Am I the only person who thinks GSP/Sheilds...

Will suck if it happens in Toronto? I believe Sheilds is very talented, super strong, and a solid competitor but GSP's skill set does not match up with his very well right now.
Give Sheilds his own chance to run through the AKA guys, Alves and Co. Before getting a chance at the belt.
Am I crazy?

It won't suck because GSP will win and Canada will be a a happy land. Phone Post

Shields wont get him down...

If a miracle should happen and get's him down...He can't keep him down...

This will be a jab beatdown... Please save this shit for Vegas... Have GSP fight a 185er

Terrible fight, GSP will keep his distance, there is no way Shields could get him down.

UFC 131
BOCEK,PATRICK,STOUT,HOREDECKI,DOERKSON,GSP,PIERSON, lots of canadian talent

I think that the UFC will eventually start to see the type of match making Sheilds/GSP start to bite them in the ass when it comes to ppv buys. As the fans get smarter and smarter it will be harder and harder to pull the wool over their eyes

ttt

it would be another interesting gsp win by decision

I think Shields will successfully take GSP down several times, not sure how that fight will end. Not an easy fight for GSP at all. I'm already pumped for it.

anyone who is remotely interested in this fight is a naive victim to the zuffa marketing machine

this fight has 50-43 written all over it

Brock75thRanger - anyone who is remotely interested in this fight is a naive victim to the zuffa marketing machine

Or Canadian

At least Shields knows his strength and will try to get the fight on the ground unlike Koscheck who wasted 5 rounds not landing one punch.

sevenone - Will suck if it happens in Toronto? I believe Sheilds is very talented, super strong, and a solid competitor but GSP's skill set does not match up with his very well right now.
Give Sheilds his own chance to run through the AKA guys, Alves and Co. Before getting a chance at the belt.
Am I crazy?

Dana doesn't have any more confidence that Shields could get through the AKA guys than he though Hardy could. And he has to find someone new for GSP to fight, so that's why those fights aren't happening.

Other than that, I agree. I think Shields should beat a top contender. Kampmann, while good, was picked for Shields because he's one of the best guy at WW who Dana felt comfortable that Shields could take down.

Shields gameplan is to get in range:

1. For a takedown. Then GNP/submission.

I doubt he will pull a Sonnen and punch GSP in the face but that would be cool, you never know. That shocked the shit outta me when he did that to Silva. Speaking of which, the only way that would happen is if GSP remains in close range.

Okay so GSP has more ways to win this fight:

1. Get in range to knock him out or
2. Take him down to submit/gnp him or
3. Stay out of his range and Jab him to Death.

If GSP does #3, Shields must learn to cut him off and take him down at the right moment. This is no easy task. Good luck Jake.

Joe_Leduc - I think Shields will successfully take GSP down several times, not sure how that fight will end. Not an easy fight for GSP at all. I'm already pumped for it.

No way this happens with GSPs new jab..if Koscheck can't get close, Shields isn't either. Shields is so great when he gets ahold of you, I can see him winning against anyone but GSP or Fitch. But no way GSP let's him try his BJJ.

GSP by rape....and i mean rape-rape......

Brock75thRanger - anyone who is remotely interested in this fight is a naive victim to the zuffa marketing machine

this fight has 50-43 written all over it

I'm interested in the fight only because I want to see GSP make artwork of another high-level, high-ranking MMA fighter. We wont ever see another GSP in the sport of MMA in my opinion.

Shields is a worse wrestler with worse cardio and infinitely worse standup.

shields wins that fight, and i laugh all the way to the bank

This fights gonna be boring gsp will always fight the easiest fight therefor look for him to jab and kick shields prob to a decision but maybe a tko due to jakes shit standup in a fight more boring than saturdays fight Phone Post

I very much doubt shields can take gsp down, so he'll stand with a grappler and all the 10'ers will claim that it should stuff GSP's critics because he wasn't scared to strike with a fighter who hits as hard and my little sister.