anybody else see Machida just taking Bones apart?

DoomFarmer - 
Jack Skellington - 
valetudosuperfight - <b>Machida is not fucking magic just because he knows karate</b>.

The fundamentals of range do not change just because you hop around in a way slightly different than most other fighters.

I'm not going to say that Jones is faster than Machida is, but you only have to be fast enough. Rau was fast enough to KO Machida, and was fast enough to not get KOed before that, so don't start a fucking bandwagon about how Machida will be different for Jones when Jones has already FINISHED the two last people Machida lost too.

people have been saying that for a while, even while he waas the title holder

This dude has been on every Pro-Machida thread spouting MMA-MATH...talk about bandwagons, this dude is in the drivers seat for Jones.

who?

Gin Tonic - I think the striking skillsets of both fighters are going to negate each others out. 

Whatever happens in the clinch will determine the winner of this fight. If Machida can utilize his trips/throws and prevent himself from being taken down and hellbowed then he has a good chance, but Jones's size difference is going to make that very challenging. 

I really hope Machida takes the win, but I would not bet on it.
<br type="_moz" />

I pretty much agree with this assessment.

Jones will huge his size and reach effectively against Machida on the outside. He will clinch alot with Machida and control and stall him against the cage while in the clinch. From there, he will break down Machida slowly and in the later rounds Jones will take Machida down.

Jones will have the speed to match Machida's in striking IMO.

However, Jones will not stand for too long bcs if Machida gets confortable he can find openings. Jones will use his reach to tag Machida and then clinch of Machida gets too close to counter.

Easy fight for Bones given his huge size advantage and physical attributes. Machida needs to be super fast in this fight and his footwork and timing will determine whether he will win. He must not allow Jones to clinch with him AT ALL. Jones lands effective knees and elbows from there and also keeps him away from danger.

NHBDaddy - ^agreed
Jones will need his wrestling to win this, he's not good enough striking to hang with Machida. He will bully Mach to the cage and get the td and control

Exactly. Jones bullies everyone in the clinch I hope Machida is prepared for it.

sureshock - I pretty much agree with this assessment.

Jones will huge his size and reach effectively against Machida on the outside. He will clinch alot with Machida and control and stall him against the cage while in the clinch. From there, he will break down Machida slowly and in the later rounds Jones will take Machida down.

Jones will have the speed to match Machida's in striking IMO.

However, Jones will not stand for too long bcs if Machida gets confortable he can find openings. Jones will use his reach to tag Machida and then clinch of Machida gets too close to counter.

Easy fight for Bones given his huge size advantage and physical attributes. Machida needs to be super fast in this fight and his footwork and timing will determine whether he will win. He must not allow Jones to clinch with him AT ALL. Jones lands effective knees and elbows from there and also keeps him away from danger.

Due to Machida's footwork, he's hard to get trapped against the cage. Even great wrestlers like Couture couldn't get Dragon backed up against the cage.

Will be interestling to see if Bones can.

Jack Skellington -  I know, I know. Jones is the HEAVY favorite and looks unstopable. Looks to have no weakness and he should dominate this fight.

However ...

I dont know why, but I cant shake the feeling that Machida's crazy footwork is gonna be a problem for Jones. Dragon is so elusive I could see Jones getting tired and fading as the fight goes on. I see Machida taking advantage of it & trying to pick him apart on his feet.

If I was betting I'd still bet on Jones, but if somebody told me they were betting on Machida I wouldn't shit on them.

crack is a hell of a drug.