Anderson:"U F'n momma's boy, where's ur JiuJitsu?"

Soup and Beer - 
Done Dotta - boxers take rounds off all the time when they are ahead on the score cards
That's true, but not to the extent Silva did.  There's a big difference in taking a round or two in a 12 rounder off and actually RUNNING AWAY for 40% of the fight. 

How stupid would Ali have looked showboating and clowning then completely running away the last 5 rounds to a decision?  That wouldn't have been well received in boxing either friend.

Exactly I don't like shit talk but at least I can respect it if you back it up.

But running away for the last two rounds from a guy that supposedly doesn't even deserve to be in the cage with you is a major bitch move.

LOL at people still getting bent out of shape about Anderson.  The guy fought the same fight he always does, especially when opponents won't engage and/or are severely outclassed.  And I'm sure many of the fighters have cursed and made derogatory remarks in the cage, so nothing new there.

If anything, and as others have said, this will end up making him more popular because now you'll have a contingent of fans watching just to see him get beat.

Fighers go through alot of stress. He didn't say he was going to eat Maia's children or anything like that. All this being blown way out of proportion. It's like MMA TMZ.

It;s not the cursing, it's the fact that he was clowning so much he forgot to fight..and it got old REAL fast

NeoSpartan - 
Milford Cubicle - I'm seriously a bigger fan of Silva now, he's pissed so many people off, it's hilarious.

x10

Anderson is the shit. He's like Mohammed Ali, you HATE that you LOVE him because he's so goddamn good he can do whatever the fuck he wants

Which is great if what he wants to do is fight. If what he wants to do is act like a monkey for a round then run away for two more rounds, I'm not as much a fan.

There is NO excuse for Silva's actions or words. I think that he is one of those people that believes he is the best because everybody tells him and he is not humble about it at all. And then thinks he can hide behind his "supposed" inability to speak English which just isn't true.

And looking back at his last fights, he was starting to do this with Patrick Cote and then Thales Leites. And with Forrest Griffin, but Forrest played into it and got knocked out; impressively I might add. His antics have gotten progressively worse, and again probably because he is believing all of his hype.

I can't say I've never been impressed by his fights, because I have, but I lost respect for him and no amount of words or actions can change that because I wouldn't believe him. When he loses, and he will lose, I will be one of the first up and clapping and cheering.

Anderson will always act the clown when the UFC throws meat into the ring. It's DISRESPECTFUL for the UFC to expect Anderson to simply knock out unworthy opponents. It's shows that Dana and Joe Silva have ZERO class. This is supposed to be a good, challenging fight for both fighters, not a one sided beating. 

SilvasAreGood - Wow. I used to think Anderson was one of the most respectful fighters in the sport (remember the way he talked about Franklin?). What happened?

Rich Franklin is the only guy he has ever been respectful towards. Why? Because that is who he beat for his title. If he kisses the ass and praises to high heaven the guy he got the belt from, it adds more legitimacy to his reign as champion (at least in his own mind).

If he talked shit about Franklin and belittled his title reign, Anderson would essentially be shitting on his own victory, perhaps making himself seem less worthy of a true champion in his own mind.

Bad Karma - Maia had no business being in the same ring with Anderson, he was way outclassed.

IDK about out classed, but i definitely agree that Maia did not deserve to be in the ring with anderson silva. Maia is not even close to being on Anderson Silva's level. Its like the UFC is just making Silva fight even when their is no one who has earned the chance to take a shot a the champ. I mean Vitor was next in line justifiably but he got hurt and they decided to throw Maia in the lions den.

I got an idea! You dont like the Spider toying around with his opponents in the ring, why dont you give him a real opponent. People like Thales Leites and Damian Maia who are defeated before they even get in the octagon should not be fighting for the title. And im not defending Silva's antics, because i personally thought it was the dumbest thing ive ever scene in a fight and i like showmanship (NICK DIAZ), but that was classless.

Give Anderson a real fight and watch him show everyone once again why he is the best lbs for lbs.

If he wanted to see his Jiu Jitsu, why did he sprawl?

thanks for posting, FightWatcher

Anderson=PPV BOMB

crazydave - 
NeoSpartan - 
Milford Cubicle - I'm seriously a bigger fan of Silva now, he's pissed so many people off, it's hilarious.

x10

Anderson is the shit. He's like Mohammed Ali, you HATE that you LOVE him because he's so goddamn good he can do whatever the fuck he wants

People will tune in thats for sure!
I'll tune in, but no way am I purchasing his next PPV.

Caestus - If he wanted to see his Jiu Jitsu, why did he sprawl?

K-Dub-"T" - OMG! First he called him a playboy.

Then he called him a momma's boy.

Enough is enough!
This has to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Bottom line, Maia lasted 25 minutes on the feet with Anderson. He may have been dominated at times, but he was never in any real trouble, and he did not get KO’d. There is not a chance in hell that Anderson would last 25 minutes on the ground with Maia. Maia would have forced him to tap within minutes. He did not really want to see Maia’s jiu jitsu. He was just being a bitch.

crazydave - 
CRBMoney14 - lol Andersons heel turn is awesome

No one wants to engage him so fights look boring. The fighters that have engaged him got KTFO! Spider's trying to entertain the fans and has now turned into the heel. I still think he should've tried to finish Maia instead of blowing his wad talking trash, he was tired in the later rounds because of it.

people liking anderson for acting like a classless pos are pos's themselves.

Lofland - Doesn't want to risk standing in the pocket? Silva was standing there with his hands at his waist, bent over with his chin stuck out.

Dude, even the TUF n00bs look down on you.

so he ran away fro 3 rounds? people defending anderson look like the tuf noobs