any old school ITG or NHB Gear folks still around?

Ahhh… HB Punk, sreiter, wolfhound… Brings back great memories.

Whatever happened to these guys?

I used to lurk nhbgear forums regularly as a white belt. Never posted but it was pretty cool to read all the stories

Horus2001 -
Aaron Lapointe - Other members were Anaconda (Kenny Florian), Pipelayer (Jeff Glover), Scotty OTM (Scott Nelson), Fat Tony (Carlson called him Tony Fat), Gazzy Parman, and Gumby.

Was it here or nhb where the Huntington Beach punk started calling gazzy the dump truck after some alleged interactions with some well known black belts?

Really think that was ITG.

gusto - 
Horus2001 -
Aaron Lapointe - Other members were Anaconda (Kenny Florian), Pipelayer (Jeff Glover), Scotty OTM (Scott Nelson), Fat Tony (Carlson called him Tony Fat), Gazzy Parman, and Gumby.

Was it here or nhb where the Huntington Beach punk started calling gazzy the dump truck after some alleged interactions with some well known black belts?

Really think that was ITG.

Yep, I recall that and don’t think I went to NHB.

JockDoc - Ahhh... HB Punk, sreiter, wolfhound... Brings back great memories.

Whatever happened to these guys?

At least one still here with a different name

1 Like

Some memories

HB Punk w/ the 100 hitters

Hawk defending the Gracie Academy saying he would bet on Ryron in a no-time limits match against anyone and explaining how the Machados beat the GA in a crosstown showdown

Scotty and/or Gumby with the crazy stories from Brazil

SReiter with the visit and friendly roll with Brian M.   No one liked him not even Paul Viele who was looking for him.

Threads about the socal scene - Cleber / Fabio Santos / Roy Harris / Joe M 

Where's my patches?  

1 Like

Remember the guy with screen name that started with something like ‘jjj’ that was dropping juicy insider stories near the end of NHB? Jiu Jitsu police probably got him and shut down the forum. I’d love to see those threads archived somewhere.

Surfer Joe - 

Some memories

Hawk defending the Gracie Academy saying he would bet on Ryron in a no-time limits match against anyone and explaining how the Machados beat the GA in a crosstown showdown

SReiter with the visit and friendly roll with Brian M.   No one liked him not even Paul Viele who was looking for him.

Where's my patches?  

Were you the guy that held the surf and bjj camps?

OnCall -
Surfer Joe - 

Some memories

Where's my patches?  

Were you the guy that held the surf and bjj camps?

That was Randy Bloom.  Probably still surfing it up in San Clemente.  i did go to one of the free BJJ camps he had down there with guest instructors.  I think it might have been the same day that Eddie beat Royler the 1st time.  

2 Likes

Randy Bloom was chokedoutsurfer

I used to post there a lot.

TurkeySandwich is Chris Romanchick from Philly.

2 Likes

Val references the forum and several members in her book. 

"Training Wheels: How a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Road Trip Jump-Started My Search for a Fulfilling Life."

Highly recommend the book. It's awesome.

Some of the forum members she references in the book are Da Crippler, Superstall, The Vanilla Gorilla, Twerp, Wen, Goatfury, Clinzy, The Infamous Grip, Dr. Kimura, Joemoplata, and Letmbleed. 

1 Like

David Jacobs (RIP) was awesome there too.

I think sreiter is DILLIGAF here.  

RIP Groundhog.  Nate was a funny dude.  Fucking insane.

I was a member, but have no idea what my screen name was back then. If you have the time and desire you can always go to wayback machine and see some of the things it archived.

Lurked on both

Was on both

I was on nhbgear and mostly lurked on itg. I’m pretty sure I was HBM on both. Those forums helped make Jiu Jitsu viable in the early desert years.  I used to drive 40 minutes each way to go to HBJJ. 15 years later, there are two schools on the same block as my business. At least 4 schools in Burbank. 

1 Like

Choked out surfer.

2 Likes

I still have most of the Island VHS tapes. Including Choked out surfer’s set. Just sayin’

1 Like

I was there same name.