American Top Team

So, where most female college students take vacations, I take jiu jitsu pilgrimages. For the past two weeks I've been in Vero Beach, FL training at the ATT affiliate there under the close watch of Renato Tavares. In a couple weeks, he's fixed some holes in my game that although minor, have forced me to take major strides. He really, really cares about his students and takes the time to beat the hell out of all the young kids like me every night. Anyone passing through the area should stop by, for sure. In return for his wisdom, I'm painting murals in his gym...here's the first one... not the greatest pic. (5' x 5')

Today, he was kind enough to take me down to the ATT gym. Well, I was driving while he fucked around on myspace, but it was his car and his gym so close enough. ;) I walked in and was stifling the desire to run up and meet every person in there and explore the massive gym. Holy balls, it was incredible. Everyone was very nice considering a random person was wandering into their gym during the noon training...I tried not to stare.

Watching the training, I can see why many guys are switching to American Top Team. Why just have you push yourself where there's dozens of guys to push you in all different areas--wrestling, striking, all different aspects of the jiu jitsu game. Damn. I'm jealous.

I worked with Marcus Aurelio (who got me with the same north south choke three times, I need to get better at defending guard passes), Pequeno (yes, his guillotine is strong), Renato (same ol' same ol' general ass whooping/swept everywhere), Marcelo Garcia (who said he'll stop talking shit about me when I pass his guard), Jucao (when told by Renato to roll with me he yelled "PORRA"...so he was not pleased with the idea of rolling with me :( ), and my friends Bruno (we brought him, he's visiting Vero to train with Renato too, but from France) and Ben (battle of the purple belts!...he won). SO many other guys were there too that I never got a chance to train with.

All in all, I left trying to smile but my muscles were dead. I love training. :) I've got one more week here, ADCC tournament, 5 days back home training, 5 days in LA training with BTT, 4 days of Mundial, back home for training, and hopefully more pilgrimages before school starts back in August! Gym owners/coaches, bring me in to paint murals--pay travel and give me a couch/let me train and I'm good....don't need a profit, I just want to learn.

Disclaimer: I'm not the daintiest looking gal' (or what so ever attractive) post-ass kicking.

Awesome.

sweet hillary. i am fuggin jealous. you are living a dream of mine. make the most of it and hold on to it forever!!!

Nice work Hillary! Can't wait to catch up at the Mundials! :)

Badass ATT!

Badass Hillary!

Badass sport!

Badass mural, too :-)

ATT!!

What say about this girl. She is very talent and she allways want to get better in BJJ and Grappling. She is here with a very bad sunburn and still train hard every day.
What this girl because she is going to be maybe in a near future a ADCC champion.... But for now I will kick her ass 2, 3 times a day for the next week, hahahahahah.....

Kirik! When am I gonna come train with you guys?

wow, i wish i could go. also, don't look too bad for no makeup and after rolling/grappling/sparring. are you sunburned a bit on your arm in the pic with marcelo or what?

Yeah, I was HORRIBLY sunburned this whole week.

you are a medium sized red hot ass chick now arent you?

I'll be at ATT tomorrow. you still going to be there?

tracylee - I'll be at ATT tomorrow. you still going to be there?

Nope, tomorrow I'm doing some filming for MMA girls and teaching two women's self defense seminars

*bows up*

hi-ya!!!!!!!

Hillary - Kirik! When am I gonna come train with you guys?

What's up Lobstillary! :-)

Sooner rather than later I hope; I will send you an email.

Cheers,

Kirik

renatojjrio - What say about this girl. She is very talent and she allways want to get better in BJJ and Grappling. She is here with a very bad sunburn and still train hard every day.

What this girl because she is going to be maybe in a near future a ADCC champion.... But for now I will kick her ass 2, 3 times a day for the next week, hahahahahah.....

Obrigada por tudo Renato. Espero q eu posso treinar com vc muitas mais vezes

You my dear RULE

let me the first to ruin this thread with the old "TF? Sunburned Bikini PICS?!?"

sounds awesome

Very nice!!! Good luck at ADCC.

Great pics, thanks so much for sharing.....Marcelo is too cute for words.