Anderson Silva: I'm not fighting Brazilians again

VinegarStrokes - I don't think he will fight more than a few more times. I think he just takes a couple fights to prove to himself he still has it and walks away. And if he does that good for him.

Lord knows I was one to hate on some of his antics but you have to respect what he did in the octagon. Phone Post 3.0

I think that goes without saying that we respect what he has done, but like others Rampage for example the more you talk stupid shit the more you tarnish your legacy in a way. I mean BRazilians make up what 70-80 percent of the roster, so saying you wont fight a Brazilian is pretty silly imo.

Total non-issue. And bad translation to add to it. He was just trying to sound polite to us brazilian fans. Phone Post 3.0

zazen br - Total non-issue. And bad translation to add to it. He was just trying to sound polite to us brazilian fans. Phone Post 3.0

Why would he need to sound polite? Is he hated in Brazil? Do you guys not like when Brazilians fight other Brazilians? Shit i dont care if Americans fight Americans all day its a sport who cares. Most of these guys are MUCH better friends at the end of the fight and gain a level of respect for each other we couldnt even comprehend.

Look at Aldo and Mendes. To this day Aldo is praising Mendes every chance he gets and they started off hating each other.

Well he found any excuse to pick his opponents when he was champ so why not now? I like watching the guy fight, and he may be the best ever, but he did this kind of stuff for years. Phone Post 3.0

Madrugadao - Wow! Talk about 'what have you done for me lately'. It is amazing how quickly you lot will spin around and shit on a fighter.

He can fight who the fuck he wants, I'd say he has earned the right. He should be sitting on the Copacabana, eating burgers and getting fat, anyway.

Yeah, I'm sure if Chuck had refused to fight Americans that would have gone down real well.

Sorry Tito, I can't fight you because we are both Americans.

I really hope GSP never comes back.

The Shockmaster - 
Madrugadao - Wow! Talk about 'what have you done for me lately'. It is amazing how quickly you lot will spin around and shit on a fighter.

He can fight who the fuck he wants, I'd say he has earned the right. He should be sitting on the Copacabana, eating burgers and getting fat, anyway.

Yeah, I'm sure if Chuck had refused to fight Americans that would have gone down real well.

BOOM! Nobody earns the right to fight anyone doesnt matter what you have done. If thats the case then might as well just say i am only here to sell PPVs because the sport aspect is gone.

Yes he should be retired and enjoy his accomplishments but im sure Dana threw money at him because of the dying ppv numbers. Who says no to money to fight a couple more times.

i do not acept that

The Shockmaster - 

The difference is SILVA NEVER DID THAT AS CHAMP. He fought everyone he needed to.

Now at the end of his career, coming off a devestating injury and incredible legacy he should be able to fight whoever he wants without dildos like you spouting nonsense.

nothing new.

he never wanted to fight another brazilian.

and just look at his fights against brazilians...all very strange except for vs Vitor

Bisping, Kennedy, Rockhold, Romero. Plenty of great fights for Anderson at MW right now.

I think we see Anderson/Bisping in the UK at some point, would be a huge showcase over here Phone Post 3.0

Strikeforce Redbelt - 
The Shockmaster - 

The difference is SILVA NEVER DID THAT AS CHAMP. He fought everyone he needed to.

Now at the end of his career, coming off a devestating injury and incredible legacy he should be able to fight whoever he wants without dildos like you spouting nonsense.

Wait because i just want to get this right and im not trying to be a dick. So because he is at the end of his career he should be able to pick and choose who he wants to fight? What if Chuck said i dont want to fight Rashad because he is American what would you have honesty said?

ShanTheMan - Well he found any excuse to pick his opponents when he was champ so why not now? I like watching the guy fight, and he may be the best ever, but he did this kind of stuff for years. Phone Post 3.0
When did he pick his opponents? Pretty sure he fought every single contender the ufc thru his way? Phone Post 3.0

He says this now but will he still feel that way if a title shot comes his way in the future?

El Duderino -

That sucks. I really wanted to see him fight Machida or Vitor again.

That's like Fitch vs Koscheck. Will never happen. Phone Post 3.0

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey -
El Duderino -

That sucks. I really wanted to see him fight Machida or Vitor again.

That's like Fitch vs Koscheck. Will never happen. Phone Post 3.0
Fighting Lyoto, that is Phone Post 3.0

MMAistight -
TheEmperorRises - Translated- "I don't want to lose to Machida or Jacare" Phone Post 3.0

Silly, baseless posts like this make me sad. You think he lied about not wanting to fight Brazilians (which he mentioned multiple times as champ) because he's scared to fight those guys? Even though, in the same breath, he said he would fight Weidman, who stomped him twice?

It's much more logical that, as he comes to the end of his legendary career, he'd just prefer not to fight anymore of his own countrymen. I don't like his nationalistic stance, and I'd like him more if he said he was down to fight whoever, but don't disrespect an amazing fighter by saying made up shit like that.
He didn't have a problem fighting Leites, Maia and Belfort.

What changed?? Phone Post 3.0

TheEmperorRises - 
MMAistight -
TheEmperorRises - Translated- "I don't want to lose to Machida or Jacare" Phone Post 3.0

Silly, baseless posts like this make me sad. You think he lied about not wanting to fight Brazilians (which he mentioned multiple times as champ) because he's scared to fight those guys? Even though, in the same breath, he said he would fight Weidman, who stomped him twice?

It's much more logical that, as he comes to the end of his legendary career, he'd just prefer not to fight anymore of his own countrymen. I don't like his nationalistic stance, and I'd like him more if he said he was down to fight whoever, but don't disrespect an amazing fighter by saying made up shit like that.
He didn't have a problem fighting Leites, Maia and Belfort.

What changed?? Phone Post 3.0

Actually he did. He did it anyway because that's his job and he didn't want to lose money and get his title stripped for refusing a fight.

Now he doesnt have a title, and he doesnt need it, he is already the best fighter the ufc has ever had and hes made enough money. He doesn't need to do anything he doesn't want to do.

He can fight whoever he wants at this point. If he becomes champ again ya he can't pick his fights anymore... but unless that happens he can fight whoever he wants and he shouldnt take any shit for it.

Americans will never understand pride, loyalty, dignity, etc. These are important things in Brazilian culture; American culture is about money and nothing else.

An American would fight his own fucking family if it would get him fame and money. And those oh-so-sweet rationalizations ("It's a business, get over it" or "There are no friends in the cage"), I love them.

That's why Americans (Westerners in general) don't understand Silva's remarks. It's a hideous, vicious culture we have.

As much as I love Anderson the belt is not a "Get out of fighting my countrymen card"

If he were to beat to Weidman, does he think the rest of the Brazillians at MW would just give up title dreams all of a sudden?