Anyone With Prison Experiences In Canada

CaptainNemo -
HotSteppa - 
CaptainNemo - 

EMDC in Ontario is a sh*thole.

I get in there monthly.

It looks nice but it's is just f*cking packed full.

3X the occupancy rate than it was built for.

Why are you in jail monthly? What kind of life do you lead?

I have professional in and out credentials.

I get to come in and go out when I want. (Within reason)

Is that just for London, or all of the provincial institutes?

sgotwalks - 
CaptainNemo -
HotSteppa - 
CaptainNemo - 

I get in there monthly.

Just EMDC in London.

Have not been in a while though. 

Some new changes and not sure I will be returning to that role.

CaptainNemo -
sgotwalks - 
CaptainNemo -
HotSteppa - 
CaptainNemo - 

I get in there monthly.

Just EMDC in London.

Damn, I'm looking for a good delivery man.

.........for the record your honor, I would like it noted that I added a "jk" at the end of my post!

Remember to swallow.

philippine_guolitine - 

The film says that Canada has one of the highest prisoner rate in the world with 129/100,000 population.

Is this still the case? What does US have, it wasn’t mentioned there. A lot higher or a lot lower?

693 for the US.

AdamBishop - 

Fed system

Milhaven and joyceville

Provincial system

Maplehurst

Municiple

London, sarnia, windsor

Can give u honest answers as a white male who was in trouble consistantly from 15 to 24 in the province of ontario..

I heard two guys broke free from Millhaven; quite a while ago now…I thin kit was in '73

TeamRenzo -
AdamBishop - 

Fed system

Milhaven and joyceville

Provincial system

Maplehurst

Municiple

London, sarnia, windsor

Can give u honest answers as a white male who was in trouble consistantly from 15 to 24 in the province of ontario..

I heard two guys broke free from Millhaven; quite a while ago now…I thin kit was in '73

It was actually 12 (or 14),

You see while they mostly came from towns with long french names one of the dozen was a home town shame..

AdamBishop -
TeamRenzo -
AdamBishop - 

Fed system

Milhaven and joyceville

Provincial system

Maplehurst

Municiple

London, sarnia, windsor

You see while they mostly came from towns with long french names one of the dozen was a home town shame..

It was 14 inmates who escaped. Want some truth.........it was actually 1972, but The Hip changed the year to 73 in the song because 72 doesn't rhyme with penitentiary. Some of the fellows involved were well known by my Dad and my uncle. Donny Oag was one of the masterminds of the escape and a mean and nasty motherfucker, and Buddy Smith who once wanted to pick a fight with my father in the prison yard at Kingston Pen in the late sixties. I've got some neat audio clips of my uncle telling a couple stories to me a few years back about these fellows.......not related to this escape, but different pen tales, including one around the big riot in KP and who was involved and how. I've posted them on here before but to no fanfare. I don't think anyone understood what the clips really were.

sgotwalks -
AdamBishop -
TeamRenzo -
AdamBishop - 

Fed system

Milhaven and joyceville

Provincial system

Maplehurst

Municiple

London, sarnia, windsor

It was 14 inmates who escaped. Want some truth.........it was actually 1972, but The Hip changed the year to 73 in the song because 72 doesn't rhyme with penitentiary. Some of the fellows involved were well known by my Dad and my uncle. Donny Oag was one of the masterminds of the escape and a mean and nasty motherfucker, and Buddy Smith who once wanted to pick a fight with my father in the prison yard at Kingston Pen in the late sixties. I've got some neat audio clips of my uncle telling a couple stories to me a few years back about these fellows.......not related to this escape, but different pen tales, including one around the big riot in KP and who was involved and how. I've posted them on here before but to no fanfare. I don't think anyone understood what the clips really were.

Id love to give it a listen if you have a link to the audio or even outline transcript.. what side of the fence is your family perspective on out of curriosity?

AdamBishop -
sgotwalks -
AdamBishop -
TeamRenzo -
AdamBishop - 

Fed system

Milhaven and joyceville

Provincial system

Maplehurst

Municiple

London, sarnia, windsor

Id love to give it a listen if you have a link to the audio or even outline transcript.. what side of the fence is your family perspective on out of curriosity?

Sure, I've posted this one before on here somewhere, so some may roll their eyes to see it again. Anyhow, I was on a stop over in Toronto on my way home from the GSP Diaz fight in Montreal when I was at my Dad's and getting ready to head to the airport for a flight home to BC. Dad was out, and my uncle Bill dropped by to have a whiskey with me before I left. I had a couple photos I was asking him about and the conversation lead back to the days of him and my Dad being in Kingston Pen in the late sixties. I asked if they knew any of the fellas that were involved in the legenday riot in 71, and the conversation when like this.......

sgotwalks - 
CaptainNemo -
sgotwalks - 
CaptainNemo -
HotSteppa - 
CaptainNemo - 

I get in there monthly.

Just EMDC in London.

Damn, I'm looking for a good delivery man.

.........for the record your honor, I would like it noted that I added a "jk" at the end of my post!

As funny as this sounds, it's indicative of the actual thought process of people who end up going to jail.

"Hey, I'm going to jail. I should shove some stuff up my ass and do some more illgeal stuff that could keep me there longer!"

I can't count how many times I have sat across from someone and heard plans that make me shake my head and say, "...or...and just heard me out...or...you could just do your time, and stop breaking the law? It's just a thought..."

the stories you could get outta those guys.. 

Did kingston pen convert to protective custody/temporary detainee immediately after the riot they are talking about or was that farther down the road? They tore that place down..

Id also love to know how they got out of the haven. Ive heard from a source i dont find overly reliable so take it for what it is but i was told they left from an area of the prison that wasnt finished/still under construction or something to that effect.. my stay there was short as it was only at the reception unit but i cant really imagine how anyone could get past a double fence like that with manned gun towers.. 

sgotwalks -
comeonman1 -
sgotwalks -

I did 2 years less a day in Maplehurst back in the early 90's. It wasn't exactly easy street. My brother just got out of Collins Bay in Kingston last November. He's been to all of them at one time or another. My father, uncles and several family friends and acquaintences have done the prison circuit in Kingston over the years, but all of that is mostly long in the past.

It's a horrible existance man, so if you're about to do something that is going to inevitably send you away, you better make sure as fuck that it's a crime that you can live with as you begin the very slow countown, because if you're just going to do something stupid for the sake of something stupid, don't! Your life won't be easy, and everything you have going on now will seem like a wet dream compared what goes on around you in there. It's a stressful place!

Why didn't you ask your lawyer to push for 2 years plus a day so you could do pen time? Would have been paroled in 8 months or less most likely. 2 years less a day is brutal, did you serve 16 months?

I did three and a half months dead time and was paroled after 8 months, so 11 months in total. I had 16 months parole, 3 years probation, 6 months house arrest, 12 sessions with a shrink  and 200 hours of community services. I was hammered by that judge. The most fucked up part of it all was that my house arrest was a probationary condition, so I was allowed to go out on my own accord for the first 16 months while I was on parole, then when my probation kicked in I was on house arrest for 6 months. Even my parole office thought that was insane, but when we went in front of the same judge to change it up he shot me down.

As for your other question, it's a good one. My uncle Bill told me I needed to tell the judge to go fuck himself during sentencing if he gave me provincial time, that would get him to bump my sentence up and I'd end up in federal where I would do easy time and be back out a lot sooner. When my Dad heard what he had said he was pissed. He told me to ignore that shit advice and take the provincial time where i would be right around the corner from them and they could take care of some things.

The fact that another uncle was busted on similar charges 6 months earlier and stood up in front of the same judge didn't help my cause. Outside of an assault charge for a fight when I was 17, this was the first time I had been in trouble at 23. All things considered, my sentence was really harsh by comparison to some of the repeat offenders I was in with. My time was about as easy as it could be due to my family and their connections, but still far too stressful as the ebbs and flaws of range politics are constantly changing, there is no lasting comfort zone in those places.

Never went back, never will! Sorry for the FRAT!

Oh I see that makes sense. Dead time back then was min 2/1, I heard now its 1/1. I used to get in trouble years ago (15 years ago) but got my shit together. Finally got a pardon after waiting 8 years lol. I definitely don't miss those days.

Are you in the GTA? I am 45 mins West of Toronto.

comeonman1 -
sgotwalks -
comeonman1 -
sgotwalks -

I did 2 years less a day in Maplehurst back in the early 90's. It wasn't exactly easy street. My brother just got out of Collins Bay in Kingston last November. He's been to all of them at one time or another. My father, uncles and several family friends and acquaintences have done the prison circuit in Kingston over the years, but all of that is mostly long in the past.

It's a horrible existance man, so if you're about to do something that is going to inevitably send you away, you better make sure as fuck that it's a crime that you can live with as you begin the very slow countown, because if you're just going to do something stupid for the sake of something stupid, don't! Your life won't be easy, and everything you have going on now will seem like a wet dream compared what goes on around you in there. It's a stressful place!

Why didn't you ask your lawyer to push for 2 years plus a day so you could do pen time? Would have been paroled in 8 months or less most likely. 2 years less a day is brutal, did you serve 16 months?

I did three and a half months dead time and was paroled after 8 months, so 11 months in total. I had 16 months parole, 3 years probation, 6 months house arrest, 12 sessions with a shrink  and 200 hours of community services. I was hammered by that judge. The most fucked up part of it all was that my house arrest was a probationary condition, so I was allowed to go out on my own accord for the first 16 months while I was on parole, then when my probation kicked in I was on house arrest for 6 months. Even my parole office thought that was insane, but when we went in front of the same judge to change it up he shot me down.

As for your other question, it's a good one. My uncle Bill told me I needed to tell the judge to go fuck himself during sentencing if he gave me provincial time, that would get him to bump my sentence up and I'd end up in federal where I would do easy time and be back out a lot sooner. When my Dad heard what he had said he was pissed. He told me to ignore that shit advice and take the provincial time where i would be right around the corner from them and they could take care of some things.

The fact that another uncle was busted on similar charges 6 months earlier and stood up in front of the same judge didn't help my cause. Outside of an assault charge for a fight when I was 17, this was the first time I had been in trouble at 23. All things considered, my sentence was really harsh by comparison to some of the repeat offenders I was in with. My time was about as easy as it could be due to my family and their connections, but still far too stressful as the ebbs and flaws of range politics are constantly changing, there is no lasting comfort zone in those places.

Never went back, never will! Sorry for the FRAT!

Oh I see that makes sense. Dead time back then was min 2/1, I heard now its 1/1. I used to get in trouble years ago (15 years ago) but got my shit together. Finally got a pardon after waiting 8 years lol. I definitely don't miss those days.

Are you in the GTA? I am 45 mins West of Toronto.

I'm in BC now, living in a tiny town in the middle of the mountains. Married to the mayor, lol! I too got a pardon about 10 years ago, and am now far removed from the lifestyle. My wife urged me to get the pardon so I could get in on some of the travel into the US that my work wanted me to partake in at the time, and she took care of the paperwork because I didn't think it would work. Well I'll be damned, it worked. I've lived in different parts of Toronto and Mississauga, but did most of my growing up during the school years in Georgetown. 

Goon on you for turning it around. It's nice to hear. I have people say the same thing to me, so I'm happy to say it to someone else. 

AdamBishop -

the stories you could get outta those guys.. 

Did kingston pen convert to protective custody/temporary detainee immediately after the riot they are talking about or was that farther down the road? They tore that place down..

Id also love to know how they got out of the haven. Ive heard from a source i dont find overly reliable so take it for what it is but i was told they left from an area of the prison that wasnt finished/still under construction or something to that effect.. my stay there was short as it was only at the reception unit but i cant really imagine how anyone could get past a double fence like that with manned gun towers.. 

I don't think KP turned into a protective custody prison until the late 70's. I've heard a story about that breakout and how it came to be, and I heard it from a friend/source that comes with a ton of knowledge about those prisons from that time period, as he was on the first busload of inmates transported from Kingston Pen to Millhaven.

They have long strips of bacon instead of bars on the cells and moats filled with maple syrup