Alex Pereira is bigger than Dominick Reyes (pic)

Izzy wins again

The bigger they are the harder they fall

1 Like

Jon Stewart What GIF

2 Likes

Reyes little pea head would definitely be better suited for 185

4 Likes

War Pereira

1 Like

Except heā€™s at least 1ā€™ taller.

1 Like

This very well could be a situation were Pereira is the guy to beat Adesanya right now even if Adesanya is the more well rounded and experienced MMA fighter who could get more title defenses vs the field than Pereira will be able to.

2 Likes

Fuck I could tell he cut a ton of weight at how dry he looks even the day of the fight but fuuuck. Big lean dude no wonder he hits so hard.

3 Likes

Yup. AP may in fact be the better striker than Izzy. But any high level wrestler in the MW division should be able to beat AP. But they may not be able to also beat Izzy due to his well roundnesses

Rock Paper Scissors

5 Likes

Did he? Wow

I recall when it was Yoel vs Costa, they weighed 207 & 212.

I hope Reyes is picking up some good things from Pereira. Always seemed to me that Reyes would get too comfortable spamming the straight left and body kick. Higher level guys can pick up on that real quick and adjust. He had an exceptional performance against Jones and Iā€™d like to see that be the level he consistently performs to.

4 Likes

Reyes is flexing in that pic to try and look big and Alex is just relaxed.

5 Likes

Adesanya can defend takedowns, understands guard and get up game, and can scramble a bitā€¦ but I havent seen him get takedowns. And thats a different skill set. And if you are not adept at it, it can be a dangerous place to put yourself in against a bigger, stronger guy.

5 Likes

With the right path of opponents can be Champ-Champ-Champ.

2 Likes

Exactly. I could not remember him scoring takedowns at all in his UFC career and lookedā€¦zero takedowns since he has been in the UFC. I bet he has a couple trips he is most comfortable with when it comes to takedowns but it will be interesting to see how he approaches this fight and whether or not we see his offensive wrestling or not in this fight.
http://ufcstats.com/fighter-details/1338e2c7480bdf9e

Whoa letā€™s not get carried away lol. I donā€™t think heā€™s beating any top wrestler at HW maybe not at MW, weā€™ve kinda not seen his total game yet but dude is a brickshithouse for sure. 219 on fight day, fuuuck and he still looks lean on fight day. Iā€™d love to know what heā€™s weighing in that pic. Reyes has a fight coming up and prob trying to keep his weight low while AP still has some time. They have set up him and Izzy one titty right?

I just read heā€™s claiming heā€™s currently 232.8

2 Likes

Alex has higher bone density than Adesanya

3 Likes

Have to give Izzy credit, he is one of the most active champs and is taking on a huge Fing MW who was fast tracked, and who stopped him in the ring prior.

I canā€™t imagine seeing Izzy scoring any takedowns or trying to make it ugly considering he is giving up a lot of size.

Unlike his recent outings, he will be forced to fight. Gonna be pure full rules kickboxing in there. Looking forward to it.

5 Likes

Well the current MW champion is Adesanya. Current LHW champion is Jiri. They are supposedly doing Jones/Stipe for interim HW championship. And both of those guys have strayed away from their wrestling base as they have aged. Like I said, right set of fights and he can collect beltsā€¦ wrong set of fights and he might stuck on grapplefuck losses.

2 Likes

Glover would wreck Pereira and my guess is that Glover will get his title backā€¦

1 Like