Ariel Helwani ESPN contract ends next month, will he resign?

I was unaware his contract is up in June, just weeks away.

What do you think Ariel Helwani does if not resigned?

23:05 minute mark he talks about it

53:20 Emotional Ariel almost starts crying, again

I much preferred the MMA HOUR (that was 3-4hrs long and filled with MMA guests.
I’m not a fan of him and DC

17 Likes

I hope he gets blackballed just to hear him piss and moan about it.

19 Likes

bill GIF

4 Likes

DC is awesome but Ariel is way too cheesy and cookie cutter with everything he does. That podcast fell off a while ago.

4 Likes

CryBaby

OW9yC9w

5 Likes

Never understand the hate. Always enjoyed the MMA Hour

9 Likes

I like them both, but man, does DC ever laugh excessively! Sometimes it’s not even meant to be humorous stuff, he’s just sitting there giggling as Ariel is introducing another news item. Happens all the time. Makes me wonder if Cormier is often like that outside of his UFC on-air broadcasting role, or if there’s something particular about Ariel that just cracks him up.

2 Likes

Haven’t listened to Ariel since he started to work with Shael. They’re business men not actual MMA fans. Not blaming them but no thx.

2 Likes

But wasn’t that change with mmahour just because of covid? It happened around the same time.

Ariel said when covid first hit he never left the house, not even for groceries, for four months .

I read somewhere that Ariel is in a contract dispute with ESPN. Ariel gets 500k Ă  year. Is holding out for more. ESPN not keen to pay more. Stand off.

Helwani says he knows what he is worth.

the way ESPN has been purging people, I doubt his job is safe, they just got rid of Kenny Mayne

3 Likes

He probably makes 1/10th of Kenny though.

But if Dana has a say…he gone.

5 Likes

Occasionally, he’s a twat. But overall I agree with you

ESPN, Ariel Helwani locked in industry-defining contract staredown.

'ESPN and top MMA reporter Ariel Helwani are entering the late stages of a negotiation staredown that could end in a breakup, The Post has learned.

Helwani, 38, is comparable on UFC coverage to Adrian Wojnarowski on the NBA beat. Helwani, who has nearly 2 million followers on Twitter and Instagram, built his reputation by breaking stories and being at the heart of the reporting and opinions around the fight game.

Helwani currently makes a little less than half a million dollars per year, according to sources. His current three-year deal is up in June.

He would seem to be the type of person ESPN would want to keep. UFC has proven to be a huge driver of subscriptions for ESPN+ and its pay-per-views. Helwani helps drive the conversation during the week from “SportsCenter” to YouTube to his podcasts.’

1 Like

Spider-Man Reaction GIF
ESPN vs Ariel

1 Like

FuelTV

He is one of the whiney bitches who hopped on the poor me train about Gina Carano.

Id be happy to never see or hear him anywhere ever again.

14 Likes

It must be a slow news day of we’re talking about contracts of reporters.

I’ve never gotten the fascination over this dude. He’s just a faggot reporter.

9 Likes

resign or re-sign?

4 Likes

Ariel isn’t worth close to 500k a year. That’s insane. So many others can do what he does and do it better

6 Likes