Anyone bitching about Jon jones' reach still?

NegoVeio -

Thesis awesome! Changing if the garb! Phone Post

suess -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

His overall size relative to his division is BY FAR the largest gap of any of the current or recent champions in the UFC. That is just factual, not bitching.

so?  

he hasn't missed weight, i have no problem with him at LHW.  reach or not, if he wasn't skilled he wouldn't be champ.  

This is really the definitive argument. Phone Post

Kostakio - 

No diggity! Phone Post

lol on point vu

suess - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

His overall size relative to his division is BY FAR the largest gap of any of the current or recent champions in the UFC. That is just factual, not bitching.

so?  

he hasn't missed weight, i have no problem with him at LHW.  reach or not, if he wasn't skilled he wouldn't be champ.  

So nothing. Just stating the facts. There was no bias in my post, and I never said anything about a "problem".

There are a few guys who always have that one advantage over their division. Tall fighters, massive weight cutters, guys with abnormal strength etc...

Never has a UFC champion that I recall had such an advantage in all aspects of size as Jones has enjoyed. (maybe Timmay?) Yes he is skilled. VERY skilled. I don't ever question how talented he is. Anyone with eyes can see it.

That said can the people on the OP's side of the argument not see that to SOME people, when discussing P4P or Jones' accomplishments compared to other legends, that size advantage plays a role?

I am not one to say idiotic things like "If not for his size he would suck" or that he would not be an amazing fighter even without it. However, when I am looking at P4P in my mind, or when I am comparing what he has accomplished to a GSP/Anderson/Fedor type of legend, I cannot help but factor his physical advantage over the LHW division into it.

Yes, even at HW he would still have that reach, but at least the weights and heights would be closer. There are only a rare handful of 220-230 fighters in the LHW division. The best HWs would only have 10lbs or so on a Jones that knew he was moving up. The heights would be closer as would the reaches.

Just my opinion on the whole size thing.

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

There are a few guys who always have that one advantage over their division. Tall fighters, massive weight cutters, guys with abnormal strength etc...

Never has a UFC champion that I recall had such an advantage in all aspects of size as Jones has enjoyed. (maybe Timmay?) Yes he is skilled. VERY skilled. I don't ever question how talented he is. Anyone with eyes can see it.

That said can the people on the OP's side of the argument not see that to SOME people, when discussing P4P or Jones' accomplishments compared to other legends, that size advantage plays a role?

I am not one to say idiotic things like "If not for his size he would suck" or that he would not be an amazing fighter even without it. However, when I am looking at P4P in my mind, or when I am comparing what he has accomplished to a GSP/Anderson/Fedor type of legend, I cannot help but factor his physical advantage over the LHW division into it.

Yes, even at HW he would still have that reach, but at least the weights and heights would be closer. There are only a rare handful of 220-230 fighters in the LHW division. The best HWs would only have 10lbs or so on a Jones that knew he was moving up. The heights would be closer as would the reaches.

Just my opinion on the whole size thing.

Dude, you're unusual in this debate in that you have a sane and reasoned argument. It's not even you or your argument that I have a problem with. It's the whiny turds that say it's unfair or that he's scared to go to hw or that the ONLY reason he wins is his reach.... As we've established there are plenty of 'long' fighters that don't do as well. Eg the dude that just beat homonick.
Thanks for actually contributing tho man, much appreciated. Phone Post

ChaosOverkill -
Kostakio -  No diggity! Phone Post

lol on point vu

Yes, it was brilliant. Hats off. Phone Post

^^^ Hey, just thought I would let you know that there are some of us who look at it rationally. I bet many of those idiots, if they sat down and thought about it before they posted, would be on the same exact page as I am. Hiding behind a keyboard frees them up to take it to an irrational and shitty level. :)

I knew that your OP was not aimed at a poster like myself. Suess and I have gone back and forth on "size" many many times so I thought I would just throw my thoughts out there for everyone in this thread to see, wondering if it made sense.

Jones is a beast, and haters gonna hate. I would really like to see him move up to HW, but in the age of weight cutting I cannot blame him for fighting at LHW as long as his body allows it.

Cheers :)

How DARE he take advantage of natural gifts in an athletic competition!! Phone Post

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

^^^ Hey, just thought I would let you know that there are some of us who look at it rationally. I bet many of those idiots, if they sat down and thought about it before they posted, would be on the same exact page as I am. Hiding behind a keyboard frees them up to take it to an irrational and shitty level. :)

I knew that your OP was not aimed at a poster like myself. Suess and I have gone back and forth on "size" many many times so I thought I would just throw my thoughts out there for everyone in this thread to see, wondering if it made sense.

Jones is a beast, and haters gonna hate. I would really like to see him move up to HW, but in the age of weight cutting I cannot blame him for fighting at LHW as long as his body allows it.

Cheers :)

Hey man, we are dangerously close to having a reasonable discussion about MMA. Not sure that's really acceptable here... So... Here goes...

U R 1 cheeky cunt m8 I swear I am going to wreck U I swear on my mum's life, do you even lift? Phaggot!?

Ok, that's better. Phone Post

whoabro - 

How DARE he take advantage of natural gifts in an athletic competition!! Phone Post

THIS. Also that Roy Necksonvs pic is greatness.

Its his biggest advantage

OP is a troll n tard Phone Post

wreckker - Its his biggest advantage

OP is a troll n tard Phone Post

No dude, I'm not. But well done for missing the point and being insulting all at the same time. And I'd say his biggest advantage is his intelligence. Anyways man- you just can't deal with the fact that its a changing of the garb, it's a doggy dog world out there and for all intensive purposes its important to remember that something lasts forever... Smell me?
And keep it civil ok? No need for your insults. Phone Post

I feel like people place too much emphasis on his reach, as much as it helps with the stand up it can be a real pain in the ass to avoid submissions. Long limbs are vulnerable to arm bars and other submissions and long necks are easier to choke, there is just more of a sweet spot where the sub would be effective than say a guy like Rashad where the is no wiggle room and needs to be perfect technique to work.

IF Jones loses, it will probably be via submission.

escudo - I feel like people place too much emphasis on his reach, as much as it helps with the stand up it can be a real pain in the ass to avoid submissions. Long limbs are vulnerable to arm bars and other submissions and long necks are easier to choke, there is just more of a sweet spot where the sub would be effective than say a guy like Rashad where the is no wiggle room and needs to be perfect technique to work.

IF Jones loses, it will probably be via submission.

Yep, leg lock IMO Phone Post

theshooter - Part of the thing with Jon Jones' reach is that he fights at 205 lbs. when he could easily fight as a heavyweight. The guys at heavyweight are obviously bigger so his reach advantage if the heavyweight division would be less of a factor than it is at 205 lbs.

A lot of fighters could easily fight above their weight class. Aka Anderson Silva who can and has easily beat his opponents at light heavy weight. Can anyone post Anderson's reach vs his opponents at middle weight? I'm curious to see if he has had the advantage in his fights? Phone Post

orcus - 

"I would LOVE to watch The Reem smash Jones."

Reem at 205 -- the division Jones fights in and belongs in -- would get annihilated by Jones just like he got crushed by every other good LHW he ever fought.

Yeah but The Reem was cutting way to much to make LHW, his natural weight is 260. Plus he must have been literally starving himself to stop his body from bulking up. The Reem at his true weight is way to much for JBJ. 

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
orcus - 

Reem at 205 -- the division Jones fights in and belongs in -- would get annihilated by Jones just like he got crushed by every other good LHW he ever fought.

Yeah but The Reem was cutting way to much to make LHW, his natural weight is 260. Plus he must have been literally starving himself to stop his body from bulking up. The Reem at his true weight is way to much for JBJ. 

When you're wrong, your wrong and you sir are wrong.. Phone Post

UGSlapshot - 
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
orcus - 

When you're wrong, your wrong and you sir are wrong.. Phone Post

You think current JBJ could beat current Reem? LMAO!

this seems like a good time to start complaining about gustavsons reach...