Anyone Dry?

Haleiwa is headed back underwater right now.

My Arc is almost built!

Fuck this blows.  5pm and Rainy as fuck in Beverly Hills.

LOL! Funny watching the Oahu guys handling the rain. Here in Hilo, it's like 3-4 times a year we get those kind of storms. I wonder how you folks would cope if there were earthquakes and the volcano going off...
In all honesty, I feel for you guys. We kind of get a bit desensitized to it here on the Big Island, butwe've had our share. The worst was back in 2000-2001 when we had something like 38 inches fall in 24 hours. Holy crap, everything was floating! I had to rescue my sister and my nephews as they were trapped on high ground, like an island. Me in my truck going up this frickin' river that used to be a main road and there's this house FLOATING down it! LOL! Good times. Hope you guys fare well.

Shit, my ceiling just caved in. I knew I should have fixed those leaks this summer. Oh well, now I have an excuse to get me a new roof

News:

"The weather service also issued a tornado warning for Kauai for about 45 minutes just before 1 p.m. after a water spout was spotted between Hanapepe and Waimea."

Damn Data!

I hope this stops soon so you can finish your clean ups.

Its POURING here in Manoa.

I'm dumping all my unwanteds in the river behind my house

its usually a thin trickle but during these storms its friggen Hawaiian Water parks down there!

Not trying to hijaq the thread, but DataLifePlus, I know what you mean bro

Here's behind my house after the last "100 year rain" (just 5 years ago in 2003)

landslide 2 

landslide 1 

behind my house

behind the house 

the view from inside my recording studio sound booth

from inside sound booth 

a boulder that miraculously didn't breach the walls of my house (next to a shovel for size perspective)

and yes, I dug all of this out by hand with the help of a couple of friends)

boulder    

Assessing moisture and mold damage

assessing damage 

Sound Room Mold Remediation (had to remove all acoustic treatment to get to double walls and reinstall)  mold remediation

Carpentry and Exterior Finishing carpentry 2 carpentry 1

Hillside Remediation done by the same company who did Makapuu cliffs and road to Lahaina

1st layer 1st layer of shotcrete 1st layer of shotcrete 2

2nd layer 2nd layer of shotcrete

Finished Slope (about 2 years later) hill remediation complete

So DataLifePlus, it was a long road back, but everything eventually got back to normal

So stay dry and keep the faith!

The sound booth back recording the Makaha Sons recently

Moon Kaukahi Jerome Koko John Koko  

That pic of John is hilarious.

i guess when you sing smooth as silk, you can afford the funky face. Ha!

^^^John just got out of the hospital after a 2nd heart procedure when this photo was taken

damn man....my bad :(

*harakiri's self

Good move Sub. With comments like that, you'll send him back to the hospital...and during Christmas season too! Cut off a finger and we will call it even.

i already commited harry carry, and you still want a finger?!?!