Ariel Helwani ESPN contract ends next month, will he resign?

Never see any of his shit anymore so don’t care what happens to him, but I was astounded he got a pass on likening his ban by Dana to the treatment Jews got during WW II.

It was one of the scummiest things I’ve ever heard by a media ho. And no one said shit about it.

4 Likes

Yeah man right at a pivotal point with the UFC being sold and going really mainstream he just fucked himself out of it. If I want to be theee MMA guy, I’m being best buds with Dana, you just have to

3 Likes

Do you remember, before Ariel, the main guy was Steve Cofield. He did all interviews from around 2007-2010. Dana banned him for some reason too. Cofield went back to mainstream sports radio.

Actually it was Cofield who gave Ariel an early break. He had him on as a guest to his ‘Hardcore MMA show’, as he referred to it.

Ariel, like a Cuckoo, nudged his way in and took Cofield’s spot. lol

1 Like

I’m a fan of DC but never liked Ariel. I especially hate when he thinks he can talk shit to fighters. Your a reporter nerd, and a half ass one at that. Stay in your lane.

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s a name from the past, I didn’t know Dana banned him! I wonder how many guys have been blacklisted?

2 Likes

No fights this weekend and Ariel is wanking NY Nicks HARD. Wouldn’t surprise me if he lands a season there and fizzles out

2 Likes

Some of you guys show your complete lack of biz knowledge of the media industry. No matter what Ariel decides to do, he’s gonna make 7 figures. Either ESPN pays him or he can do it in his own. He drives so much traffic to ESPN+ that ESPN would be stupid not to keep him. He not only covers MMA but also other personalities on the network love him and he is well liked from the guys who run the NBA side of things. Guys getting paid and i laugh at all you jealous haters.

6 Likes

How dare you.

1 Like

WhiteKnight

2 Likes

Hello Ariel, good luck on your contract negotiations.

1 Like

Well the other one who was banned early was Josh Gross, for leaking the results of an early Ultimate Fighter. I think the Comeback season, if I remember rightly.

Not sure of Loretta Hunt actually got banned, but she took a hell of a beating anyway lol!

So Josh Gross, Loretta, Ariel, Steve Cofield.

Remember the other early guys, whatever happened to Mike Straka? Dave Farra? Larry Pepe? Maggie Hendricks?

Oh I remember that guy, didn’t he leak the results on here or sherdog? I only got far back as the latter end of Cowfield haha I can’t claim OG status

2 Likes

Damn, you nailed it with this post, ESPECIALLY the foreign guy who is ALWAYS there to ask some fucking retarded, inane, awkward question that makes no sense whatsoever. It happens EVERY TIME.

1 Like

Haha It’s always something like, “Hi, um looked good, will we see the UFC in <a place 14 people live with no internet> This year?”

With Dana looking confused, um didn’t he just lose?

Or dude just asking the last exact same question.

I think they dump Ariel.

2 Likes

Lol I think Dana kind of scared Cofield away.

I still think this is one of the best Dana interviews I’ve ever heard.

First watch live I literally laughed my ass off…

3 Likes

lol - some dude with fro! (Ben askren.)

1 Like

Yeah he leaked the finalists for TUF season 4 “the comeback”

I accidentally clicked on the spoiler on here but I scrolled past the names very quickly and basically avoided the internet that entire season. TUF 4 was awesome.

1 Like

^^ lol at the dana video ’ you in the media, you are all terrified of being called a nuthugger’! lol

1 Like