Anthony Johnson just called out Gustaffson

5541james -
KnockoutThoughts -
5541james -
The Big Lebansky - If Gus can afford to (I'm sure his sponsorship money alone can keep him fed and his bills paid until) wait til next year so he doesn't risk his shot, he'd be a damn fool to fight AJ now. Phone Post 3.0
I agree they should fight but with two guys at this level it would be such a waste to have them fight now. I don't think Gus is afraid of AJ at all, he would pick him apart. Then what for AJ ? There went his momentum and he would have to start a new run. Frankly he's beat two guys that are fringe top 10s, how about one more legit win, like how about Johnson go fight Jimi Manawa or any number of younger prospects not a 38 year old lil nog who's way Past his prime. The Gus vs rashad fight makes the most sense for both guys. Phone Post 3.0
Don't try to spin this shit as if you're protecting AJ. The guy is not afraid of destiny. He's ASKING for Gustaffson. Win or Lose, he wants the fight. He wants to TEST himself against the BEST in the world. The same Lil Nog you are discrediting recently beat the guy you want to line up for Gus. Rumble also beat the guy who beat Gus. AJ wants the Mauler, and he wants him now. That's why fans love him because he isn't taking the easy way or the padded way to the top. The guy went to WSOF and came back an assassin. His record says he's on a roll, including beating Arlovski. Might as well call him Jason Bourne. He wants all the big wigs at the top, and no one will stop him until he has the strap. I see DC beating Jones, and AJ beating Gus.

If Gus wouldn't have passed up his 2ND opportunity at the strap by injury, he wouldn't have to face AJ. Right now is a good time when both guys are on top. Time waits for no one, and Gus needs to work to stay relevant. No one is going to hold his place in line for him. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not discrediting lil nog but he's 38 and wasn't that rashad fight a few years back now and wasn't it a decision win? I think you make good points, and maybe your right they should fight (Gus vs AJ) but if they don't and jones stays on roll then he has 3 solid PPV's lined up and AJ could keep clearing out the pretenders. Plus this would give rashad one more chance to make a run at a rematch vs jones. I'd be shocked if DC beat jones just because of age and size difference. I know DC has beat many heavyweights but there's not one he's beat that jones wouldn't destroy. Whatever way this all goes we as fans will get some great fights!! Phone Post 3.0
Lil Nog vs Rashad 2/2/13. To be fair Rashad had a shit performance, so he could very well turn up and fight to his potential against an opponent like Gus. The only thing is he has been very underwhelming his last few outings, so I don't know if Rashad is anything more than a glorious name to add to Gus' resume at this point. Rashad doesn't fight as well as he used to, imo. I agree with you on that ideally I would love to see all 3 guys face Jones back to back, but realistically chances are one of these guys will lose in one of these lesser matchups to one of the guys that they are not supposed to lose to, and be eliminated from the title talk anyway. Why miss out on a blockbuster while it's available? I understand what you are saying though, and if it all ended up perfectly that is what would be best for us fans. Unfortunately, I just don't think we will be that lucky for everything to line up where all 3 guys face Jones. We'll see what the baldfather comes up with. Phone Post 3.0

This fight should absolutely happen. It is a natural #1 contender fight and the Jones/Cormier winner will not be able to fight again until at least Spring 2015. The idea of sitting on a promised title shot is dumb. Is it really better to sit idle, coming into your title shot off a 15 month layoff and making no money in the meantime? I mean, come on. DW needs to make this shit happen.

BrattMamley - I really don't want to see either guy knock the other off. Having said that, this fight would be incredible. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed.. Phone Post 3.0

I like it. I think Rumble should be one fight from a title shot, and I think Gus is probably the only fight that gets him there. Sucks for Gus to have to risk his second shot, but that's how it goes sometimes.

I honestly think Gus beats AJ but I don't think Gus should wait. If I was managing Gus I'd have him headlining these overseas cards beating the bottom tier of the top 10.

AJ first, then beat up glover then Rashad. Gus needs to fight often, get paid and get better. When the time comes, a rematch would be epic. Then again, if DC wins, I'd keep Gus in Europe, winning and getting paid but waiting as long as possible for DC. Phone Post 3.0

Gus has gotten so screwed in all of this, its a shame. Having him fight AJ now would be completely idiotic. If anything it should be DC fighting AJ with Gus fighting Jones.

Then you have the winner of DC/AJ vs JJ/AG for the belt.

This gives Gus the rematch at the belt he deserved and was promised. It gives DC a credible opponent to justify a possible title shot in the first place and gives AJ a reward for dismantling people.

No please don't take the fight Gus! If he loses we don't get to see jones balloon faced again! Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
RalphHarris -

LMFAO at all those GUS fans ducking Rumble..

Agreed 100%. They are scared Rumble is going to knock him out.

And lol at believing Gus earned his title shot. The UFC figured they could sell him as the #1 contender since he gave JBJ a good fight, but in any other division he would've been pushed to the back of the line. Gus and his fans are delusional. Gus is coming off as some entitled little punk. Phone Post 3.0
LOL.

Calling somebody entitled whilst telling a pro fighter what to do? Interesting.....

He not only gave JJ a fight, he gave him the war of a fucking lifetime.

That fight should wash away any thoughts you had about Gus not deserving the shot...he obviously did.

The fact remains that he deserves the rematch, and should get one. And who cares about other divisions?

I am a Gus fan and am far from being delusional. Phone Post 3.0
"Fight of a lifetime?" LOL...Yes you are delusional. Gus did a good job not get dominated by Jones, that's about it. He tried to pull a Condit (vs Diaz) on Jones and still almost got finished. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not sure that you know what you are watching.

Did you see Jones face after the fight? You think the decision was controversial for no reason?

Did you see the way JJ got boxed the fuck up for most of that fight?

I'm not sure what you mean by "pulling a condit", but either way, you are way off base here. Phone Post 3.0
It's a fight so of course Gus landed some shots. However that decision was in no way controversial. I believe 14 out 15 major MMA sites had Jon winning by UD, Dana, Lorenzo, all three of the judges too. The only people who thought the decision was controversial were the delusional Gus fans.

Gus didn't get dominated and anyone who wanted to see Jones lose started riding Gus' nuts like he actually won the fight. Phone Post 3.0

Just hurt my knee reading this Phone Post 3.0

Unless the hype gets to big for dana to resist they wont make this fight & knock off s contender. But AJ will stay active & fans will end up more interested in him fighting jones than they will Gus.

Atlee - Unless the hype gets to big for dana to resist they wont make this fight & knock off s contender. But AJ will stay active & fans will end up more interested in him fighting jones than they will Gus.
I wouldn't mind that Phone Post 3.0

Damaynevent -
MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
RalphHarris -

And lol at believing Gus earned his title shot. The UFC figured they could sell him as the #1 contender since he gave JBJ a good fight, but in any other division he would've been pushed to the back of the line. Gus and his fans are delusional. Gus is coming off as some entitled little punk. Phone Post 3.0
LOL.

Calling somebody entitled whilst telling a pro fighter what to do? Interesting.....

That fight should wash away any thoughts you had about Gus not deserving the shot...he obviously did.

The fact remains that he deserves the rematch, and should get one. And who cares about other divisions?

"Fight of a lifetime?" LOL...Yes you are delusional. Gus did a good job not get dominated by Jones, that's about it. He tried to pull a Condit (vs Diaz) on Jones and still almost got finished. Phone Post 3.0

Did you see Jones face after the fight? You think the decision was controversial for no reason?

I'm not sure what you mean by "pulling a condit", but either way, you are way off base here. Phone Post 3.0
It's a fight so of course Gus landed some shots. However that decision was in no way controversial. I believe 14 out 15 major MMA sites had Jon winning by UD, Dana, Lorenzo, all three of the judges too. The only people who thought the decision was controversial were the delusional Gus fans.

Gus didn't get dominated and anyone who wanted to see Jones lose started riding Gus' nuts like he actually won the fight. Phone Post 3.0
That's the problem, you should form your own opinion instead of basing it off of media outlets.

Why don't you ask a Jones fan then? Since you seem to think that only Gus fans think it was a close fight.

Bullshit. Almost EVERY thread on the UG that night was people up in arms over the decision. Jones went to the fucking hospital. LOL @ "it's a fight, so of course he landed shots".

The above statement is obsolete. Yeah he fucking landed a shit ton of shots, and he landed them all night, at will. Does "landing some shots" normally put you in the hospital?

Are you so delusional that the only strikes you see thrown in the fight are Jones'? If not, you are fucking blind. Please remove yourself from Jones nuts before you post again. Phone Post 3.0

RobbieRuthlesslyBatteredMyBrownEye -
MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
RalphHarris -

LOL.

Delusional or trolling I would guess. Compare Nick's face after the Condit fight to that of Jon's after 25 minutes with Gus. Either Jon's a "bleeder" or Gus put a beating on him. Phone Post 3.0
This. My thoughts as well. Phone Post 3.0

Aaron Becker - 
Atlee - Unless the hype gets to big for dana to resist they wont make this fight & knock off s contender. But AJ will stay active & fans will end up more interested in him fighting jones than they will Gus.
I wouldn't mind that Phone Post 3.0

If gus isnt going to fight for his shot neither would i. His record is a bit padded anyways. Beating manuwa doesnt mean he can wait a year then fight jones. Whereas AJ is on a killing spree & even eyeballing a matchup with Reem.

Can we quit with the "poor Gus" stuff?

He's an adult, he will be ok.

chaplinshouse - 

poor gus.  first he beats jones then gets it taken from him.  then he team plays and takes a fight before his rematch.  then gets injured and he sees cormier leap frog him vs bones.  then bones gets injured and he says "well shit if it's going to be in january I'll be healed by then and it was my fight to begin with, let me back in" only to get shut down.   now there's heavy pressure to fight a dangerous guy much lower on the ladder in a lose/lose situation.  

i wanna say fuck that, wait it out, but that's going to be a whole lotta ring rust between now and spring 2015

1. He didn't beat Jones
2. Welcome to MMA ...

MasterofMartialArts - 
Damaynevent -
MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
RalphHarris -

LOL.

That's the problem, you should form your own opinion instead of basing it off of media outlets.

Why don't you ask a Jones fan then? Since you seem to think that only Gus fans think it was a close fight.

Bullshit. Almost EVERY thread on the UG that night was people up in arms over the decision. Jones went to the fucking hospital. LOL @ "it's a fight, so of course he landed shots".

The above statement is obsolete. Yeah he fucking landed a shit ton of shots, and he landed them all night, at will. Does "landing some shots" normally put you in the hospital?

Are you so delusional that the only strikes you see thrown in the fight are Jones'? If not, you are fucking blind. Please remove yourself from Jones nuts before you post again. Phone Post 3.0

And this posts shows just how blinded you are by reality. You point out twice, in one post, that Jones went to the hospital and that should somehow prove how he lost the fight.

Do you know how you know Jones was in the hospital? Because Gus took a picture right next to him, IN THE FUCKIN HOSPITAL!!! They were both there you dolt!

Why do you neglect to mention that Gus was in the hospital?

Jones also went to the hospital after the Sonnen fight. Guess he lost that too? Rich Franklin went to the hospital after KOing Chuck. He must have lost? Diaz and Riggs fought in the hospital? Did they both lose to each other earlier in the Octagon?

duck duck gus

Gus is scared. His fans are scared. Shit is a sport. If one man has Gus hesitating to perform in his sport, the feared man should be fighting for the belt. Last thing you want behind the belt is a scared champion. You can't pick who you fight! UFC puts them up, and you man up and knock them down.Gus fans are ridiculous..lol..trying to hand the asswhooping off to DC. All these asswhooping detour attempts in the hopes Gus doesn't get knocked out of contention, literally. Gus is a grown man. Let him fight you fairies. If he deserves to fight for the belt AGAIN, he'll pass this test no problem. Phone Post 3.0