Arnold results

Westsidestrangler, that is the reason my brother and I didn't go. I went last year and got to see a lot of weird calls. Although first place is a lot of money - to get robbed makes it that much worse!

if other promoters allow pe de pano ever into their promotions, i will boycott.

biased bastards.

Wade, I will do so...thanks man. Sorry to hear about all the bs at the Arnold's, sounds like you won. I will tell him tonight.

Brett

This same sort of thread was up last year, this tourney has always been a major screwjob.

They really should have the Combat-Do guys running it so that it's relatively unbiased.

VicMackey: And for $90 bucks to compete, that's a bit too much to pay to be screwed over like that.

ttt was there and all the competitors are awsome.

the combat-do people did a great job running and reffing on one of the mats. how come only one mat?

i cant believe arnold lets relson use his name. as a
governor i wouldnt want anything to do with a cheater.

Anyplace have the full results of all of the divisions?

We at the Budweiser Jiu Jitsu World Cup hate to hear about all of the BS that went down at the Arnolds, although I did try to warn people about this event 1-2 months in advance after Relson boycotted our event. I went to this tournament back in 2001 and obviously nothing has changed since then because I hear the same things I witnessed 3 years ago, that is why we decided not to come. It was very tempting with all of the great fighters but if you know or have heard about Relson Gracie than you should've known how this was going to be. My advice to the people that are going to continue going to this event would be to get a real good tan and learn to speak Portugese because that is the only way you will have a chance. For the people that are fed up like Wade Rome, Jason Coomer, Savbo1, Bubba Ray Gracie, Westside strangler,kilo5518,Avellan Brothers and countless others I invite you all to come to a good American run tournament next year. The Budweiser Jiu Jitsu World Cup would love to have your talent there and I promise you won't have to put up with half of the BS from the Arnolds. Joe Hurst and Myself are continuing to better this competition every year.We have already started working on the tournament for 2005. Much respect to all fighters......P.S. I hate to hear Monson got f*cked he is a good guy.

So, what belt is Lionel Perez now? He's a cool guy--we competed against each other once as blue belts.

Wade definitely should have won vs.Pe De Pano IMO.Lionel Perez has a foot made of iron.I really thought I had it.He passed my guard twice and I think he may have got knee on chest points as well.He is very talented props to him for escaping my foot lock not many guys can and the ones that have usually aren't able to walk very well.

I wasn't at Relson's tournament, so I won't even attempt to comment on it, but I find statue's post a bit odd since the Budweiser tournament is also notorious for screwjobs (see: Marc Laimon x Marcello Clemente). Plugging your tournament when it's been guilty of the same crap is great.

The thing with the Budweiser Cup is that they admitted they (being
Joe Hurst) were at fault, learned from their mistakes, took steps to
prevent that from happening again, and by and large ran a
successful tournament the second time around.

"There needs to be an American run tourney that the Brazilians compete in so we can return the favor. "

seriously

I have been hearing about this Brazilian favoritism for years and it's bullshit.

You know if we hosted it though they wouldn't come. I have had 21 tournaments and I think Fernando V. and Kazeka and maybe 2 other guys from the Machados have ever competed. I think it really sucks but what can you do?

ttt

I fought in 3 divisions and had a great time, except when Combat do Bob was rude to me for their mistake...A lot of people had great things to say and didn't have to talk shit after they lost.
So many people this year weren't there last year, and so many from last year didn't make it this time.
All the fights I saw were tough and exciting.

There were amazing Pro Brown Belt Gi fights for $500. There were a BUNCH of women fighting for $500 & $1,000. There were Unbelievable Pro No Gi Matches with the most controversial one ending with the 2 guys SPLITTING THE $4,500 EVENLY. AND 2 BONUS matches with the CFO of BIZ & OXYDOL putting himself and his $1,000 & $3,000 prizes on the line, The loser of the gi match (with Rick) got his registration fees paid & the loser to Pe De Pano who had the lip busted was paid $1,000.

The room was full all day, there were tons of people lined up to watch.
Everyone was probably excited from when Sylvester Stalone came in and did his little Rocky dance & took all those pics.

All of our people that went are looking forward to next year.

Christy

Wade, thanks for the info about Leonel Perez. I didn't realize that you two would be in the same division.

Gumby thanks for explaining that to kbhat obviously he wasn't at the second one or he would no better. He must be one of Relsons guys that was told not to come or Relson would be upset. Anyway, why did they throw Scotty out?

Everyone I made my mistakes w/ the Dale Jr. I know I did. This year at the Budweiser World Cup it was much better in every angle I thought I made a mistake in. Statue and I are relentlessly trying to make it even better from this year, if you read Gumby's ONTHEMAT report you will read what changes we did have.

We will make it better and I personally welcome all to come next year in Jan. to what I really hope to be a classy event. This year was classy and respectful, next year will get better.

And of course all can video tape.

Respectfully,

Joe Hurst