Anthony Johnson just called out Gustaffson

On Facebook. I'd love to see this fight Phone Post 3.0

Ohsnap.gif Phone Post 3.0

Needs to happen, no more log jams Phone Post 3.0

Nah. Gus has earned his title shot. Put Rumble up against Glover. That one could be fun. Or just say fuck it and have a Fight Pass card with Rumble v Arlovski headlining. Phone Post 3.0

lose lose match for Gus.

Has gus not noticed what has happened to the majority of fighters that wait on the side for "their" title shot? Phone Post 3.0

if gus takes a fight between fighting for the title it would be either rumble or rashad. if rumble wants a fight then i'am sure ryan bader would take him on. and i'am not saying bader beats him but that's a possible fight and would benefit bader big time if he gets an upset.

xsrg95 - if gus takes a fight between fighting for the title it would be either rumble or rashad. if rumble wants a fight then i'am sure ryan bader would take him on. and i'am not saying bader beats him but that's a possible fight and would benefit bader big time if he gets an upset.

Except AJ beats Bader by utter destruction.  I cannot see that upset happening.  Bad match for Bader.

Excuse my excessive use of the word card Phone Post 3.0

I really don't want to see either guy knock the other off. Having said that, this fight would be incredible. Phone Post 3.0

BrattMamley - I really don't want to see either guy knock the other off. Having said that, this fight would be incredible. Phone Post 3.0
I feel you bro VU Phone Post 3.0

DanteHec -
BrattMamley - I really don't want to see either guy knock the other off. Having said that, this fight would be incredible. Phone Post 3.0
I feel you bro VU Phone Post 3.0
Same thoughts too. Had those thoughts with poster boy also. Dude is a monster and got fed to a more experienced monster. Phone Post 3.0

please post a pic Phone Post 3.0

I wanna see rumble vs manuwa

in the uk, so I can go

Gus was already next in a line. A fight with Rumble will lose him that title shot more than likely. Have someone else fight Johnson. Phone Post 3.0

Gulping the LayNBaderade -
RobbieRuthlesslyBatteredMyBrownEye - Nah. Gus has earned his title shot. Put Rumble up against Glover. That one could be fun. Or just say fuck it and have a Fight Pass card with Rumble v Arlovski headlining. Phone Post 3.0

yeah, let's just shelf Gustafsson until May or June of next year..........fuck that.
Gus is shelving himself. Phone Post 3.0

JerodR - Gus was already next in a line. A fight with Rumble will lose him that title shot more than likely. Have someone else fight Johnson. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. If he earned his title shot, then he has earned the right to wait for it.

It's totally Gus' decision and if financially he can afford to wait, why should he be forced to risk it? Think about the gamble he faces in fighting Rumble. Worst case scenario, he loses his title shot; best case he ends up exactly where he is now, healthy and next in line for a title fight. It makes zero sense for him to take the Johnson fight. Phone Post 3.0

Before the years end they should do DC v AJ, Rashad v Bader, Shogun v OSP, Lil nog v Manuwa and do Jon v Gus in Jan. AJ v DC winner gets title shot.
Rua v Osp winner gets Nog v Manuwa. winner.
Hendo vs Maldonaldo (3W in a row at LH) also a classic 'superhands' vs 'superchin' fight. If we end up with rematches that we're not scratching at the door for? So be it, It might tidy things up.
Ps AJ and Rashad Biniss is biniss right? Phone Post 3.0

If Rumble beat another top 10 guy in Bader, there would be no objective rationale whatsoever for Gus being more deserving of a title shot.

Gus may be the better fighter - I think he is and that he's the favorite against Rumble (though it's a tough fight for both guys).

But Gus' only claim to another title shot is having a close loss to Jones. That's it. He earned a title shot with wins before that, but that title shot already happened. Since then all he's done is beat Manuwa.

Phil Davis is by far the best win between Rumble and Gus. Gus had a close fight with Jones but that's getting more and more in the past, he's on a 1 fight winning streak. Rumble arguably already has the better claim at a title shot.

If Rumble beats another top 10 guy, there's just no way anyone objective can say Gus deserves a shot ahead of him.

You don't magically get to stay #1 contender forever. The division evolves. If Rumble is winning while Gus is doing nothing, why would Gus deserve the shot ahead of him?

If Gus deserves the title shot he should earn it by beating Rumble. Which I think he would. I don't think Gus is scared of Rumble exactly - but this is seriously some of the most blatant ducking I've ever seen a high level fighter do.

Gus should just accept the damn fight already. Yes Rumble is a very, very high risk fight. But Gus thinks he can remain next in line forever - however this is not happening in a vacuum. The division can move on without him, and if Rumble gets another big win he would have earned the right to skip over Gus in terms of title contention.

*glover v davis winner gets hendo v fabio winner Phone Post 3.0