Aoki-Hansen opinions?

I haven't heard many talk about this fight. How awesome is Aoki? First finish by Gogopalata in MMA that I've seen, and doing it to someone like Hansen is pretty incredible!

Robin.

He was awesome, but he only won because Hansen wasn't used to fighting with hair.

Aoki made Hansen look like a can. No easy feat.

Hansen showed nothing.

Aoki is a monster.

i Want to see Aoki vs. Melendez.

It wasn't the first gogoplata in MMA. I seen it 1 other time. But damn, doing that to Hansen?

This is the 1st gogoplata in a major promotion.

UFC, K1 or PRIDE.

the fact that Aoki pulled this off so easily against a rank 5 LW is a testament to his skill as a grappler. We have never seen an MMA applied grappler of this caliber in MMA.

*edited for clarity.

"the fact that Aoki pulled this off so easily against a rank 5 LW is a testament to his skill as a grappler"

Most def.

"We have never seen a grappler of this caliber in MMA."

If only you didnt always have to go this far...

LOL

Awesome win though. Never would have expected it to end in that fashion.

Well certainly Shaolin, Schembri, Royler, Jacare, Lister, Terrel, etc. have possibly better grappling credentials than Aoki, but I don't know that anyone has been able to pull off submissions against top level guys like this before. Black had never been beaten at all, (discounting Shonie's fluky win) and Aoki choked him out in 2 minutes. The dude is just awesome.

Maybe those other grapplers need some yellow pants.

Robin.

Aoki fears Garcia.

"the fact that Aoki pulled this off so easily against a rank 5 LW is a testament to his skill as a grappler. We have never seen a grappler of this caliber in MMA. "

B.J Penn??

I dunno, Aoki has pretty descent GNP and Aoki/Garcia was some time back....and how do you fear a bjj guy that doesnt do mma as an mma fighter?

"Well certainly Shaolin, Schembri, Royler, Jacare, Lister, Terrel, etc. have possibly better grappling credentials than Aoki, but I don't know that anyone has been able to pull off submissions against top level guys like this before."

Exactly wasab. He is the best MMA applied grappler in the history of the sport, SO FAR. Obviously not the best pure grappler.

Who doubts this?

Calm down, EY, take a breathe, Aokis badass but has ages to go to take that title...

Aoki is one of my favorite fighters

"Exactly wasab. He is the best MMA grappler in the history of the sport, SO FAR. Obviously not the best pure grappler.

Who doubts this?"

i do. shaolin is better than him

Ummm. aoki pulled off one of the most advanced subs in a major MMA event against a top 5 LW.

Shaolin is very good too, but Aoki safe to say has the more impressive execution.

actually I take my words back.

Saku is the greatest grappler in the history of the sport. Sorry saku!

Aoki is just the best right now.

"We have never seen a grappler of this caliber in MMA"

EY-

You have good opinions, but you tend to jump the gun and say things like this which make people ignore what you have to say. Which is a shame considering you do make some good points. What you think of Sudo's entrance? Crazy huh?

"What is the relationship between Aoki and Eddie Bravo? Do they train together?"

Bravo claims he influenced Aoki's submissions style, but Aoki barely knows who bravo is.