Alistair Overeem = Top Five HW in the World

D_S_A - 
RJJH - 

Mir, Nog, Brock and Carwin would beat his ass badly on the ground.

He'd guillotine all of them. That was his specialty even when he was skinny now he probably has twice the neck crushing power.

lol at him choking out big Nog, or guillotining any of those gigantic necks

D_S_A - 
RJJH - 

He'd guillotine all of them. That was his specialty even when he was skinny now he probably has twice the neck crushing power.

lol at him choking out big Nog, or guillotining any of those gigantic necks

these troll threads are the reason alistair gets bashed. he is one of the most talented hws in the world. but he needs to prove it

i always thought ubereem was a very complete fighter, even back in the early days..with the added muscle and roids, dude is scary good

Jsteven - 
White Culture - 
Since93 - Are you kidding me? You have to beat some serious competition to be taken seriously.

Fujita, James Thompson, Tony Sylvester, Gary Goodridge...

Really, are you kidding me?

ya those are seriously his top victories... idiot

Crocop and Mark Hunt are probably his best at heavyweight but seriously is that impressive enough to start putting him in the top 5?

Mark Hunt is 5-6 career in MMA, sad that beating a sub-500 guy is one of his best wins.......also sad that some consider the Cro Cop NC one of his best wins considering he didn't even win.

in the past, he has always looked unbeatable for the first minute or so

fna - 
Jsteven - 
White Culture - 
Since93 - Are you kidding me? You have to beat some serious competition to be taken seriously.

Crocop and Mark Hunt are probably his best at heavyweight but seriously is that impressive enough to start putting him in the top 5?

Mark Hunt is 5-6 career in MMA, sad that beating a sub-500 guy is one of his best wins.......also sad that some consider the Cro Cop NC one of his best wins considering he didn't even win.

My point exactly he may end up being great but he hasnt done anythig in MMA to warrant this type of praise. His physique and recent success in K1 have people way to exited. Lets wait and see if he ever makes it back to strikeforce and determine his value then.

"Japan is notorious for these huge finishes (think crocop), yet when they cross the ocean, it disappears (what head kicks?)."

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Crocop was going downhill, so what? Are you suggesting all his high kick finishes were worked? Awesome high kick KOs happen in the UFC don't they? Some of Fedor's most exciting finishes happened here in the states. Shogun is still (or once again) the #1 or #2 LHW in the world (depending on your opinion of the Machida fight). Your statement makes zero sense.

And I don't remember Overeem tapping to shoulder strikes from Shogun either? I remember a relentless GnP finish the first time, and a brutal KO the second time... whachu talkin bout Willis?

That said, I agree Overeem is overrated..by like...12 children.

Overeem is under rated, not over rated..

Some ppl are blind.

Overeem has arrived and he's ready to destroy some folks.

ubereem would beat the shit out of barnett IMO

the only 2 heavyweights that can offer him a challenger right now is fedor and lesnar

everybody else is just cannon fodder

he has some of the best kickboxing in the world and a world class grappler as well, the man is unstopable at heavyweight

haha lesner would take him down and maul him...while overeem has a much 'prettier' physice brock is alot stronger and his wrestling would smash him

White Culture - 

He forgot Mark Hunt.. Who else has Allister actually beat at heavyweight? No one.

the only logical guy fighters that can stop Overeem at this time is Fedor and Barnett. You have to have a great well rounded skills to beat Overeem

RJJH -  i dont see overoid beating many of those guys.

can he KO them? sure, but it wouldnt be easy.

i think he would KO Cain and Gonzaga. thats it.

his "ground game" is very overioded.

former ADCC european champ, overrated? LOL

He wouldn't beat any of them without the juice. Look at his back for pete's sake. He's a juice monkey, to deny this is to deny the obvious.

Isn't this the troll who was crying like a little bitch about being frozen?

He'd be a good matchup for Mir, but Lesnar would buttrape him with ease. Barnett would smash him, too.

I'll definitely pay to see the guy fight any top HW!

ManhoefKOAnderson - He would KO Carwin, Brock, Velasquez, Gonzaga, Mir, and Santos all in the same night.

In my opinion, Minotauro and Fedor are the only two that can stop him....

Dude, he only beat Fujita. If he's supposed top 5, why the fuck is he even fighting Fujita.

Whatever you say, but tell him to fight in the US already, oh wait, they drug test, nevermind, he's number 1 because he beat Fujita in Japan on the new years can fest!!!!!

TSGIGOR -  

Holy Jesus God Christ! I know the phrase "looks like an action figure" gets thrown around a lot, but its never been more apt. Well, except when most people say it it means "damn! dude is jacked and looks good", Overeem looks disproportionately humongous. God help us all...