Android App update now available!

Ahh that’s why it didn’t reply and quote. That could do with fixing as well as the back button and choppyness while scrolling.

Scrolling as mentioned is choppy and frustrating. The swiping back to the thread list looks like it works ok in my short test now. I’m still used to pressing my phones back button to return to the previous page/section though. If that could be implemented that would be awesome since most apps allow for the back button to be used to go back rather than exiting the app (thats what the “home” button is for).

This is the only app that chugs on my phone right now outside of bitdefender scanning after a reboot while I reopen apps.

The phone is near mint or very good condition. I could find a safe benchmark app and we can compare.

Holy fuck the scrolling on this is horrible and the back button closing the whole app is annoying as hell.

1 Like

Kinda sucks. Since the old forum closed I’ve only opened and used the new platform twice because I hate it. And I use to spend hours a day on the old app

Guess I’ll wait until this shit is sorted out before I update the app

Having same problem

Also, download button on pictures doesn’t work.

Not loving the adds poping up while I’m trying to read something causing me to scroll up and down to find my place again.

God, about time, I’ve been checking every day.

What is the purpose of needing an app?

Is this just a Chrome wrapper for the non-tech savvy UGers who think they need an app, or?

These forums work perfectly in Brave on Android.

1 Like

When you zoom a picture and move right it backs you out of the thread

Cool! Some quick feedback. Discourse does this too but when you minimize and then reopen the app it doesn’t go back to where you were. Scrolling is broken (doesn’t glide if you know what I mean ). Thanks!

1 Like

Scrolling is impossible. It essentially scrolls 1 post at a time.

I’m sure it will be remedied.

I love that the headlines are the first thing that loads. I’m in Australia, and always open the app to catch the overnight news.

This is a good point.

It’s 1 extra button push, but it feels like something that should happen by default.

Gotta give credit, fixed the scrolling and the back button issue. Now just fix the non stop ads and it will be solid

Instead of doing) swiping right, hit the little X in the right hand corner of the picture to close the enlarged picture and return to the thread.

No allowing me to download the app from Playstore.

Why not? Do you get a message?

Scrolling is tough.

1 Like