Anyone think Wilder is being smart?

When there is this much money involved I feel we always need to ask- are all these outlandish excuses about the costume and stories about his trainer crying outside the dressing room just Wilder playing the heel and hyping another fight?

theres 25M a fight up for grabs here. The guy has to be getting some good business and media advice. And gotta admit - it's working 

1 Like

How many UG threads and headlines would we get for - "Wilder gracious in defeat, thanks Fury and goes back to training". 1,...2?

Possibly, maybe he realizes that his run is over and is cashing out. Then again his behavior towards Breland such as banning him from the dressing room suggests this is all for real.

1 Like

Nuts IMO.

I didn't research it to see if there's any truth to it(b/c I figured eventually it the news would spread if true) but I had heard that Deontay Wilder was being offered some "step aside" money so Deontay gets paid without having to fight and excercise his rematch clause so Tyson can fight Joshua next.

NOBODY thinks Wilder is smart, boxing or otherwise.

1 Like

Not sure how it hypes the fight.  Out of a combined 55.5 minutes of boxing, Wilder won maybe 2 minutes....... It's clear who the better fighter is.  Wilder should be selling wolf tickets about getting back in the gym and improving his boxing skills and adjusting his game plan so he can land Thor's hammer in the next fight..... Instead he is babbling nonsensical excuses that are clearly the symptoms of a mentally broken fighter.  I'm all for watching Wilder get knocked retarded again... But not for another $79.99

boxing wiz -

Smart ppl round him maybe? 

FirstScratch -

Not sure how it hypes the fight.  Out of a combined 55.5 minutes of boxing, Wilder won maybe 2 minutes....... It's clear who the better fighter is.  Wilder should be selling wolf tickets about getting back in the gym and improving his boxing skills and adjusting his game plan so he can land Thor's hammer in the next fight..... Instead he is babbling nonsensical excuses that are clearly the symptoms of a mentally broken fighter.  I'm all for watching Wilder get knocked retarded again... But not for another $79.99

To me it keeps him the most relevant and profitable opponent.

Perceivably act like a cunt and make a shit load of wild excuses. Could make him less likely to be passed over given the result

He threw ones of his trainers, which is basically like family oftentimes, under the bus for his ego. He's a piece of shit. That wasn't some tactical decision.

Whambo -

He threw ones of his trainers, which is basically like family oftentimes, under the bus for his ego. He's a piece of shit. That wasn't some tactical decision.

Conor threw a trolley at a bus full of ppl for hype bro. It's not that far fetched

It's no secret that Wilder is an emotional guy to this day, so it's no surprise he would act like this after his first loss and failing to commit 187 in the ring.

ThatsHowIRoll -
boxing wiz -

Smart ppl round him maybe? 

They dumped the only one that had a clue. Mark Breland is better off.

1 Like

Wilder is definitely not a smart man, thats been clear way before the recent ridiculousness.

Hes been used by his handlers, who clearly have never been that confident in his abilities.  They turned down 100 million from Dazn to fight Brazeale then AJ twice, to instead fight Brazeale, Ortiz then Fury three times for less money.

1 Like

If Wilder’s angle is a heel turn he’s brilliant.

ThatsHowIRoll -
FirstScratch -

Perceivably act like a cunt and make a shit load of wild excuses. Could make him less likely to be passed over given the result

Joshua and Tyson are each others most relevant and profitable opponent.  The only relevancy Wilder has is the rematch clause.  

If Deontay Wilder is being smart it's because he is using an external brain to do the thinking for him. Guy exposed himself as having a severe case of cognitive dissonance which usually points to a rather low IQ.

oranos -

If Deontay Wilder is being smart it's because he is using an external brain to do the thinking for him. Guy exposed himself as having a severe case of cognitive dissonance which usually points to a rather low IQ.

Pot, meet kettle

FirstScratch -
ThatsHowIRoll -
FirstScratch -

Joshua and Tyson are each others most relevant and profitable opponent.  The only relevancy Wilder has is the rematch clause.  

Sorry but I don’t agree that is his ‘only relevance’.

All this controversy has his name out there a lot more than AJ at the moment.

AJ has made his own bed. Him and Hearn kept fucking about and milking the money they were making at the O2 then he gets starched by a (relatively) unknown Ruiz.

I didn't even watch the rematch and I was a huge AJ fan a couple of years ago.

boxing wiz -

This. Wilder has been spewing nonsense since the onsided loss. To suggest this is some sort of master plan is laughable.