Anyone else think Mendes won?

Mendes won round 4. Phone Post 3.0

I had 49-46 Aldo like the majority of people seem to have had.

caseharts -
TFK_digthisbigcrux -

no...and I  had money on Mendes

I had it 2 2 going to round 5 which I thought was 10 10 but im a troll. You can't disagree with people on here without being called names. Regardless of who you thought won it was close so someone saying Chad won isn't outlandish. Close fight. Would watch again. Phone Post 3.0
Respect your opinion, but I had it 3-1 Aldo going in to the 5th and don't think Chad did enough

Agree it was a good fight and would watch III

I'd like to see Chad against Connor someday Phone Post 3.0

Watched the fight again and I agree that Aldo won. I think it was a matter of watching the reining champ go through his toughest match.

Don't know why I got voted down so much- it was an honest opinion not meant to troll! Phone Post 3.0

I think the first round was the decider for me. Could have went either way, but I'd give it to Aldo, barely. I definitely thought Mendes won two rounds though.

House Boru -
Malvert the Janitor - Every time Chad did something good Jose responded with something equal or better, IMO. Phone Post 3.0

i wouldnt go that far to say "every" time. but yeah more than vice versa. take away that KO at the end of round 1 (which you really cannot fairly do as it was mostly during the bell) and its much much closer but i digress
Wasn't that the round that Aldo has Chad mounted after stunning him? I think we were all surprised to see Aldo get sat down with a punch early but he came back and did more in that round even before the late knockdown.

From what I remember anyway.. Phone Post 3.0

I'm a Mendes fan and anti-Aldo.

Aldo won. However it was closer than the incompetent judges scored it. The scorecards suggest a dominating performance. in essence, it seems they wanted to give every round to Aldo from the get-go, but when Aldo got knocked down they were forced to give the round to Mendes.

So basically, for Mendes to win a round it was MANDATORY that he got a knockdown. For Aldo to win a round, his sole requirement was to not get knocked down.

I'm pretty sure that isn't normal judging criteria. Phone Post

At first I thought MENDES won, but after re watching Id say aldo won by a round.
It would have been a 1 round victory of it took place somewhere neutral like Canada for example Phone Post 3.0

I'm no judge but I had it 48-47 Aldo.. couple rounds were close tho.. Phone Post 3.0

I had it 3-2 Aldo but the fight was closer than I think many on this board feel Phone Post 3.0

NotYourAverage14er - Fight was close but chad won 1 round imo. 1st round was Aldos. 2nd round clearly Aldos this is when it started to look like a typical Aldo fight. 3rd round Mendes hurt Aldo but the aldo rocked him straight after and out struck him that round too. Mendes won the fourth without a doubt. Aldo definitely won the fifth round.

I thought Chad won 2 and 4.

1, 2, and 5 were all competitive rounds but all went to Aldo. I thought the most dominant round of the fight was actually the 4th round for Mendes.