Am I the only one who hates Dom as an announcer?

dom is good

get Cruz stoned, and a giggly stoned.

Dom is great but the announcing as a whole was really lacking. Probably because they're still finding their roles. Anik seemed almost scared to talk and just jumped in during awkward silences.

lol @ Rogan shills in this thread. Cruz, Hardy and Mir are the best in the business.

Bit of a wordy cunt for my liking 

I like Cruz but I prefer DC in that position. No need for either if they hadn't let Goldie go tho.

Anik just bores me - I find it difficult to listen to anything he says. I used to hate him and Florian commentating together.

He's doing exactly what he is there to do. Provide first hand technical analysis. Joe and Anik are the enetertainers. In this role, I don't think there is anyone better. I'm not necessarily a fan of Cruz, but the guy is brilliant. Several times during the fight he would be making some statement about what the fighter could do or should do, and almost on cue, they did exactly that. He's amazing as the "expert." 

Cruz has a condescending tone to his commentary and analysis: like there's no room for dispute.

However, MMA is a super technical sport, that has room for so many different approaches to any given situation. No opinion is 100% correct.

Good commentary is as much about what you DON'T say as what you do.

TrickedYa -

He's doing exactly what he is there to do. Provide first hand technical analysis. Joe and Anik are the enetertainers. In this role, I don't think there is anyone better. I'm not necessarily a fan of Cruz, but the guy is brilliant. Several times during the fight he would be making some statement about what the fighter could do or should do, and almost on cue, they did exactly that. He's amazing as the "expert." 

I agree, his brilliance makes up for any awkwardness or lengthy period of talking.

The flow will come with time.

Cormier also is good; he brings in additional experience and expertise, which Rogan sometimes doesn't have.

The commentary needed an expert, not to have to solely rely on Rogan, who has knowledge, but not from experience.

The problem I had last night was that there were two, play-by-play guys. It doesn't work, especially when they constantly agree on every single thing the other person says. 

OtherGrooundDropIn -
ShanTheMan - I am with you guys.

Same. Agreed with everything said.

Ditto. Very solid points. Can't argue with them.

BrCutter -

The problem I had last night was that there were two, play-by-play guys. It doesn't work, especially when they constantly agree on every single thing the other person says. 

Can't disagree on national TV

Post Ban - 
FatBuddha - I like him as a person and a fighter, but I do find that he takes 5 sentences to say what could be summarized in 1. Still, better than most.
He is definitely too wordy. My hope is that if he does this full-time he learns how to be more concise. The constant explaining actually makes it hard to watch the fights.

Anyone you uses "wordy" should not be critiquing someones elses vocabulary.

Only tards that don't understand intricacy of techniques and just want to hear a coked up guy screaming at the top of his lungs 

Dom's favorite word last night...... "agreed"

joshLISTED -

If Dom could suck his own dick without injuring himself, he would. I like the guy, but is there anyone who loves the sound of their own voice more than him?

This ^^^^^ x's ten.

McSurly -
Post Ban - 
FatBuddha - I like him as a person and a fighter, but I do find that he takes 5 sentences to say what could be summarized in 1. Still, better than most.
He is definitely too wordy. My hope is that if he does this full-time he learns how to be more concise. The constant explaining actually makes it hard to watch the fights.

I wasn't criticizing his vocabulary I was criticizing his lack of brevity. Also I'm commenting on a forum, he's a professional broadcaster, so maybe hold him to a higher standard?

Post Ban -
McSurly -
Post Ban - 

I wasn't criticizing his vocabulary I was criticizing his lack of brevity. Also I'm commenting on a forum, he's a professional broadcaster, so maybe hold him to a higher standard?

He did have points where he was searching for words to make a concise point but ppl really need to give him a break. He's just started. Imagine u going up here and doing his job. It's incredibly difficult and intimidating for someone with no background training in it. 

He's a condescendingly polite little asshole.

I think all the praise for his fight breakdowns have gotten back to him and now he's overdoing it. It seems like he thinks he's the smartest person in the room and has to break things down meticulously for all to understand. Which gets rather tiresome and boring for those that can can appreciate brevity.