Another fake black belt awarded??

The newest questionable BJJ Black Belt: Randy "Afraid to Stand & Fight Like a Man" Cooter??

Not addressing anything else but yeah probably not the best fight to award it after Phone Post

I'd consider it ridiculous considering Neil Melanson isn't even a Blackbelt. What a Fuckin' joke.

He had Nogueira on his back, in side control, on top, all when he was dropped by punches and barely conscious, and was not submitted.

He obviously isn't clueless.

lmao at random internet posers questioning anything

Archangel - lmao at random internet posers questioning anything

exactly ...some guys are just dumbasses

Randy has been doing BJJ for a LONG time... more than 10 years I would say.

His MMA accomplishments speak for themselves and he more than held his own against Jacare in that sub match several years ago.

I have no problem with Randy being a black belt and neither should anyone else.

^^^^ end of thread^^^^

if he had done pure bjj he NO DOUBT wouldve gotten bb in like 5-6 years EASY considering his background.

he deserves it

I read somewhere Evans picked Toney, I think it was a slap in the face to Evans for picking Toney and how Rolles gave him his belt at a UFC match. Both are great wrestlers and both probably have BB skills especially Randy I believe more so.

Strangely enough, I thought in the last fight Randy had he said he was training in Catch Wrestling.  Seriously.

randy grappled jacare to a draw and has shown tremendous skill on the ground. sure tapping toney was no real challenge once he was on the ground, but randy deserves his BB...

He's an expert in grappling but you need a gi to be awarded a black belt.

The dude just got excited and gave it to him. But at this point Randy deserves it. By the way his last win was a sub also(RNC to Coleman)....

actually I thought his trainer WAS a black belt in bjj and also did catch wrestling too. Can't remember who gave it to him though, maybe Paulson.

kingsama - randy grappled jacare to a draw and has shown tremendous skill on the ground. sure tapping toney was no real challenge once he was on the ground, but randy deserves his BB...

Randy was super humble after that match he felt what jacare has to offer on the ground. He said it himself that he was defending almost the entire match. I do completely agree with you though that Randy is that level. I bet he submits tons of great fighters in the gym.

DaveM - Randy has been doing BJJ for a LONG time... more than 10 years I would say.

His MMA accomplishments speak for themselves and he more than held his own against Jacare in that sub match several years ago.

So Randy trains in a gi? because that's the only way anyone should deserve a bb in bjj.  Being a great grappler does not equate to being a bjj black belt.

DaveM - Randy has been doing BJJ for a LONG time... more than 10 years I would say.

+1
and at what point was it announced that it was a bjj black belt?
and if it is who says its fake... he's been wrestling all his life and been no gi BJJ for 14 years

well considering it had a red bar with white edges and absolutely no other martial arts has that other than bjj, it's a pretty damn good sign (as well as he was "awarded" it after finishing someone via submission.

wrestling isn't bjj

no gi submission grappling isn't bjj

no gi, no belt. 

"So Randy trains in a gi? because that's the only way anyone should deserve a bb in bjj. Being a great grappler does not equate to being a bjj black belt."

I love Randy and have no doubt that he would smash me and many other Bjj black belts six ways from Sunday, but this is correct. Phone Post