Alternate Uniform Approved for HS Wrestling

theINFAMOUScarpe -

Don't like this at all. If you think wearing a singlet is gay then wrestling is not for you. It's not a damn fashion show it's about the best one on one competition youth/high school sports have to offer. Think your tough? Get on the mat, your team can't save you, your mommy can't save you. Even you succeed or your counting the lights in the gym ceiling

So you're saying you felt comfortable the first time you put one on?

I'm a grower not a shower but had no problems wearing a singlet - you're there to compete not show off your frank and beans. Having said that, I don't really have a problem with the change. Kids who want to wrestle will do so regardless of the uniform. A kid who won't wrestle because of the uniform probably wouldn't make it through the grueling practices and dietary restrictions anyway.

The point of the singlet is 2 fold, coverage, and minimizing the impact of clothing.

Grabbing isn't as much of an issue as accidentally getting caught up in shit. Many times fingers get caught up in clothing.
I have no problem with this if its right compression shorts, though I don't know how that helps fatties.
If you look at wrestling and see gay, maybe that says more about you than the singlet.

ABCTT_sakurabas ear -
CoughSyrupOD - Bout time. I remember being a kid and wearing the required uniform was a major piece of resistance for me.

Bingo. I played ice hockey growing up and was constantly asked by the wrestling coach to join the team because I was really small but strong for my size. I couldn't bare the thought of my tiny wiener being on display, it wasn't my fault though, my brother was hung like a mule and talked so much shit it made me self conscious. 

Sounds like one of you needs to figure out who his real father is.