Alex Pereira Looks Absolutely Jacked!

Even if you hate Izzy you gotta admit he is pretty fearless. Went up to 205, took his loss like a man and has been actively calling out the guy who KO’d him.

5 Likes

An asterisk signifying what?

2 Likes

Typical Brazilian grappler with minimal striking

1 Like

You cracked the code. The gif of him getting out of danger is the reason why he will never surpass Silva! Everyone knows that!

1 Like

* - Beat everyone, except Pereira.

2 Likes

To be fair, he didn’t really have a choice with alex. Better to get ahead and call him out than look like you want nothing to do with him.

Coincidentally this is the first fight I’ll be rooting for adesanya in.

3 Likes

The only one who’ll be on a cycle come fight night is Izzy as he peddles the fuck around the ring away from Alex, like he did with Romero.

3 Likes

This fight has the potential to be very boring with neither fighter willing to commit.

3 Likes

I believe Alex has too good striking, Izzy wont be able to stay outside and win boring ass decision

1 Like

Go rewatch thier first fight he won it that exact way just got robbed by the judge’s.

1 Like

How much weight does Alex diet to before his cut?

He looks massive in the before pic and then ripped in the after.

1 Like

He walks around at almost 240

3 Likes

Oh shit, we got a Izzy hater!

2 Likes

Izzy has huge balls for taking this fight. He could have easily said Alex needs to go through the ranks more but he picked out his most dangerous opponent. Win or lose you gotta respect that

5 Likes

You could also argue that Izzy wants this fight while Alex is still relatively inexperienced in MMA, specifically the ground game/td defense.

Does anyone think Izzy’s game plan is to get this fight to the ground asap?

4 Likes

I have no idea what Izzy is gonna do. I’m sure wrestling is in his game plan but I highly doubt he will avoid the striking. He’s just as good on the feet as Alex and wants to prove it.

2 Likes

Hardly a guarantee when the champ is in the cage, his last somewhat entertaining fight was Costa shitting the bed and half of its entertainment value was because Izzy literally grew a tit and Costa is legitimately insane.

3 Likes

I have no doubt Costa used the Yoel fight as a metric to game-plan for the Izzy fight. I think he thought Izzy would be scared to engage. He literally ran from Yoel, while Costa went toe-to-toe with Romero and even walked him down multiple times during the fight. I guess it was a bad game-plan and styles make fights.

2 Likes

I think Izzy had him mentally defeated. Costa looked frozen in there

1 Like

I’m not an Izzy fan… I really don’t like him, but you can’t deny that he’s always wanted to fight the scariest guys and the people that are supposed to be the biggest threat to him.
Win or lose, I have to respect him for taking the toughest challenges instead of squash matches to pad his record.

3 Likes