Anderson:"U F'n momma's boy, where's ur JiuJitsu?"

ALL DAY JAY - Bottom line, Maia lasted 25 minutes on the feet with Anderson. He may have been dominated at times, but he was never in any real trouble, and he did not get KO'd. There is not a chance in hell that Anderson would last 25 minutes on the ground with Maia. Maia would have forced him to tap within minutes. He did not really want to see Maia's jiu jitsu. He was just being a bitch.

Thalis Leites lasted 25 mins but tried to butt scoot on the ground the whole time, as another BJJ guy, Maia played Anderson's game while standing and Anderson couldn't finish him. Does this prove that Spider is scared to go to the ground? or is it just a good game plan? Tough call..

ALL DAY JAY - Bottom line, Maia lasted 25 minutes on the feet with Anderson. He may have been dominated at times, but he was never in any real trouble, and he did not get KO’d. There is not a chance in hell that Anderson would last 25 minutes on the ground with Maia. Maia would have forced him to tap within minutes. He did not really want to see Maia’s jiu jitsu. He was just being a bitch.

The smartest thing said on here; 110% agree.

NeoSpartan - 
Milford Cubicle - I'm seriously a bigger fan of Silva now, he's pissed so many people off, it's hilarious.

x10

Anderson is the shit. He's like Mohammed Ali, you HATE that you LOVE him because he's so goddamn good he can do whatever the fuck he wants

Soup and Beer - 
NeoSpartan - 
Milford Cubicle - I'm seriously a bigger fan of Silva now, he's pissed so many people off, it's hilarious.

x10

Anderson is the shit. He's like Mohammed Ali, you HATE that you LOVE him because he's so goddamn good he can do whatever the fuck he wants
No, no, no, no no.  Please don't compare Silva to Mohammed Ali.  Ali did a lot of shit talking and clowing around in the ring.  But he'd then proceed to dismantle every opponent.  I love that.   Silva shit talks and clowns, then runs half the fight.  He fought scared.  Ali never did.

this is where it gets out of hand.
so emotional.

do you REALLY think Anderson was scared of Maia?

FieryErmine - 
NeoSpartan - 

x10

Which is great if what he wants to do is fight. If what he wants to do is act like a monkey for a round then run away for two more rounds, I'm not as much a fan.

not sure if you noticed, but he was punching Maia in the face WHILE he was monkey mode

Caestus - If he wanted to see his Jiu Jitsu, why did he sprawl?

yeah, they should've started with Maia in the mount.
no need for maia to have to bring it to the ground...that's not jiu jitsu!
sheeze

I think it is very easy of us fans to be critical of Anderson ... he has put on some very good fights in the past lets not overlook that. The guy has had a long career and I do not know what's going on in his head but I doubt his intentions were to be an asshole. The swearing and clowning ... it's a fight... Silva is trying to gain a psychological advantage on his opponent.

Silva has had a long fight career and I would imagine that this job can get to you pyschologically. I'm sure some of the professional fighters here could probably relate

Seriously, HOW IN THE WORLD is he going to blame Maia for "making him upset"??

Champions aren't supposed to fight emotional and that's exactly what Anderon did for 12 minutes strait.  He gassed because he got to hyped up.....imo.

subwrassler - 

do you REALLY think Anderson was scared of Maia?

Well I certainly don't understand why he would be scared.  But then again I have no other explanation as to why he ran away from Maia for two rounds.  And by ran, I don't mean avoid.  I mean literally running.  

Maybe he was running the last two rounds because he decided that was a good time to start working on his cardio?   I have no idea.   Silva's a wierd dude.

anderson is 1 of the top two champs going right now. Maria WHO ?

subwrassler - 
Caestus - If he wanted to see his Jiu Jitsu, why did he sprawl?

yeah, they should've started with Maia in the mount.
no need for maia to have to bring it to the ground...that's not jiu jitsu!
sheeze

yups! Dan Hardy needs to learn take down defense, Maia needs to learn to wrestle, if they don't improve they cannot do what they're good at...

decu68 - 
ALL DAY JAY - Bottom line, Maia lasted 25 minutes on the feet with Anderson. He may have been dominated at times, but he was never in any real trouble, and he did not get KO’d. There is not a chance in hell that Anderson would last 25 minutes on the ground with Maia. Maia would have forced him to tap within minutes. He did not really want to see Maia’s jiu jitsu. He was just being a bitch.

The smartest thing said on here; 110% agree.

My thoughts exactly.

how come this fight is in people's heads so much?

Always go for the bad guys, that shit is funny as hell, even though my background is in BJJ.. kinda insulting too.

Never in real trouble? Did you see his face? Man, stop. Anderson won all rounds on most of the judges' scorecards, even though he took 2 rounds off.

It's a fight, and if that's how Silva has to talk himself into the fight, let it be so. If maia couldn't take advantage of Silva's dancing, then he didn't deserve to win.

Boxers take rounds off all the time. Say all you want, but Anderson is still the champ (unlike Bj Penn). All the champ has to do is win, because once you lose Dana is quick to talk up the next guy like he's a god of killers (as Bj now knows).Just like GSP avoided Hardy's standup like the plague, Anderson didn't want to take any chance of being taken down. And since this is how he feeds his kids, I don't fault him...

Fuck Anderson. I'll never buy another card with that classless prick in it. Period.

FightWatcher -  

LOL

I think even before Anderson was always been a bully he just hide it with his fake bows and stuffs

Thing with Silva is that he had good range and knew it.  If he had his hands down, maia couldn't get near him.  but if Maia put his hands down, Silva would smack him right upside the face....

<blockquote>SilvasAreGood - Wow. I used to think Anderson was one of the most respectful fighters in the sport (remember the way he talked about Franklin?). What happened?</blockquote><br /><br />

I thought the same. Maybe the pressure of being the best has made him crack.