Alistair Overeem vs. Brock Lesnar - Who you got?

"After Ubereem's recent destruction of everything put in front of him, what makes you think Lesnar would destroy him?"

For one thing, Overratedeem has yet to beat anyone, ever, with decent takedowns other than the currently 185lb Vitor.

For another thing, Overratedeem beating some K-1 guys in K-1 has so little bearing on how he would do against someone like Brock that it's mind-boggling that people even bring it up.

For another, with a single exception, every single time Overratedeem has fought any fighter in the top 10 of any weight class, he has lost, and lost badly. The one exception is when Kharitonov got a freak injury from a takedown. Of course in the rematch Kharitonov had Alistair running for his life en route to being KTFO.

I'd say Brock at this point. Let Overeem fight someone in the top ten, dammit.

gatotwopointoh - Uebereem, no contest. He has a fantastic guillotine and great knees, and his punching and standing defense is pretty good too. If Randy Couture is able to man-handle Brock along the fence, then what is the new Hulk-Overeem going to do to him?

Nothing because Overeem absolutely does NOT have Randy's greco roman clinch abilities and experience...and he never "manhandled" Brock anywhere.

gatotwopointoh - Uebereem, no contest. He has a fantastic guillotine and great knees, and his punching and standing defense is pretty good too. If Randy Couture is able to man-handle Brock along the fence, then what is the new Hulk-Overeem going to do to him?

all that extra muscle wont replace randy coutures greco roman wrestling ability or his ability to formulate a good gameplan. brock tko

Overeem would either win in under minute via standing guillotine or lose brutally via savage GnP over several rounds. He's one of those fighters who looks world class as long as he's dominating his opponent, but shows no ability to handle pressure.

Cheers

Colin

You fucking people crack me up with your Overeem hype. GTFO!

Does anybody remember his fights in Pride?!? All of a sudden he beats James Thompson, while roided out of his fucking mind, and he is the greatest fighter in the world.

wait, when was Randy able to "man-handle"  Brock on the fence?  1 punch is a man-handle nowadays.  As for Brocks "shitty" standup, I would say he did just fine against Randy.  Oh, BTW, on vitamin S, Brock tears off Overeems arm and chokes him out with it.

As an Overeem fan and Brock hater... Brock takes it. Terrible matchup for Overeem. I can't possibly understand how anyone would think Allistar is a bad matchup for Brock. Brock will wake up every morning, eat three pounds of eggs and take his morning andro, drill 500 guillotine escapes and 500 double legs, and will have everything he needs to beat Overeem.

Overeem has a puncher's chance and that's it. If Brock doesn't get KTFO in the first minute Overeem is fucked.

Overeem by way of well roundedness over the one dimensional Cock Chestnar.

need a bigger cage

The fight I'd rather see would be Overeem vs. Cain Velazquez, but think about the marketing potential of Ubereem vs. Brock.

It would be the first truly comic book-esque fight in MMA history. Both guys looks like the strongman for a superhero team.

Lesnar vs. Overeem: When Worlds Collide!!!!! Just the photo-opportunities alone would be golden!

The fight won't happen cause Overeem won't pee in a cup

A juiced Brock would still get smoked by a juiced Overeem!

However, I'm not sure if the same is true in reverse! :-)

Brock doesn't juice. He almost certainly did while with the WWE but I really don't believe he has since starting MMA.

If this fight took place in Japan, and Ubereem was free to continue juicing to the gills, Brock would still molest him.

Brock would not get guillotined, even though Overeem has a good one. Brock would get the takedown and GNP Overeem into a living death.

Brock nullified Mir's BJJ, you think Overeem's will be a problem? Brock won't stand and wang with Overeem either so all the KO talk is pointless.

Um, do ya'all know what happens when an elite striker fights an elite grappler.... um, HOW THE FUCK IS THE EVEN DEBATABLE???? HOW WOULD OVEREEM GET BROCK OFF OF HIM????? IF BROCK CAN HOLD DOWN FRANK MIR AND PULVERIZE HIM, WHY WOULD NOT DO THAT TO OVEREEM????

You people are are on the Overtine....

Um, do ya'all know what happens when an elite striker fights an elite grappler.... um, HOW THE FUCK IS THE EVEN DEBATABLE???? HOW WOULD OVEREEM GET BROCK OFF OF HIM????? IF BROCK CAN HOLD DOWN FRANK MIR AND PULVERIZE HIM, WHY WOULD NOT DO THAT TO OVEREEM????

You people are are on the Overtine....

I only made my post because although I'd say this thread is 80% trolls, I think a few of you actually think Overeem would win, which is ridiculous.

Are you fucking kidding? Brock kills him everytime.