Anthony Johnson just called out Gustaffson

Mrbrownfolks - Gus won one fight after the Jones loss. If he stays on the sideline Rumble can pass him up with another win. Like it or not, that's how things work in the UFC.

To be honest I think he has already passed him. Beating Davis and Lil Nog is more impressive than beating Manuwa. On top of that, AJ is willing to fight Gus now too.

Gus doesn't really seem to have a choice anymore. After getting injured, he has to take another fight. He said he'll wait and Dana said he has other ideas. Of course he doesn't have to sign the bout agreement to fight AJ, but if he refuses, you can bet Dana will not be giving him the next shot either. AJ has much more impressive wins and hype behind him as of late.

Gusto by footwork, angles, superior boxing/reach and sprawl, I can see AJ cracking him a few times, But gus by dec or tko

Damaynevent -
RalphHarris -

LMFAO at all those GUS fans ducking Rumble..

Agreed 100%. They are scared Rumble is going to knock him out.

And lol at believing Gus earned his title shot. The UFC figured they could sell him as the #1 contender since he gave JBJ a good fight, but in any other division he would've been pushed to the back of the line. Gus and his fans are delusional. Gus is coming off as some entitled little punk. Phone Post 3.0
LOL.

Calling somebody entitled whilst telling a pro fighter what to do? Interesting.....

He not only gave JJ a fight, he gave him the war of a fucking lifetime.

That fight should wash away any thoughts you had about Gus not deserving the shot...he obviously did.

The fact remains that he deserves the rematch, and should get one. And who cares about other divisions?

I am a Gus fan and am far from being delusional. Phone Post 3.0

It's the fight game, so fight. Deserve this deserve that, its bullshit, Gus "waiting" for a title shot is stupid IMO.
If your gonna be the champ, smash aj then tell Jones or dc to come get some. Phone Post 3.0

Gulping the LayNBaderade -
RobbieRuthlesslyBatteredMyBrownEye - Nah. Gus has earned his title shot. Put Rumble up against Glover. That one could be fun. Or just say fuck it and have a Fight Pass card with Rumble v Arlovski headlining. Phone Post 3.0

yeah, let's just shelf Gustafsson until May or June of next year..........fuck that.
I agree fuck that.... He's the 1# contender so it makes no sense for him to wait to fight for the title until at best next spring. The Johnson vs Gus fight would just eliminate another challenger to jones if Gus lost a 2nd time. I'd rather see these fights.
BADER VS JOHNSON
GUS VS RASHAD Phone Post 3.0

DoomFarmer -
mada - Am I the only one who thinks this could be a really bad matchup for aj? I feel like there is a strong likelihood that Gus sticks and moves for 3 rounds and rumble gases in round 4 or 5. Phone Post 3.0

That is exactly what will happen if the fight is made.

Rumble has the whole "Explosive" look that the UG loves so much and he looked impressive battering an ancient mummy who had been inactive for over a year last time out but Gus is a bad matchup for him.

I hope they make this fight so people can step back and realistcally evaluate Johnson. I'm a fan of the guy but the UG is getting carried away.

A lot of people rooting for this fight hope to see Rumble get Gus out of there for Jones.
This.

Ever since this fight has been talked about, a lot of people are counting Gus out.

Rumble has looked impressive since his return but Alex has the perfect style to beat him.

It's funny, it's like Gus gets less respect AFTER the Jones fight. How does that make any sense? Phone Post 3.0

Lmao Gus needs to fight. All this "I'll wait for my shot" stuff is crazy. What if Jones v Cormier is a Barn Burner and a rematch is ordered Gus will be forgotten waiting around. Phone Post 3.0

RalphHarris -

. Phone Post 3.0

ARP -
RalphHarris -

. Phone Post 3.0
This.
Rumble has these fighters shook. It's like that bungee jump ride, nobody wants to go next. It's sad when MMA fans encourage a top tier fighter to avoid another top tier fighter because of the chances it might end badly for them and spoil a rematch that is no longer as relevant as it once was. If DC defeats Jones, the Gus vs Jones rematch carries less weight anyway. The whole hype was that Gus almost handed Jones his first real loss. Still intriguing fight whenever it does happen, but not a good reason to avoid another dangerous prospect in the division. If anything, beating a surging killer in Rumble would have Gus in a perfect position to hype tf out of the Jones rematch. "Waiting" only pushes Gus' most recent performance further from memory and takes away marketing potential from a rematch with Jones. Like soda, you sit out too long, and you lose the fizzle that makes you pop. Phone Post 3.0

If Gus can afford to (I'm sure his sponsorship money alone can keep him fed and his bills paid until) wait til next year so he doesn't risk his shot, he'd be a damn fool to fight AJ now. Phone Post 3.0

Makes sense.Weird how fans want to see Gus a champ so bad that they want to protect him.If he ever gets to be the champ then he will have to fight contenders anyway.Beating Minowa after already losing his shot doesn't SEAL him into a titleshot anyway IMO.

Oh shit.
Kinda feel bad for Alex. That'll be a tough fight but he's gonna seem like a bitch if he declines especially since the Jones vs Cormier fight is so far away.

Hope it happens though because would probably be a crazy fight and a good test for both fighters. Phone Post 3.0

The Big Lebansky - If Gus can afford to (I'm sure his sponsorship money alone can keep him fed and his bills paid until) wait til next year so he doesn't risk his shot, he'd be a damn fool to fight AJ now. Phone Post 3.0
I agree they should fight but with two guys at this level it would be such a waste to have them fight now. I don't think Gus is afraid of AJ at all, he would pick him apart. Then what for AJ ? There went his momentum and he would have to start a new run. Frankly he's beat two guys that are fringe top 10s, how about one more legit win, like how about Johnson go fight Jimi Manawa or any number of younger prospects not a 38 year old lil nog who's way Past his prime. The Gus vs rashad fight makes the most sense for both guys. Phone Post 3.0

ShoreBreaker420 - Needs to happen, no more log jams Phone Post 3.0
Logjammin is a great Jackie Treehorn film Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
RalphHarris -

And lol at believing Gus earned his title shot. The UFC figured they could sell him as the #1 contender since he gave JBJ a good fight, but in any other division he would've been pushed to the back of the line. Gus and his fans are delusional. Gus is coming off as some entitled little punk. Phone Post 3.0
LOL.

Calling somebody entitled whilst telling a pro fighter what to do? Interesting.....

That fight should wash away any thoughts you had about Gus not deserving the shot...he obviously did.

The fact remains that he deserves the rematch, and should get one. And who cares about other divisions?

"Fight of a lifetime?" LOL...Yes you are delusional. Gus did a good job not get dominated by Jones, that's about it. He tried to pull a Condit (vs Diaz) on Jones and still almost got finished. Phone Post 3.0

5541james -
The Big Lebansky - If Gus can afford to (I'm sure his sponsorship money alone can keep him fed and his bills paid until) wait til next year so he doesn't risk his shot, he'd be a damn fool to fight AJ now. Phone Post 3.0
I agree they should fight but with two guys at this level it would be such a waste to have them fight now. I don't think Gus is afraid of AJ at all, he would pick him apart. Then what for AJ ? There went his momentum and he would have to start a new run. Frankly he's beat two guys that are fringe top 10s, how about one more legit win, like how about Johnson go fight Jimi Manawa or any number of younger prospects not a 38 year old lil nog who's way Past his prime. The Gus vs rashad fight makes the most sense for both guys. Phone Post 3.0
Don't try to spin this shit as if you're protecting AJ. The guy is not afraid of destiny. He's ASKING for Gustaffson. Win or Lose, he wants the fight. He wants to TEST himself against the BEST in the world. The same Lil Nog you are discrediting recently beat the guy you want to line up for Gus. Rumble also beat the guy who beat Gus. AJ wants the Mauler, and he wants him now. That's why fans love him because he isn't taking the easy way or the padded way to the top. The guy went to WSOF and came back an assassin. His record says he's on a roll, including beating Arlovski. Might as well call him Jason Bourne. He wants all the big wigs at the top, and no one will stop him until he has the strap. I see DC beating Jones, and AJ beating Gus.

If Gus wouldn't have passed up his 2ND opportunity at the strap by injury, he wouldn't have to face AJ. Right now is a good time when both guys are on top. Time waits for no one, and Gus needs to work to stay relevant. No one is going to hold his place in line for him. Phone Post 3.0

I don't want to see either of these potentially good challengers to Jones' belt eliminated. Phone Post 3.0

KnockoutThoughts -
5541james -
Don't try to spin this shit as if you're protecting AJ. The guy is not afraid of destiny. He's ASKING for Gustaffson. Win or Lose, he wants the fight. He wants to TEST himself against the BEST in the world. The same Lil Nog you are discrediting recently beat the guy you want to line up for Gus. Rumble also beat the guy who beat Gus. AJ wants the Mauler, and he wants him now. That's why fans love him because he isn't taking the easy way or the padded way to the top. The guy went to WSOF and came back an assassin. His record says he's on a roll, including beating Arlovski. Might as well call him Jason Bourne. He wants all the big wigs at the top, and no one will stop him until he has the strap. I see DC beating Jones, and AJ beating Gus.

If Gus wouldn't have passed up his 2ND opportunity at the strap by injury, he wouldn't have to face AJ. Right now is a good time when both guys are on top. Time waits for no one, and Gus needs to work to stay relevant. No one is going to hold his place in line for him. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not discrediting lil nog but he's 38 and wasn't that rashad fight a few years back now and wasn't it a decision win? I think you make good points, and maybe your right they should fight (Gus vs AJ) but if they don't and jones stays on roll then he has 3 solid PPV's lined up and AJ could keep clearing out the pretenders. Plus this would give rashad one more chance to make a run at a rematch vs jones. I'd be shocked if DC beat jones just because of age and size difference. I know DC has beat many heavyweights but there's not one he's beat that jones wouldn't destroy. Whatever way this all goes we as fans will get some great fights!! Phone Post 3.0

Damaynevent -
MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
RalphHarris -

LOL.

"Fight of a lifetime?" LOL...Yes you are delusional. Gus did a good job not get dominated by Jones, that's about it. He tried to pull a Condit (vs Diaz) on Jones and still almost got finished. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not sure that you know what you are watching.

Did you see Jones face after the fight? You think the decision was controversial for no reason?

Did you see the way JJ got boxed the fuck up for most of that fight?

I'm not sure what you mean by "pulling a condit", but either way, you are way off base here. Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
MasterofMartialArts -
Damaynevent -
RalphHarris -

LOL.

I'm not sure that you know what you are watching.

Did you see Jones face after the fight? You think the decision was controversial for no reason?

Did you see the way JJ got boxed the fuck up for most of that fight?

I'm not sure what you mean by "pulling a condit", but either way, you are way off base here. Phone Post 3.0
Delusional or trolling I would guess. Compare Nick's face after the Condit fight to that of Jon's after 25 minutes with Gus. Either Jon's a "bleeder" or Gus put a beating on him. Phone Post 3.0