Any Chicagoans train at Degerberg?

Hey, whats up guys?

A friend of mine is about to start classes at the Degerberg Academy at the Lincoln Square location, in Chicago. Ive trained in a few places in the city but even though Degerberg is about 2 minutes from my house, for some odd reason Ive never attended any classes there, or nothing.

I read up on it on the internet and forwarded the info to him but I really didnt have any concrete info to give him. I read some nice things on-line but I figured I could ask a few of you guys if you had any info and I could just pass it along to him..

Thanks in advance.

i have a couple friends who went to train there and
quit after the first month. i never went there myself,
so take that for what its worth.

Hmm..Thanks timmy. I wonder if they jack the price up after the first month..

My buddy DID mention something about the first month being pretty cheap. I wonder. Thanks for the info, man.

Ive never even heard of it

I think my friend that wentthere said they want 160 a month to train or so, which is too much for that place if you ask me.

"I've seen the dude walking around town. He looks strange."

Lol! Ive seen a few pics, never met him though. His credentials seem legit. I remember the school since I was a kid.

Date: 09/14/06 03:40 PM
10132 Total Posts Ignore User

I thinkmyfriendthatwent theresaid they want 160 a month to trainorso, which is too much for that place if you ask me.

$160?? That is a little steep. Thanx for the info though. I could pass that along..

Yves, were you at the bar on sunday for Pride??

Ha! Okay,so we've established that the price may be a tad bit high and Master Degerberg looks kinda strange!

"Yves, were you at the bar on sunday for Pride??"

Yes sir. I was wearing a jamaica zip up track jacket. Short guy with dark hair, came in with two friends.

Right down the street from Degerberg is Square Kitchen and Brioso.  Two awesome places for brunch.

TTT for pancakes!!!

Date: 09/14/06 04:18 PM
10136 Total Posts Ignore User

"Yves, were you at the bar on sunday for Pride??"
Yes sir. I was wearing a jamaica zip up track jacket. Short guy with dark hair, came in with two friends.

I remember. Especially the jacket! Well, what did you guys think? Not a bad crowd for a sunday.

I was the guy with the shaved head, wearing a blue Greece warm-up jacket, wandering around everywhere..

haha I actualy figured that was you but woulda been weird to go up to you and be like "hey are you bodybag76?" I asked you if the place served food, remember? haha

Yeah it was awesome, my 2nd time going to the Pride shows there, the place is real cool, I love it.

Dergerberg sounds like something the south park guys would say on a trailer to a new rob schnieder movie.

Date: 09/14/06 04:34 PM
10137 Total Posts Ignore User

haha I actualy figured that was you but woulda been weird to go up to you and be like "hey are you bodybag76?" I asked you if the place served food, remember? haha
Yeah it was awesome, my 2nd time going to the Pride shows there, the place is real cool, I love it.

Yes! Okay, now I got your face that goes with the jacket! Haha!

Cool, man; glad you liked it! So you saw Shonie there too? He's a regular now. He should be there tonight too. We usually show the UFC Unleashed and the TUF shows...

Well hey bro, say whats up next time. I'll get you and your guys a round of drinks. Wait.. you looked kinda young if I recall... Fuck it, a round of cokes and burgers then! I'll see you at the next event then, whichever it may be. We show everything.

$160.00 a month!! Holy Shite Man!! After looking at the web-site and speaking with other traditional martial artists, he is respected.
As for practicatity, you be the judge and send me a e-mail. I will be eating flap-jacks with foamy!

Date: 09/14/06 04:52 PM
386 Total Posts Ignore User

$160.00 a month!! Holy Shite Man!! After looking at the web-site and speaking with other traditional martial artists, he is respected. As for practicatity, you be the judge and send me a e-mail. I will be eating flap-jacks with foamy!

Thanks for the feedback Derek. Ill pass it along to my guy..

I wont be training there but I'll let you know what my buddy thinks...

Actually, Im down for the flap-jacks though!!! You guys live in the area? Ive lived around there my whole life..

"Yes! Okay, now I got your face that goes with the jacket! Haha!

Cool, man; glad you liked it! So you saw Shonie there too? He's a regular now. He should be there tonight too. We usually show the UFC Unleashed and the TUF shows...

Well hey bro, say whats up next time. I'll get you and your guys a round of drinks. Wait.. you looked kinda young if I recall... Fuck it, a round of cokes and burgers then! I'll see you at the next event then, whichever it may be. We show everything."

Yeah I saw Shonie shadowboxing the whole time and thought it was funny when he got pissed at Overeem for tapping out. I was surprised at how small he was too. I think he could easily fight at 155.

Sounds good man, can I get in to the UFC showings being 19? Obv I won't try and order a drink but can I get in? If so I could prob bring a bunch of people to your UFC showings.

agreed

Yeah Yves, Shonie does pretty well when he doesnt jump around to higher weight classes. Heck, Im pretty sure he wrestled at 150 lbs when he was @ Triton College..

As far as getting in, it shouldnt be a problem. We'll probably bracelet you and your friends or something like that. You should email me, gearth76@yahoo, if you have any questions but everything should be fine. Cool?

Good point, Eric. Eddie Bravo is in Cali though, no? In any case, great price.

I just finished looking at this place on line some more. Sounds pretty nice. Pretty big from what I understand too. 2 boxing rings, new equipment. Also, Im familiar with the guy who will be doing the boxing classes over there. His name is Oscar Bravo (no relation to Eddie, Im guessing). He's a pretty good fighter and golden gloves champ, I believe. That was my buddy's main objective to begin with. Some boxing and MT classes. Maybe he'll be happy with the place..