Anyone think A. Silva is NOT lb for lb best???

audiophile26 -  I guess you forgot to mention that it doesn't  include GSP's last 2 wins and also Fedor's last win.
I'm sure after beating BJ Penn and Thiago Alves he would move up considerably. Also since Fedor's last win was against Arlovski I would love to see where these rankings stand once maybe UPDATED!!

more reason why all of your earlier posts should be ignored

it is updated, click on a fighters name, look closely...

do I need to take screenshots for you?

Nope I am a jag it is late. I screwed up

Anderson, a training partner, and at least as big as Lyoto, says Lyoto. . .

ACEhole -  fedor, no discussion needed for anyone who has any clue about MMA.Anderson will soon eclipse Fedor in the mma-elo rankings by my estimation in his next 3 fights though.Those rankings dont include tonight's win over forrest and if you consider the future strength of schedule and frequency of fights for both fighters, you will see that its only a matter of time.

Every 4 months for AS:
Henderson
Marquardt/Maia
Belfort/Wandy

Every 6 months for Fedor (maybe):
Rogers
Werdum
Overeem

I am not going to diminish anyone elses accomplishments, but I think he is the PFP best.

No one has dispatched guys in such diminating fashion as Silva has since hes been in the UFC.

In 10 UFC fights, the guy has lost one round total, and in a lot of instances, just embarrased his competition.

Unlike GSP, hes had no "off" nights. Unlike Fedor, hes fightsfrequently.

I just think that for the time being, there is no one better at capatilizing on their opponants weaknesses and sloppiness and does so in highlight reel fashion.

you guys have seen the "math list"

but on my own personal list I would have a tough time putting anyone ahead of fedor until maybe lyoto dominates the rest of the LHW division (without losing) for another 3-4 years...

the most important thing is being undefeated, unflawed, perfect

and neither anderson nor george are perfect

Fedor hands down, what's great with Forrest to give Anderson the no.1 spot?

Something that bears remembering for Fedor is that he often fights top guys who legitimately outweigh him at fight time by anywhere in the region of 20-40 pounds, or approximately 10-20% of his bodyweight (and that's ignoring the superheavies he fights because usually they're not that skilled).

Anderson moving up and humiliating Forrest is super-impressive, but the weight difference at fight time almost certainly wasn't 20%.

"the most important thing is being undefeated, unflawed, perfect"

I think it's ridiculous to consider this the MOST important thing. Absurd.

So, according to this guy, it is more important than strength of competition even.

"http://www.mma-elo.com/ranks.php"

Interesting site. Strange to see Tara LaRosa ranked above Brian Bowles. I think Brian might be able to take that one.

Silva showed PfP supremacy last night in my eyes.

weakest division in MMA

Who cares on P4P? FEDOR is the best FIGHTER in the world

Fedor is the best fighter around at the moment. There is a case to be made that anderson is the most dominant though. Fighting 3 or 4 times a year in 2 divisions and staying undefeated is no easy feat..

Everybody has their own criteria for deciphering the pound for pound best fighter, but for me being undeafeated is a big factor. Fedor is undefeated (nc bull) andersons been finished twice and gsp was pounded out by serra. As amazing as Anderson and gsp are, fedor is still the best.

Yeah, #1 P4P fighter, no question about it in my mind.

Its hard to say a definite p4p but imo Torres, A. Silva, GSP, Fedor. I think Penn, Nick Diaz and maybe Machida are up there too! There is a good arguement for any of them.

God all these mudnamer nubs who blindly nuthug Fedor get annoying. I'm a huge Fedor fan, always been. But until he fights top competition on a regular basis he can't be pfp #1. Fighting lindland, Hongman, Hunt, Zulu, various other jap cans dosent make u pfp#1.

Fedor is the best P4P in history... easy discussion.

Jack Carter - 
DarrenJG - It's getting pretty hard now to say that Anderson isn't the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Fedor has had reason to slip a bit, GSP is great, but I don't know how Silva isn't CLEARLY the best fighter overall at this point.

Anyone disagree?

LOL. Get back to me when he beats a true top 10 heavy weight. Then that discussion can begin.

Until then, he's a 205 pounder fighting as a middle weight.

owned....end of thread

Fedor

Strength of schedule - #12

Three year mod - #21

One year mod - #19

---------------------------------

Anderson

Strength of schedule - #9

One year mod - #13

Three year mod - #5

---------------------------------

Fedor is 64 points > Anderson and 42 points > GSP.

(PFP - according to mma-elo.com) 

Even though my vote goes to Fedor while he has no legitimate losses I will say it is like cutting hairs the difference in greatness and who is P4P the best between Fedor, Machida, GSP, Anderson and Torres.

Kansas Comet - Even though my vote goes to Fedor while he has no legitimate losses I will say it is like cutting hairs the difference in greatness and who is P4P the best between Fedor, Machida, GSP, Anderson and Torres.

I agree 100 percent. Each time any of these guys fight it is like they raise the bar that much further from all the other fighters.