantamweight title defense against Cat Zingano will go on second-to-last at Staples Center in Los Angeles on Feb 28. The UFC middleweight title fight between Chris Weidman and Vitor Belfort will headline the event.

"It has nothing to with her not being a star. It goes by weight," Dana White said. "If she was the highest weighted champion on the card, she would be the main event, but you have two guys that are middleweights and she weighs 135 pounds - so she's the co-main." Phone Post 3.0

^ great post fluffy, I will vote it up as soon as I can

I'm Irish and live in Dublin.. I've followed Conor's career since 2009 I support him and am rooting for him.. But it shouldn't be main event IMO.. Also the fact Dana has stated multiple times the biggest weight on a title fight card will always be main event.. It makes me think that maybe people are right about Dana and I was just dumb for believing him and defending him Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo - Rousey's UFC women's bantamweight title defense against Cat Zingano will go on second-to-last at Staples Center in Los Angeles on Feb 28. The UFC middleweight title fight between Chris Weidman and Vitor Belfort will headline the event.

"It has nothing to with her not being a star. It goes by weight," Dana White said. "If she was the highest weighted champion on the card, she would be the main event, but you have two guys that are middleweights and she weighs 135 pounds - so she's the co-main." Phone Post 3.0
VU
Ive heard this a lot in the past but seriously guys, we all know the main event. I think the difference with rousey as comain is weidman belfort was also a pretty marketable fight going in. No ones talking about lawler vs mcdonald Phone Post 3.0

The only other time a lighter weight title headlined over a heavier weight title was I think Faber vs Barao, which was interim title vs regular title, so like a double title fight.

How dare a fucking promoter attempt to maximise revenue through fight promotion in order to exceed the millions spent on advertising and profit from their investment.

What a piece of shit, right guys? Phone Post 3.0

GeorgJonesSilva - I'm Irish and live in Dublin.. I've followed Conor's career since 2009 I support him and am rooting for him.. But it shouldn't be main event IMO.. Also the fact Dana has stated multiple times the biggest weight on a title fight card will always be main event.. It makes me think that maybe people are right about Dana and I was just dumb for believing him and defending him Phone Post 3.0

another cool post, thank you.

And its not like people will walk out of the arena after aldo´s fight and before welter weight title fight if aldo vs mcgreggor was co-main event. And even if, ufc wouldnt lose any money because of that. This is definitely not good in the long term.

I dont care which fight they promote more but this needs to be corrected.

MrFluffyHippo - Rousey's UFC women's bantamweight title defense against Cat Zingano will go on second-to-last at Staples Center in Los Angeles on Feb 28. The UFC middleweight title fight between Chris Weidman and Vitor Belfort will headline the event.

Yeah. Dana said he was overruled in the meeting when he stated that Lawler v Rory should be the last fight. Phone Post 3.0

LastMinuteReplacement -
GeorgJonesSilva - I'm Irish and live in Dublin.. I've followed Conor's career since 2009 I support him and am rooting for him.. But it shouldn't be main event IMO.. Also the fact Dana has stated multiple times the biggest weight on a title fight card will always be main event.. It makes me think that maybe people are right about Dana and I was just dumb for believing him and defending him Phone Post 3.0

And its not like people will walk out of the arena after aldo´s fight and before welter weight title fight if aldo vs mcgreggor was co-main event. And even if, ufc wouldnt lose any money because of that. This is definitely not good in the long term.

Actually people might. I don't think that you can overestimate how much of this card's draw is Conor. I'm sure Robbie doesn't care, he's going to be getting a monster PPV bonus so he's probably cool with wherever they put him.

If the early numbers are true, he's going to be clearing close to $4 million. For that muvh money I'm sure he'd be cool with being on FightPass. Phone Post 3.0

Never understood why people thought this mattered. Phone Post 3.0

Hughes-GSP II headlined over Sylvia-Monson Phone Post 3.0

Good luck in your fight Rory. Phone Post 3.0

"Women will never be in the ufc" -Dana White
Stop listening to White. It's all about money just enjoy fights Phone Post 3.0

Surly - Hughes-GSP II headlined over Sylvia-Monson Phone Post 3.0
And boy was that the right call. Phone Post 3.0

LastMinuteReplacement -

This is where you might be wrong. I was at UFC 178 where conor was third to last on the card. There were a ton of Irish fans there and I'd say about a third of them left after he fought. Cowboy and Alvarez were in the cage fighting and you could hear them all singing in the foyer. The card was over for them.

I think a good portion of the Irish fans don't give a shit about the UFC or mma really. They care only about supporting their guy. Phone Post 3.0

You people will complain about anything. Fuck off Phone Post 3.0

BonesNose - Because everyone is talking about lawler mcdonald 2 nonstop
Are they fighting again? Phone Post 3.0