Aoki: Proves Eddie Bravo Right...

He used the rubber guard Eddie taught him to beat one of the best in the world, Hansen!

Once he traps that arm, it is very hard to stop his submissions.

did aoki really train with Bravo?

He made Hansen taste the rainbow.

That gogoplata set-up is bread and butter Bravo. And, ya, Eddie taught him rubber guard.

there was an online film of Eddie teaching him the rubber guard about a month ago

There might be hope for you Cretard

that guy is the best submission fighter coming out of japan since saku. truly impressive.

the Japanese are reportedly going crazy over the rubber guard these days. their big mma mag featuring Eddie explaining the rubber guard was the biggest selling issue ever.

" and watch eddie will use that shit for advertising like he has use that royler shit"

And that would be different from EVERYONE else on the Planet with Videos how?

lol@Eddie Bravo inventing that style of guard. He may of taught it to Aoki but it existed in Brasil and Japan before Bravo.

"lol@Eddie Bravo inventing that style of guard. He may of taught it to Aoki but it existed in Brasil and Japan before Bravo."

Oh really? So I'm guessing Eddie must have plagiarized his new Book from earlier and various "Rubber Guard" Literature that has been circulating Brazil for Decades now.

You should find out a Bit about what you are talking about before you comment so you don't come across as not knowing what you are talking about.

Nonetheless, even if you were right, it has nothing to do with this Thread.

gaythxalt+f4

lol.  show me one person in the mundials using rubber guard before eddie.  post the vid here. i would love to see it

Check, I think People are confused about a Technique like Gogo Plata BEING the RUbber Guard and not realizing how massive and complex the Rubber Guard is.

Funny Thing, is they don't know and feel qualified to criticize it. At least, find out a LITTLE about it and THEN criticize it, you know?

i love the rubber guard and try hard to use when i can but I have extremely large and uflexible hips. I usually just end up using it to stall for awhile, but I would kill toeven be able to do a gogoplata.

Ausgepict is correct.

GSP/Crow: Proves TKD right

Just cause they can do it EFFECTIVELY doesn't mean everyone can do it. RG is very attribute based as well. Props to Aoki though.

"RG is very attribute based as well"

Really? Just like head kicks and kickboxing are very attribute based? lol.

that gogoplata was awesome

"Oh really? So I'm guessing Eddie must have plagiarized his new Book from earlier and various "Rubber Guard" Literature that has been circulating Brazil for Decades now.

You should find out a Bit about what you are talking about before you comment so you don't come across as not knowing what you are talking about.

Nonetheless, even if you were right, it has nothing to do with this Thread."

It has never been called "rubber guard" in Japan or Brasil.

You can even watch some of the old Pancrase events back when it was shootfighting and see that style of guard and we're talking about 1993-1994.

He may have refined it and put more focus on that style but he did not create it.