Anyone own a pair of Boxergenics? The original UFC gloves

Wondering how many are still out there in circulation…

In 2020 I sold mine for $500. But I got them back recently in a glove trade.

There were a few models of Boxergenics, even a collab with Cleto Reyes on a pair.

2 Likes

The first glove used in the UFC . Great trick question at the bars . lol

7 Likes

Seen these on Jesse’s eBay page for a lot less than $500 in the past. Maybe I should have bought a pair.

What are the most valued mma gloves out there besides the old Pride gloves? I know those are worth thousands these days.

2 Likes

Actually Pride gloves have resurfaced recently, you can get a legit pair for about $800 bucks.

The rarest gloves I know of… are the event worn Affliction gloves. To this day I’ve never met anyone that got to keep a pair. And I’ve never met traders that have come across them.

1 Like

I have a pile of skin shavings from Royce Gracie’s knuckles my uncle scraped from the canvas of the early ufc, I would be willing to sell them for $1000

4 Likes

I have the original pair of these they were the fairtex glove.

I designed it with Alex gong and got some of the first production run. I still have one set left.

4 Likes

^ Wow that’s amazing, besides Pride that’s the only org I know that didn’t let the fighters keep them, but since Affliction only had 2 shows the production must’ve been very limited!

Do you know what they did with all the fight used and extra gloves?

2 Likes

I will ask and find out. I have a clothing brand with cliff one of the original partners in affliction.

1 Like

I got a pair like 5 months ago. I forgot we were talking about Affliction it in here. Mine are brand new that were extra production, I’ve still never seen any fight used.

The first Affliction event was just the basic Fairtex gloves in black with Fairtex logo. The second event is the only time they used the Affliction gloves by Fairtex. Fedor vs Arlovski: Day Of Reckoning. I’m still curious where all those legendary fight worn gloves went!

1 Like

I issued those gloves in early WEC shows.The IFC used them also.

Back then,they did not let you keep them.

2 Likes

Chop that shit up and snort it.

You’ll become a Black Belt within seconds.

3 Likes

I loved the look of those gloves with the red cross on them. I see them now and it reminds me of Battlecade Extreme Fighting and the UFC dark ages. They’re kind of a symbol of when the sport was going through its growing pains and when I could name every fighter and event.

1 Like

3 Likes

Not those, however I still have my chuck Norris gloves I wore when I fought Angelo Popofski and Dan Gilbert.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Dan Gilbert!

Please tell me you won that one.

Those gloves have seen some love!

2 Likes

No, lost☹️

Still one of my favorite memories from competition.

Both of the my son’s with me, joking and laughing :grin:

2 Likes