Ann Osman named Time Next Generation Leader

This is a great story. Osman is helping to unravel ridiculous constraints of Islamic/Sharia law.

In other words, who loses because of her brave actions? Proponents of hardline Sharia. Who wins? Everyone else. Not sure why that's so damn hard to figure out.

Carson's Corner radio show - 
Ironclad - 
ausgepicht -  More Islam rammed down our throats. Organizations are so concerned with PCness and not offending Moslems - who are offended by everything - that you do stuff like this.

Indoctrination in the entire school system, Moslem president under taqiyya and Islamic political system embedding itself in America.

Keep sipping those lattes, burying your faces in your smart phones and white knighting Islam - while it gains in power and turns America into a third world nation under Shariah Law. Phone Post
<br />
<span class="User-261555" id="userPost51490092">Voted up. The trendy thing in media nowadays is to publish positive stories about islam while sweeping the atrocities committed in the name of islam under the rug.<br />
<br />
I'm wondering if all these white knights will still be so zealous 10 or 20 years from now. I personally believe that the terrorism and beheadings of today is the just the tip of the iceberg and that we'll be looking back at this time period as the good ol' days.<br />
<br />
I hear all this talk about islam being the religion of peace but I can't bring myself to believe it. Every religion has it's extremists that take things too far but the thing about islam is that at it's very foundation, believers are encouraged to kill or subdue unbelievers if they can't be converted. &quot;Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them&quot; (quar'an 9:5) and &quot;Therfore, when you meet the unbelievers in fight, smite at their necks: at length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly on them&quot; (quar'an 47:4).<br />
<br />
Where are the peaceful muslims when these extremists out there committing these crimes against humanity in purported direct conflict with islamic teachings? Unchecked islam is not what I would call desirable unless you like the idea of living under sharia law. If you're interested in what it would be like, just look at any of the numerous countries out there that have an islamic majority.<br />
<br />
I like positive stories as much as the next guy but this not a postive story for me. If she does well in the sport because of hard work and dedication then good on her but her islam faith does nothing for me. I've been posting here since 08, love this site, I think you're a good guy Kirik, but if I'm over the top here with what I'm saying here go ahead and ban me.</span></blockquote>

These threads are always funny/depressing as hell. You can easily tell which people have had normal contact/social interactions with Muslims in their day-to-day life and which haven't, lol.

Tell you what, Ironclad: I've already visited this site for more than ten years (old!!), and you're more than half way there. I say it's pretty feasible that both of us might still be posting here bitching about the latest perceived misstep by the UFC in another decade, so why not revisit this topic after the interval specified in your post?

I say that if your doomsday scenario where terrorism, beheadings and the implementation of Sharia law in the west doesn't happen that you should commit to writing 1000 words about why your previous paranoia about this topic was incorrect, and what life lessons you learned along the way about not generalizing negatively regarding large groups of people. If your scenario HAS occurred (as judged by an impartial UG panel of Kirik, Robert Fergusion "The Prince of Leglocks" and CRE) then I will write the same amount analyzing why I was wrong to assume that my many everyday interactions with Muslims would not give way to a dark future filled with religious conflict.

You down, playboy? Or do you want to just save us all the trouble by trying to socialize casually with some people from different backgrounds in the meantime? Make your choice!

d

You're right, 10 years down the road we'll probably both be posting here throwing our 2 cents in on the latest UFC fiasco. Let's be realistic though, I'm not saying the US will be under sharia law in 10 years or even 20. There are too many good people here in the US to let that happen.

I do, however, think overall violence/terrorism will be worse around the world in 10 years and that it will be clear that islam had a significant role in that. In addition, I'd like a trial by a jury of my peers, i.e. the masses here via a poll rather than 3 person panel. I'm more than willing to accept your proposal under that basis if you're willing to agree to those terms.

I don't think of myself as bigot. Things that are outside of a person's control, such as their race, and nationality, I try to keep an open mind about it. But when it comes to religion, i.e. something that someone has a choice in, that's where I will weigh in. This isn't some ignorant bias based on the color of someone's skin, this is based on a long history of actions taken on behalf islam and the very foundation of islam itself.

3 pages and we're still not talking about how stunning she is?