Alex Pereira vs Wanderlei Silva

Who takes this?

• Poatan
  • Axe Murderer
  • The Fans

0 voters

2 Likes

My first thought was Alex, but PRIDE Wand was so fuckin aggressive he could possibly tag Alex enough to finish him. I’m assuming you mean MMA, in which case if it went to the ground Wanderlei subs him fast. But Alex is 4" taller and is the 205 Kickboxing Champion sleeping dudes cold as well.

Great fight OP, one of the most aggressive fighters in MMA history vs one of the most technical.

21 Likes

Alex murders him.

8 Likes

The thing that makes it interesting is Chute Boxe specifically trains their fighters to go for the TD when they’re hurt. And Alex’s TD defense is suspect so even if he catches Wand coming in, he might still get taken down.

7 Likes

Lol wand is one of the most overrated, sloppy strikes in MMA history.

We all saw that happened when he fought a real striker named Mirko. He couldn’t even touch him

4 Likes

Prime Wand fought Mirko to a draw. But you knew that.

29 Likes

First thought was Alex is a bad match up as such a big technical and powerful striker.

But on second thought lol… Wanderlei arguably beat a near 300lb Mark Hunt in an all out War. That Wanderlei took those bombs and probably could get some takedowns and would be a much better fight than some would think. The Best versions of both would be a violent fight any way it goes down.

9 Likes

You realise their first fight was a draw, right?

8 Likes

Pereira kills both. He’s by far the best striker in mma with KO power in all 4 limbs.

7 Likes

Silva swings wildly like a brawler - he would die in the ring.

2 Likes

Wandy has the perfect style for Alex.

Alex doesnt move back well when getting hit. Wandys onslaught would be too much for him. Bruno Silva gave Alex problems

yes im bias

5 Likes

That was rookie Mirko with special rules…he was a fish out of water. The second time they met both were in their prime.

2 Likes

If Izzy can takedown Alex then a roided to the gills Wanderlei no doubt could lol

I think Wanderleis ego and blood lust could get him KO’d especially if its the early or later versions of him. One too wreckless and the later had his chin destroyed. But like we said above that Prime Wanderlei who was able to go toe to toe with Mirko and Hunt would probably be able to get Alex down. Cool fight and a lot better than some think.

4 Likes

I think AP would beat Mirko but it’s not a given. He beats Wand but Wand from Pride (juiced to the eyes) would be a GREAT fight that AP wins.

3 Likes

That was a complete stand-up fight. LOL@ Wand in his prime their 2nd fight.

Their first fight:

Their second fight:

7 Likes

Yeah it’s Interesting to note the difference

Wanderlei went from
Win - Dan Henderson
Win - Rampage x2
Draw with Cro Cop

To then losing his chin in vicious Cro Cop fashion and getting KO’d by all 3! Lol

That is night and day how different the versions of Wanderlei are.
Alex is pretty one dimensional and early in his career. Only 8 fights 7-1. I’ve seen both fight up close and even saw Alex get shutout in a Kickboxing match. But also KO Strickland. He is still really young in the MMA game though.

6 Likes

Yeah, Somoa is a retard. He’s never wrong. Just ask him.

3 Likes

You seem to follow my posts. But if you ACTUALLY did you would see my saying “Oh, I got that wrong” more times than the majority of posters here. But you know that.

3 Likes

Another dumb statement. Mirko kills Alex.

5 Likes

How the fuck am I following your posts on a thread that I was first to post on? You just get dumber by the post, holy shit.

1 Like