Aoki-Hansen opinions?

"lol @ EY's applied MMA wisdom. Dude you never trained a day in your life have you"

Ummm. You dumb ass, care to name anybody that is better at grappling in an MMA setting?

if not please shut the fuck up.

Read this by Wyatt:

"Also people need to give up on the whole Aoki vs. Garcia BS.Yes Aoki got smoked fast by Garcia,but Garcia doesn't fight MMA.Shaolin got smoked in ADCC by Garcia too.Once Garcia fights MMA,people can talk about how he'd do against Aoki & Shaolin in MMA."

MMA grappling is different from pure grappling. You are a douche NG.

Just to prove how retarded this "so & so is so awesome and smoked so & so in ADCC,he would beat him in MMA since they are both grapplers" would Marcelo Garcia beat Ricco Rodriguez in MMA since he tapped him in ADCC? Would Jake Shields automatically beat Diego Sanchez since he did in ADCC? Now alot of you are going to be like "Well,Ricco's alot heavier than Marcelo".While that might be true,you also don't acknowledge the fact that MMA and submission grappling are completely different.Another example that I can cite would be Baret Yoshida vs. Katsuya Toida.Toida got smoked by Baret in a Contenders grappling rules match,however,Toida ended up beating Baret in MMA a couple months later,and Toida almost submitted him with an armbar.

So to retarded trolls like Sadyv and NG who might not be able to read all that,ADCC is not the same as MMA.

^ im not even trolling on that boat loser.

applied grapplingn in MMA means many things. if you're talking submissions it's minotauro

Aoki & Hansen - i didn't know 21 jump street was back on

"applied grapplingn in MMA means many things. if you're talking submissions it's minotauro"

Fair enough,I take back that statement.

Why was Aoki allowed to weigh in at 170? The "tale of the tape" showed a 16 pound weight disparity between Hansen and him.

The weigh in data was wrong.

He came in at 160.

Pride US PPV is pathetic.

CHACK, nuff said.

Aoki is now a top 5 LW on the strength of that performance. I'd love to see him fight Shaolin, that would be a ground war for the ages. Shaolin is slowly slipping down my rankings by virtue of not facing anyone remotely threatening to him.

"Toida got smoked by Baret in a Contenders grappling rules match,however,Toida ended up beating Baret in MMA a couple months later,and Toida almost submitted him with an armbar."

And then Baret choked Toida in about 90 seconds in ADCC.

Gerald Strebredt almost got a gogoplata on Josh Thompson in their UFC fight -- looked a lot closer than Penn's against GSP.

TH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49hz9rmP86A