Ariel Helwani keeping it 100 on ESPN

He went on sportscenter to give his report on ufc 232 and he went straight to the point, hinting at shadiness

Vid in link if someone can embed

Also ariel and okamoto discuss todays events and lead up to sat

Here’s my report on @sportscenter from earlier today on UFC 232 getting moved to Los Angeles. pic.twitter.com/eg8bpDPRrp

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) December 28, 2018

Ariel’s the man, idc how many clowns on here hate on him 

Ariel Helwani has always been gangster. I can’t imagine how much Dana fumes behind closed doors that he can’t touch this guy anymore.

Well said by Ariel. Only wish he would've referenced Jon's early failed tests in August 

Well that settles it. Dana doesn't posess the power to have ESPN MMA reporters fired.

scrapdo -

Well that settles it. Dana doesn't posess the power to have ESPN MMA reporters fired.

Someone jog my memory...

was he a ufc employee and got fired by UFC?  Or a fox employee and got fired from fox?

Well someone has to do it, it god damn ridiculous and so fucking obvious it almost breaks the barriers as the organization has basically disrespected professional sport as a whole. This is the network tht just bought there broadcasts...not off to a great start.

Darth Potato -
scrapdo -

Someone jog my memory...

was he a ufc employee and got fired by UFC?  Or a fox employee and got fired from fox?

i think its pretty ambiguous. Wasnt he a Fox employee due to the fact that they were paying him. but they were paying him through the ufc or some shit. he said he didnt like the arrangement and that it sort of felt that it hurt his journalistic integrity to take money from the organization he is reporting on. Then the brock leak happened and he got fired, then reinstated, but im not sure how exactly that shook out. or if anything did change if we would have been informed to any degree. either way, i give ariel shit, because sometimes he deserves it for being an instigating jerk off where he doesnt have any business instigating, but otherwise im glad someones there serving things up as straight as possible.

Dana sure took a swing and a miss on that question. LOL

Darth Potato -
scrapdo -

Someone jog my memory...

"Helwani confirmed that he was fired by Fox as opposed to resigning, while also praising UFC president Dana White for initially giving him access and possibly opening the door for him at Fox when the UFC’s broadcast contract with the network began. In addition, Helwani claims he missed just one episode of UFC Tonight over the show’s tenure, following the birth of his first son.

One of the more popular rumors surrounding Helwani’s departure is the straw that broke the camel’s back was this interview with UFC fighter Rory McDonald discussing his free agency.

In regards to that rumor (and frankly, all of the rumors about his departure), Helwani said, “there’s a lot of smart people on the Internet. There’s a lot of smart people out there. You can probably guess what happened. I don’t need to go into that. I want to have a career, I want to cover this sport. There’s no need. You can guess it. Read the stuff that’s out there. I don’t know how people are so smart, but you’re spot on."

Target_the_Gash - 

Here's the funny thing:

even if Dana, Jeffrey, and Jonny Boy are telling the truth by some bizarre set of circumstances such as somebody hired ninjas to lower themselves from the ceiling on wires in USADAs labs and spike Jon's samples every other time he tests (which I don't really believe, to be clear) nobody is going to believe them at this point.

They are handling this almost the worst way possible, even if they are in the right somehow anything less than complete transparency at this point burns anyboy's credibility that is even marginally attached to this shit.

I feel like we are watching these morons torpedo USS UFC right in front of us like some kind of false flag inside job. If this whole situation gets picked up in the mainstream media, which now that it is on ESPN it is pretty much bound to happen, they are fucked.

I will be extremely surprised if this whole thing manages to blow over without some form of major repercussions at this point.

ha

it is true...these guys burnt all integrity for decades

Another thing to keep in mind now that Ariel is with ESPN. If he keeps shedding light on these shady dealings, how long before ESPN does a long-form investigative report? Espn loves uncovering drama and scandals in sports they cover.

With rumblings of a cover up since UFC 145 and now all this nonsense all regarding Jones, what if it comes out that UFC has been covering up doping results when convenient to keep lining their pockets?

Bringing in Novitzki, as the head of their anti-doping program sounds great on the surface. But his real value to UFC as a one of the main finders of the BALCO scandal, is showing the UFC how to avoid being caught.

If things do come to light WME can claim ignorance and say they let Dana keep running the show as he saw best. Heads gonna roll eventually. Looking forward to a great relationship with ESPN

Mad respect to Ariel for calling it like it is.. it’s the shadiest shit I’ve ever seen from a pro organization. I hope Dana rots in prison when this has all settled.

Don J - Another thing to keep in mind now that Ariel is with ESPN. If he keeps shedding light on these shady dealings, how long before ESPN does a long-form investigative report? Espn loves uncovering drama and scandals in sports they cover.

With rumblings of a cover up since UFC 145 and now all this nonsense all regarding Jones, what if it comes out that UFC has been covering up doping results when convenient to keep lining their pockets?

Bringing in Novitzki, as the head of their anti-doping program sounds great on the surface. But his real value to UFC as a one of the main finders of the BALCO scandal, is showing the UFC how to avoid being caught.

If things do come to light WME can claim ignorance and say they let Dana keep running the show as he saw best. Heads gonna roll eventually. Looking forward to a great relationship with ESPN

What if who Jon snitched on to get his sentence reduced was the UFC itself! That’s why no big names came out after the snitching but they’re still doing all that they can to help Jon get through this. Like the UFC has been covering up for him (and maybe others) for years, then he turned around and blackmailed them saying he’d go public if they don’t help him again? And that’s why he’s always so arrogant even when he appears to get caught red handed :o

Ariel is the voice of the voiceless. Also it always feels like Brett Okamoto is in Dana’s pocket as he never throws shade. Ariel doesn’t give a fuck

Ariel has always sought the truth in a kinda mischievous way. I’m a fan. 

Best MMA journalist by far, always has been.

Ariel is the only real journalist in MMA. He is legit, and that's why Dana hates him. The rest are fad jumpers who ran down their local radioshack, got a mic, bought a website and jumped on this UFC thing.