Anderson wants jones

Anderson Silva has admitted a fight against Jon Jones for the first time. The UFC middleweight champion talked about his desire to face the light heavyweight title holder later this year during a lecture with other fellow Brazilian sports personalities, last week in Las Vegas, as reported by Sportv.com.
When asked about the possibility of facing Jones, “the Spider” stated that he would welcome the opportunity to get in the cage with “Bones”, adding that the superfight can happen in 2013 on a catchweight between 185 and 205 pounds. Therefore, neither his nor Jones’ belt would be on the line. Also, the idea is to schedule the fight as the headliner of the UFC’s first ever event in New York, in case MMA gets sanctioned over there in proper time. If not, the much-anticipated ”Silva x Jones” collision could take place on a soccer stadium in Brazil.
Silva’s manager, Jorge Guimarães, talked to Sportv.com and stated that “all signs point to that fight happening, but nothing has been confirmed or discussed as of now.” Guimarães also added that it would be a bout in which “there’s no interest to take away anybody’s belt”.
Anderson Silva last appearance inside the Octagon was on October 13th of 2012, when he defeated Stephan Bonnar in a light heavyweight bout. As of now, the UFC has not scheduled Silva’s next challenge. Meanwhile, Jon Jones is set to face Chael Sonnen on April 27th as the main event of UFC 159. Phone Post

Source bj penn.com btw Phone Post

Goosebumps would be had Phone Post

Phone Post

TEX4N - Phone Post

Lol this Phone Post

Cool a super fight is definetly happening with silva against either gsp or jones this year probably in MSG on UFC's 20th anniversary. Cant wait!

If Silva does fight jones I think a catch weight is very fair. Maybe at around 198-200.

If we got Aldo/Pettis Aldo/bendo silva/gsp
And silva/jones this year it would be insane Phone Post

192-194 imo

LOL @ the goons that have been talking about 'ducking'. What's your excuse now?

Anderson said from the beginning he didn't want to take his teammates's opportunity at a belt away. A catchweight eliminates that possibility. 

I would be really interested to hear if Jones thinks he can cut that much weight.

It would really suck if this catch weight stipulation put a halt to the best possible matchup to be made in all of combat sports.

"Ball is now in Jones court. "

Is it really? You think that Jones has any prayer of making 192 or 195 or whatever weight that Silva is demanding?

RyannVonDoom - 
ABE FROMAN - 

LOL @ the goons that have been talking about 'ducking'. What's your excuse now?

Anderson said from the beginning he didn't want to take his teammates's opportunity at a belt away. A catchweight eliminates that possibility. 

He finally stepped up. Good on him for it. Do it at 205 and for the strap. Go big or go home. 

There was no 'finally'. Jones was about as interested in the fight as Anderson was at the time, which was zero.

2 different divisions and no need to fight.

The fans are goofy. Why does Anderson Silva need to change weight divisions when he is the champ at 185 and has teammates at 205?

The next thing you know the fans will be claiming he is a coward for not fighting Lil Nog and Machida, his teammates.

We're good for that sort of shit.

vote me down all you want, but I think its fucking pathetic that Anderson fights Forrest and Stephan at 205 but wont fight jones at 205. Either give Jones a fair chance and let him weigh 205, or just dont bring up a fight with him at all. Jones at any weight below 205 is not a fair fight.

Bones don't look too swole on TUF. He could make it probably. He seems like he puts on weight during camps? Maybe? Phone Post

the islander -

vote me down all you want, but I think its fucking pathetic that Anderson fights Forrest and Stephan at 205 but wont fight jones at 205. Either give Jones a fair chance and let him weigh 205, or just dont bring up a fight with him at all. Jones at any weight below 205 is not a fair fight.

To be fair, his best bud is now in line for the next shot at the strap. I'm not complaining either way, just stoked this fight may happen. Phone Post

subwrassler - 192-194 imo

Didnt jones camp say he would be "near death" at that weight?...which is bullshit,sounds like tito/cyborg crap... Phone Post

Why wouldn't he just go to 205 for the belt and then vacate it right after? Add to his legacy and not get in the way of his teammates.

Does anyone really think if this was the stipulation the UFC wouldn't accommodate it to allow one of the biggest superfights in history to take place?

Either way a catchweight or 205 it still ties up jones so what's the concern about hindering his teammates?

Or will anderson simply price himself out and ask for a lopsided catch weight that jones can't make like he's been doing already? Phone Post

“there’s no interest to take away anybody’s belt"

Way to kill a bunch of hype for the fight right there. Title fights elevate a fight...any fight to new proportions.

Correct me if im wrong but even it is at a catchweight, it still falls between 185 and 205 and thus is a title fight.

the islander - 

Because he would be fighting for the championship.  Silva has made it very clear in his career that he would never fight a teammate.