Alex "Poatan" Pereira DOCU SERIES

https://vimeo.com/770183965

Just finished CHAPTER ONE everyone. Would love to hear your feedback. Releasing chapter 2 next Monday!

"Cruz Mixed Martial Arts has been residing in New Jersey for little over a decade. Growing steadily as a gym every month, in association with Teixeira MMA & Fitness and with flagship fighter Alex “Poatan” Pereira as a close longtime friend, Coach Plinio Cruz grants us a brief inside peek into one of his many classes.

Giving us a look and feel of his team’s vibes, some history on his background as a Alex’s KickBoxing coach for Glory, and how he’s flown under the radar up until one month out from Poatan’s UFC title event this November most recently.

Join us within CHAPTER 1 of this mini-series. Where Cruz MMA and Teixeira MMA join forces in order to bring “Poatan” to the brink of UFC Middleweight Championship history."

UPDATE: NOW ON YOUTUBE

8 Likes

A few BTS images just for reference :pray:t6::clapper::film_projector:

4 Likes

Awesome documentary

Thank you

Alex Pereira seems always cool as ice, is that part of his personality?

2 Likes

He’s actually very cool.

To be fair he was fairly stoic quiet throughout the week because he has to be centered mentally for the fight and the weight cut. But he’s actually normally cheerful and very warm-hearted

For example he wouldn’t actually let me leave unless I took the picture with him :rofl: And was all hugs after that.

4 Likes

I’m a few minutes in and it’s very good so far. Are you also going to put this up on YouTube? You should be able to get some very good view numbers for your efforts.

1 Like

ABSOLUTELY WILL
I’ll be releasing each Episode on Vimeo Modays (2 more to go). Then Youtube shortly after.
I’ve already received some unofficial nods for the next Coaches subjects’ stories

2 Likes

So is this guy an actual brazilian indian? What is his background?

1 Like

Yes he is actually Brazilian “Taino”. Very similar to what you have from the people who spoke Arawak before Spanish colonization. Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba, and Brazil all have the same makeup.

1 Like
<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/770183965?h=0bd911f71c" width="640" height="337" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why not drop on youtube? Can’t wait to watch!

1 Like

Yeah I was reading about his tribe. There’s only like 11,000 of them and they were forced out of the largest rain forest in brazil by the government. Pretty crazy.

I was thinking the mask he wore at weigh ins was some ode to the old Aztec warriors or something but no his people still wear shit like that today.

Dude dropped out of school at 12 and became an alcoholic then took up kickboxing so he wouldn’t die from drinking so much.

2 Likes

HOW do you embed on here? I’ve been trying over and over again now

EDIT: Oh YT auto-embeds here now? WTF?!

2 Likes

Amazing work!

1 Like

Thank you! We’re still working too…

And like clockwork…grabbed Alex’s homecoming before he heads out to see his sister Aline fight in MMA for the first time in Minnesota.
Footage coming early tomorrow morning

“Who needs sleep?!”

2 Likes

In!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you for joining!

Has Cruz trained Poatan since day 1?
Otherwise who has trained Pereira?

His boxing is pretty special, who taught him boxing?

Good luck to the team!

Thank you!

1 Like

Plinio was their for a large portion of his Glory career. Especially his successful upswing where he began winning dual divisions. Been with him throughout his BJJ training years and transition towards MMA as well.

1 Like