*ALL* GROIN KICKS SHOULD BE 1 POINT DEDUCTIONS

In football, if you hit the quarterback after he's thrown the ball it's a major penalty. Doesn't matter if you meant to or not

In basketball, if you foul a player while shooting he takes free throws. Doesn't matter if you meant to or not

In baseball, if you bean a batter then he takes a base. Doesn't matter if you meant to or not

etc etc

It doesn't matter if you meant to commit the foul, what matter is that you did. Imagine every other sport if there were no repercussions for committing fouls...

Accident or not, striking a man in his balls is a major foul -- it causes him significant injury and inhibits his ability to continue fighting.

Debilitating groin kicks (the validity of which can be confirmed by instant replay) need to start being penalized with one point deductions. Too many fighters are getting away with lazy 'leg kicks' and currently they have no reason to be more accurate
Who else is with me?

Agreed.

a lot of fighters depend on using inside leg kicks to soften up a tool his opponent uses..to ban that would be retarded

ya take away one point what happens if the guy is fakin it? judges have to watch replays of nutshot after nutshot to determine if it was actually in there or not?

although i do agree with deabilitating nut shots..that gonzaga kick was pure bullshit..he shoulda got DQ'd imo

"How about just completely banning inside leg kicks? That will solve the problem of nut shots. Its not like someone won a fight with inside leg kicks. Outside leg kicks, yes, but inside leg kicks only end up crushing gonads."

That is gay. I've thrown literally thousands of inside leg kicks in sparring and only caught cup maybe 2 or 3 times and never a direct hit.

I've been hit with tonnes of inside leg kicks and only taken a hard shot to the nuts once.

Pretty silly to ban something because maybe .0001% of this time it catches a guy in the balls. What next, ban knees in the clinch?

Inside leg kicks can and do hurt when landed properly and the are great set ups to other techniques.

Matt Hughes would win fights 27-19 if they did this.

Signed

simple guideline = the kick would have to land on the cup area in order to be a foul. if it doesn't then no foul and a warning to the fighter acting like it was a nut shot. second false alarm then deduct a point from him.

Zedlepln -  Matt Hughes would win fights 27-19 if they did this.

If he lost all three rounds but was kicked in the nuts eleven times then that's the way it should be scored IMO :)

Stevia Austin - How about just completely banning inside leg kicks? That will solve the problem of nut shots. Its not like someone won a fight with inside leg kicks. Outside leg kicks, yes, but inside leg kicks only end up crushing gonads.

yeah man, elimate clinch knees too, its just too dangerous...

WhatIsMMA - you sure are upset gonzaga destroyed your boy

LMAO @ "my boy"... I know basically nothing about him, I just happen to see that fight (and others like it) as an embarrassment to the sport.

"ALL GROIN KICKS SHOULD BE 1 POINT DEDUCTIONS "

+ 10

Take the point to soften up your opponent.

IMO attempted knees to the body in the clinch and inside leg kicks have never really played a significant impact on a fight.

That is...unless they hit the groin.

So I am not a big fan of either of them.

Other than Tusherersere and Sakara, have there been any other guys in the UFC who were hurt REALLY badly by a stray inside leg kick where they couldn't continue? (matt hughes was faking, he admitted in the post fight presser).

I don't think it's a major problem, most guys seem to continue and do fine. Taking away 1 point is ridiculous. A guy has to land that once ACCIDENTALLY and he can lose the round (or draw @9-9)?

Don't agree.

I would hate for fights to turn into something like football/soccer where guys jump to the ground and put on oscar winning performances in order to get an advantage. Don't even say that won't happen, Matt Hughes tried it against GSP!

I agree with thread starter. I had never thought about it - but yes, even accidental fouls should be immediately punished. Same goes for fence grabbing, etc. It doesn't matter if it was an accident - if it is against the rules, it needs to be punished, not warned.

I agree.

And as for the "what if he's faking?" issue.

When ever it happens, they always give the guy time anyways, during which they show the shot over and over on the big screens as the crowd winces and groans in sympathy.

Quite simply, if the video shows the shot did not hit the frank or beans, then the point is deducated from the faker instead of the kicker.

BTW, if anyone doesn't think it's that serious, then I would like you to take a full power shot from a UFC fighter to the nads, and then see if your position about this changes.

And don't say, "But I'm not a pro fighter, they train to take hits."

No fighter trains to take nut shots.  How exactly would one go about toughening up your scrotum anyway?

BKViper -  I agree.
And as for the "what if he's faking?" issue.
When ever it happens, they always give the guy time anyways, during which they show the shot over and over on the big screens as the crowd winces and groans in sympathy.
Quite simply, if the video shows the shot did not hit the frank or beans, then the point is deducted from the faker instead of the kicker.

Exactly. And now that the use of instant replay appears as if it will become the norm then official judgments can be made by the refs

voorhees - IMO attempted knees to the body in the clinch and inside leg kicks have never really played a significant impact on a fight.

That is...unless they hit the groin.

So I am not a big fan of either of them.
wat???  you sir, are an idiot.