Apparently Starnes has an explanation...

Who else would want to hire someone who publicly admitted doing that?

Quite ridiculous.

Thats pretty fucking retarded. He has only done himself damage by doing this, not the Ufc. The majority of people who saw his performance wont hear the why, if true.

IF ..... this is true as stated above he should be sued for ever dime he has.
He defrauded Zuffa, the sport and every person who is a fan of mma. For him to claim to be some type of martyr is BULLSHIT ! I would lose even more respect if this is the case. There is a better way to get your point out. Why didn't he say anything right after the fight or have a banner in his corner saying this?
There is no way in hell ATT would support this and he would immediately be dismissed from the Team.
There is no excuse what so ever for running in the cage like he did the other night. None.

I don't believe it, but even if it is true, he should've handled it better. Now he's going to spend the rest of his life being known as the guy who ran from Nate Quarry. Good luck fighting in King of the Cage.

WOW at anyone believing the OP

Because I personally talked to Kalib and he told me the explanation was that he contracted pubic lice 2 days prior and did not want to get too involved in close combat for fear it would spread and his public image would be ruined

Kalib should just feel fortunate that it didn't occur on TUF.

BULLSHIT.

A lie/red herring.

kalib has always seemed to fight this way in the ufc though. its not like being tentative and retreating is a new thing with him. not bashing the guy, that's just a fact.

I still think Zuffa should sue. He did not come to fight and is in breach of contract.

^^^^Dude STFU... lol at breach of contract

I call bullshit, otherwise why would he be calling Quarry a faggot and telling him he should came to fight in the post fight. just stupid.

This explanation is BS. Starnes engaged early in the fight, started getting popped in the ribs and legs, THEN started running. Quarry hits hard, and he decided that he wanted no part of it. Also, this is not the first time that we've seen him quit fighting without formally submitting after taking a shot to the body.

Agree about breach of contract. Don't believe they were damaged though.

OBGrappler, Starnes called Nate's cornerman a fa88ot and asked him why he wasn't fighting--not Nate!

who gives a shit really?!?! Starnes sucks & I hope we never see him fight in the UFC again.

The original post has it all wrong. I spoke to my Canadian connections and they assured me that Starnes ran the way he did in order to protest the war--not the Iraq war, but the illegal war launched by John Candy in the movie Canadian Bacon.

I like how Sherdog posts say 'confirmed' .. this & that, yet they don't even mention the source.. let alone link to it or provide any further info.

For this example he could've atleast said which radio show & at what time.

Not saying I don't believe it.. but it's amazing how 20,000 people go buck nutty over a post made without any actual specific info.

& his saying 'he backs it up with proof', ..what proof? He didn't even specify in the post about what proof that was. Medical records? X-Rays? lol.. am I being too critical? I think not!

Well, considering people still don't think that Shamrock broke his arm, they'll believe anything they want.

and LOL at the health care reference.