Anyone notice the Shogun mimicry at the start!

notsometourist - I don't see anything wrong with what he did, tbh. He's still a growing fighter. A good fighter will adapt what he's learned from previous fights. Jones is still trying to find his own identity in the cage, which is a real scary thought. And like an above post mentioned, he may very well implement the karate rush in his next fight. Why? Because the person he most likely will be facing is Hashad. Remember who beat Hashad? Remember how?

Jones is an outstanding athlete who has very well adapted muscle memory. He is a quick learner and very intelligent. Who knows what he's capable of. Just remember that right now, he sucks. Compared to what the Jon Jones of 5 years from now could be, he's still garbage. Wrap your brains around that.

LISTEN YOU MUPPET! There is nothing wrong with what he did.....I am just saying he did it....

Fucking foobs :)

ProteinPower - You have to be fucking kidding me. Jones is being himself not trying to be like you're precious PRIDE fighters. OMG Jones was using elbows like Florian, he must be disrespecting Kenny or mocking him! Blasphemy.

Yes im fucking mad because most MMA fans (here) are emo pussys. Im mad.

Oh and add me on facebook.

This. You're precious pride fighters suck. Your all delusional. And if you're BS doesn't end soon, your going to be sorry. Phone Post

He mimic'd Shogun.  It was plain as day.  I thought it was cool.  Seems to be part of his swag, kinda like how he comes out in a three point stance....who does that?

Thats the first thing i noticed. Phone Post

Some people aggro really easy on this forum.

OP was correct, Bones did mimic Shogun, and he made a very valid point, it could very well have been to deliberately get in Lyoto's head. Or it may have just been out of admiration for Shoguns style. I don't think he was making a case of Jones being a douchebag out of it, nor did it have anythign to do with Pride Fighting blind fan nuthugging. I probably woulnd't have used the word "mocking" though.

Shogun mimics Bruce Lee's backpedal, did it in the Hendo and Lidell fights. Probably because he's a fan, and it does make you look damn loose on your feet, enough for people to pick up on and get in their head.

Gin Tonic - Some people aggro really easy on this forum.

OP was correct, Bones did mimic Shogun, and he made a very valid point, it could very well have been to deliberately get in Lyoto's head. Or it may have just been out of admiration for Shoguns style. I don't think he was making a case of Jones being a douchebag out of it, nor did it have anythign to do with Pride Fighting blind fan nuthugging. I probably woulnd't have used the word "mocking" though.

Shogun mimics Bruce Lee's backpedal, did it in the Hendo and Lidell fights. Probably because he's a fan, and it does make you look damn loose on your feet, enough for people to pick up on and get in their head.

On reflection I think you might be right. i was trying to deflect criticism but ending up attracting it lol! G'call on shogun btw as well ^

THAT's ^^ it ?

LOL, so what ?

Anyone who thinks he did anything "wrong" is just a hateful fool

InspiritMick - 
notsometourist - I don't see anything wrong with what he did, tbh. He's still a growing fighter. A good fighter will adapt what he's learned from previous fights. Jones is still trying to find his own identity in the cage, which is a real scary thought. And like an above post mentioned, he may very well implement the karate rush in his next fight. Why? Because the person he most likely will be facing is Hashad. Remember who beat Hashad? Remember how?

Jones is an outstanding athlete who has very well adapted muscle memory. He is a quick learner and very intelligent. Who knows what he's capable of. Just remember that right now, he sucks. Compared to what the Jon Jones of 5 years from now could be, he's still garbage. Wrap your brains around that.

LISTEN YOU MUPPET! There is nothing wrong with what he did.....I am just saying he did it....

Fucking foobs :)

Calm down, relax. That's good, just breathe. Better. Whew, now that the meltdown was avoided. I wasn't saying you implied there to be something wrong with it, in fact you clearly stated there was no Jones hate and that it was just an observation. Others have taken it to mean he was doin something wrong, and my response was in reply to those schools of thought.

I was thinking shogun impersonation as soon as it happened.

tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt / ttttttttttttt = ttt

I wouldn't say that just because he did that, he was mimicking Shogun lol. Other people can do that too, doesn't mean they're mimicking anyone. Phone Post

Wanderlei and Anderson move that way also...

Jesus... amateur psychology......

Gregg Roach - 

For whomever.  

edited for proper grammar.

Holy shit I didn't catch that live. Awesome!

Now that you mention it, that does look Shogun-esque. Another thing noticeable from the gif is the fucking size of Jones compared to Machida. JJ looks huge. I wonder what his fight night weight was, anybody know?

Ttt Phone Post

He didn't look that much bigger ^^ And Machida is a normal-sized LHW.

I bet Jones copies Machida's style against his next opponent. He's taking people's souls. I love it.

think jj did thaT on purpose? or maybe it just kinda happened due to watching tape of shugun beating lyoto?