Anderson Silva: I'm not fighting Brazilians again

SupesUp - When he was champ it was an issue.
If he's not fighting for a belt and fighting for his country, making money and putting on a show he can do whatever the fuck he wants. He's earned it in my books. Phone Post 3.0

THIS!!!!

zazen br - Total non-issue. And bad translation to add to it. He was just trying to sound polite to us brazilian fans. Phone Post 3.0

I can careless if that's is personal opinion, but if a white American said the same thing the phony moral outrage would be out of control...Along with the anti American rhetoric he would be called a racist!

GarlicSauce - Americans will never understand pride, loyalty, dignity, etc. These are important things in Brazilian culture; American culture is about money and nothing else.

An American would fight his own fucking family if it would get him fame and money. And those oh-so-sweet rationalizations ("It's a business, get over it" or "There are no friends in the cage"), I love them.

That's why Americans (Westerners in general) don't understand Silva's remarks. It's a hideous, vicious culture we have.

Vicious and hideous culture indeed....Flip flops, board shorts and bullets to the head.
Look at the murder rate in Brazil, it's hideous!

Facts are a bummer huh?

Fuck you ass hole! :) happy new year!

Note this interview was done from his house in LA!

Lol at this. Imagine an american saying " i wont fight other americans" we would never tolerate this bullshit. The toughest opponents in his division are all brazillian outside of the champion. Read between the lines and it says i wont fight any difficult fights unless its for the title Phone Post 3.0

Anderson Silva can do whatever the hell he wants. He's all right by me. Phone Post 3.0

I want Vitor and Anderson 2 and Anderson vs Machida.

Funny he plays the 'respect' card now with his countrymen, yet came across as massively disrespectful and not exactly befitting of a champion to Maia in their fight, and in the build up to the Vitor fight.

Being a great fighter, and arguably the best ever, doesn't exempt you from valid criticism of having double standards like this. Phone Post 3.0

Lol at fanboys supporting a fighter who chooses his opponents.
That is not the mark of a warrior.
Silva has lost his warrior spirit.

:(

tenchu - Lol at fanboys supporting a fighter who chooses his opponents.
That is not the mark of a warrior.
Silva has lost his warrior spirit.

:(
Let's be real here Phone Post 3.0

If an American fighter.......any American fighter ever said something this ridiculous.........

Irrational nationalism and excuse-making are the two pillars upon which Brazilian culture stands.

You guys are missing the part where's he's the GOAT. He's getting old, he has nothing left to prove and he should be about to do whatever he likes.

He doesn't want to fight his friends? All good. He doesn't want to beat fellow Brazilians and knock them down the rankings? No problem with me.

Let him do his thing and just sit back and enjoy what will probably be his last few fights.

This guy doesn't deserve trash talk from MMA fans, let alone the hardcore fans here on the UG, Phone Post 3.0

Madrugadao - Wow! Talk about 'what have you done for me lately'. It is amazing how quickly you lot will spin around and shit on a fighter.

He can fight who the fuck he wants, I'd say he has earned the right. He should be sitting on the Copacabana, eating burgers and getting fat, anyway.
You are absolutely correct he is the GOAT at middleweight and is at the twilight of his career and should be able to pick and choose who ever he wants to fight! Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan - Well he found any excuse to pick his opponents when he was champ so why not now? I like watching the guy fight, and he may be the best ever, but he did this kind of stuff for years. Phone Post 3.0
Are you serious? The UFC picked his opponents and he whooped there ass! Phone Post 3.0

gallo_de_ pelea -
ShanTheMan - Well he found any excuse to pick his opponents when he was champ so why not now? I like watching the guy fight, and he may be the best ever, but he did this kind of stuff for years. Phone Post 3.0
Are you serious? The UFC picked his opponents and he whooped there ass! Phone Post 3.0
Read page 3 if you can. Already spoke on this. Yes he beat everybody in front of him. Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan - 
The Sultan -
When did he pick his opponents? Pretty sure he fought every single contender the ufc thru his way? Phone Post 3.0
He kept saying after #1 contender fights that nate and hendo didnt deserve a rematch, then tried to duck weidman iirc and said rockhold was the right guy. This is before luke was REALLY proven like he is now. Like I said I enjoy watching him fight but he has been accused of picking and choosing before I ever did it. Phone Post 3.0

What bs. Lol?

He never tried to "duck" Weidman, because at that point Weidman hadn't even established himself as a contender. He had a couple of lack-luster fights and had minimal PPV draw. On that logic, you could say Silva ducked every MW on roster he didn't fight, doesn't mean its true.

Silva destroyed Hendo and Nate, they never even came close to getting back into #1 contender position.

I can't remember the Rockhold comments, but at that point Rockhold no doubt had a better resume than Weidman. He was the Strikeforce MW champ.

^at the time Nate and Hendo had both come back up toward the top. Both winning fights deemed #1 contender matches. That is the truth. In the end I am glad because he would have won either rematch imo. The Rockhold thing wasnt really a big deal, just another small example.

Glad he is still fighting, but everyone acting like he is some respectful, noble champion is rewriting history. Phone Post 3.0

Strikeforce Redbelt - 
ShanTheMan - 
The Sultan -
When did he pick his opponents? Pretty sure he fought every single contender the ufc thru his way? Phone Post 3.0
He kept saying after #1 contender fights that nate and hendo didnt deserve a rematch, then tried to duck weidman iirc and said rockhold was the right guy. This is before luke was REALLY proven like he is now. Like I said I enjoy watching him fight but he has been accused of picking and choosing before I ever did it. Phone Post 3.0

What bs. Lol?

He never tried to "duck" Weidman, because at that point Weidman hadn't even established himself as a contender. He had a couple of lack-luster fights and had minimal PPV draw. On that logic, you could say Silva ducked every MW on roster he didn't fight, doesn't mean its true.

Silva destroyed Hendo and Nate, they never even came close to getting back into #1 contender position.

I can't remember the Rockhold comments, but at that point Rockhold no doubt had a better resume than Weidman. He was the Strikeforce MW champ.

I haven't read this thread through in it's entirety by I am in full agreement with Shan............and despite what ^ this guy says about Weidman not having established himself as a contender, everyone in the sport knew damn well that he posed a very strong threat to Anderson with his strong wrestling background and crushing knockout power (especially coming off the Munoz fight). Anderson's camp was well aware of the threat posed by Weidman, it was a fight with a tonne to lose and little to gain, hence he tried to work his way around it as he had done several times with other fighters, as Shan so kindly pointed out.

Also, lets not forget how him and John Bones Jones became bff's overnight. That in itself was the biggest farce of them all..........well, it's up there with being offended anytime someone from his own country, one which just happens to produce many of the largest threats to his belt, was willing to accept an opportunity to fight for the title against him.

Sometimes I like Anderson, and other times he is just fucked in the head. I will absolutely by pulling for my man Nick to take it to him against the cage, and on the mat in a few weeks.

You know what, screw him! He wants to play that nationalism crap, fine. I'm no longer a fan of his. I hate when fighters pull that crap. He wants to draw a line in the sand and say it's ok to beat up Americans but not his precious countrymen, good....he just lost a fan. I'll shiow my American pride by hoping he gets his face smashed in!