Anderson Silva: I'm not fighting Brazilians again

I think if push comes to shove he'd fight Vitor again. Out of all the fighters from Brazil at MW/LHW I think Anderson would be most inclined to fight him. Phone Post 3.0

The Power Double - You guys are missing the part where's he's the GOAT. He's getting old, he has nothing left to prove and he should be about to do whatever he likes.

He doesn't want to fight his friends? All good. He doesn't want to beat fellow Brazilians and knock them down the rankings? No problem with me.

Let him do his thing and just sit back and enjoy what will probably be his last few fights.

This guy doesn't deserve trash talk from MMA fans, let alone the hardcore fans here on the UG, Phone Post 3.0
GOAT or not - fighters acting like this demean MMA as a legitimate sport.

No other sport has this "I'm not fighting this guy because he's my countryman/teammate/friend", etc. Pathetic. And as fighters go, you don't get more disingenuous than Silva. Phone Post 3.0

Silva is trolling yall. He fought Chael a second time. He just likes to fuck around. Es Normal. Phone Post 3.0

He was a great fighter, may still be but he's old.
IMO, he can fight whoever he wants.
Out of the top 5 guys, 3 are Brazilian, and can beat him.
Is it an excuse?
Yes, a lame ass one.
But the guy's reighn has ended and he'll never wear a strap again.
Like Fedor and others, just be glad you get to see him perform.
It's "superfight" time. Phone Post 3.0

MMAistight -
TheEmperorRises - Translated- "I don't want to lose to Machida or Jacare" Phone Post 3.0

Silly, baseless posts like this make me sad. You think he lied about not wanting to fight Brazilians (which he mentioned multiple times as champ) because he's scared to fight those guys? Even though, in the same breath, he said he would fight Weidman, who stomped him twice?

It's much more logical that, as he comes to the end of his legendary career, he'd just prefer not to fight anymore of his own countrymen. I don't like his nationalistic stance, and I'd like him more if he said he was down to fight whoever, but don't disrespect an amazing fighter by saying made up shit like that.
Great post, vu Phone Post 3.0

dominating_fashion -
The Power Double - You guys are missing the part where's he's the GOAT. He's getting old, he has nothing left to prove and he should be about to do whatever he likes.

He doesn't want to fight his friends? All good. He doesn't want to beat fellow Brazilians and knock them down the rankings? No problem with me.

Let him do his thing and just sit back and enjoy what will probably be his last few fights.

This guy doesn't deserve trash talk from MMA fans, let alone the hardcore fans here on the UG, Phone Post 3.0

No other sport has this "I'm not fighting this guy because he's my countryman/teammate/friend", etc. Pathetic. And as fighters go, you don't get more disingenuous than Silva. Phone Post 3.0
Formula 1? Boxing? Phone Post 3.0

burner22 -
dominating_fashion -

Formula 1? Boxing? Phone Post 3.0
Matchmaking in boxing is fucked up to begin with, but fair enough - this sort of shit goes on there and the sport is worse off because of it.

In F1 - it's a bit different as drivers compete as individuals and as part of a team. MMA is an individual sport. If Andre Agassi had refused to play Pete Sampras, he would've been laughed off the tennis court and called a fool. Phone Post 3.0