Anyone switch to all Kettlebell work and

… have people at your bjj school start talking about how much stronger you are, find their cardio greatly improved, or anything else along those lines.

I stopped doing cardio because my KB workout kill me, and my big 3 have all gone down, but mat strength seems to have gone way up according to people at my gym.

Curious if this is just me or anyone else has seen this happen with KB’s

Note: I do all kinds of shit with KB’s to the extent it would look like a bodybuilder program other than my sticking to 5 reps per set.

1 Like

I do the humane burpee as a maintenance program per Dan John. I feel it keeps my cardio boosted. With the hinging and squatting its more of a “real world strength”.

1 Like

I’ve also been using Dan John’s Humane Burpees. The last few years have been spent mostly on the couch so I’m just worki g on getting back in shape. The Humane Burpee is doing the job.

2 Likes

Yes,i have a herniated disc so I switched to kettlebells. I have had training partners tell me that my strength has increased. I also feel a difference when pushing and pulling when gi training from stand up.

2 Likes

Thanks everybody. I’m gonna check out this Humane Burpee thing.

1 Like