Artem Suing McG For Proper Millions

Conor McGregor continues to take shots at Artem Lobov.

In November, Lobov filed suit against McGregor for millions, claiming he was an integral part in the development of the Proper No. 12 Irish Whiskey brand that McGregor sold a majority stake in for $600 million in 2021. While McGregor’s representatives formally rejected Lobov’s claims, McGregor himself has taken a more colorful approach in responding to his former friend’s lawsuit.

After the suit was first announced, McGregor took to social media to mock Lobov with a voice note singing, “Artem is a rat.” Then, after Lobov allegedly filed a second suit against McGregor for defamation, “Notorious” challenged his former teammate to a fight at their old gym. Nothing came of that but earlier this week, per Independent.ie, McGregor did earn a small legal victory by blocking Lobov’s attempt to move the suit into the Commercial Court, which “fast tracks the hearing of big money disputes.” Riding high off his most recent win, McGregor then took to Twitter on Thursday to one again mock his Lobov, including dropping another voice not with another disparaging song about his former friend.

“Artem is a Jonny Head, nah nah, nah nah. Nah nah, nah nah. Hey! Jonny Head,” McGregor posted. “Artem you little [Jonny Head], unlucky the other day in court, proper twelve day, but what did you expect? I want them court fees the judge awarded me also. Need them pal. F****** idiot.
McGregor and Lobov were once considered close friends, with Lobov serving as one of McGregor’s primary sparring partners during his peak run in the UFC. Lobov was also a central figure in McGregor’s heated feud with Khabib Nurmagomedov leading up to UFC 223.

1 Like

2 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

I suspect there is missing context to Artem saying he won’t take any money. That is the 1 million offered to go away. He’ll take the 5% equity originally offered but won’t take 1 million cash out of Conrat’s pocket is my guess. Let’s see from Artem’s side what Instagram message from him made him reply like that. “Artem why won’t you take the 1 million cash we are offering you” perhaps?

LOL McWhiskey

“Keeps me warm on the coldest nights” LMAO

The Conor McGregor vs. Artem Lobov Proper 12 whiskey lawsuit is a multimillion-dollar battle that will take place across many rounds. On Thursday, McGregor won round one, blocking the case from being fast-tracked in Ireland’s Commercial Court.

The Commercial Court is a division of the High Court that deals solely with significant commercial cases. It handles disputes where the value of the claim is more than one million Euro, and its cases tend to be resolved much faster than cases adjudicated through the standard High Court. Justice Denis McDonald determined that between the court’s “scarce resources” and the “lapse of time” between the whiskey deal and the lawsuit, the case would not be picked up by the Commercial Court.

McGregor gloated on social media in a since-deleted Tweet.
“Artem you little jonny head, unlicky the other day in court, proper twelve day, but what did you expect?” he wrote. “I want them court fees the judge awarded me also. Need them pal. F—ing idiot.”

“Mr Lobov notes the judge’s ruling and thanks him for his consideration of the application,” Artem’s lawyer said after the hearing. “He is now looking forward to his case progressing in the High Court chancery list instead and hopes the proceedings can be determined as soon as possible.”

Documents filed by both sides for the hearing included some new deals about the case, which has Lobov demanding a 5 percent cut of a $600 million sale of the Proper 12 whiskey brand. According to Lobov, he was the idea man and key figure behind setting up the whiskey business. And now he says he has three witnesses who were there to see McGregor shake his hand and tell him, “Remember, 5 percent is yours, no matter what.”
McGregor’s lawyers countered with messages sent from Lobov where he repeatedly said he didn’t want any money from the deal.

“Let me start by saying that I swear on my child’s life I will NOT take a cent out of the whiskey deal!!!” one message read. “That is something I enjoyed doing and the thought of knowing that I helped you with something keeps me warm on the coldest of nights.”
“Swearing on your child’s life is ludicrous, pal,” McGregor wrote in another since-deleted message. “Actually revolting. ‘Keeps me warm on the coldest of nights,’ haha f—sake lad wtf happened to you man? Piss off and leave me alone how about that lad? F—ing turncoat p—.”

McGregor once again threatened that Lobov would be stuck paying for all court fees related to the case in the end.

“I’m not paying these lawyers nothing,” he wrote. “Little rartem is. The business genius with his college degree. F—ing jackass … It’s deeper than the dough for me. Put it on me box.”

Well, suffice to say after 15 years of close friendship, Lobov and McGregor are no longer pals. We’ll keep you updated as this multimillion-dollar case winds its way through the Irish High Court.

Artem is not beating him in the Irish court. If he even has a legit case.

I am willing to wager Artem’s woman got into his ear. “Artem didn’t you help him set up the business? He would be nothing without you, you need to get some money for it”.

Also Artem was foolish. Always ink the deal, especially with your friends and even more especially with your family.

this , all ways

1 Like

I wonder what this means?

Mr Justice Denis McDonald said that, while he had sympathy for Lobov

Seems an odd comment to make unless the Judge read all the facts of the case and he thinks Artem has a good case but he cannot hear it, or maybe he means he just feels sorry for Artem because $30 million is a lot of money and he too would like to get it immediately. :joy:

The Commercial Court, which fast tracks the hearing of big money disputes, today declined to enter the whiskey dispute onto its list, meaning the case will now progress at a slower pace in another court.

Mr Justice Denis McDonald said that, while he had sympathy for Lobov, he could not enter the case on his list having regard to “the court’s scarce resources” and the fact there was “a significant lapse of time” between the whiskey deal and the issuing of the proceedings.

Artem Hungry Now , there goes the spoils and ESQ Fees

There was a major update Friday on Artem Lobov’s second lawsuit against former close friend Conor McGregor.

Back in the days of The Ultimate Fighter 22, Artem Lobov and Conor McGregor were the best of friends. McGregor was brought in to coach that season opposite Urijah Faber and he insisted that his friend Lobov be on his team. Now, fast forward seven years, and these two former friends are spending less time on the mats and more time in court.

Recently word was released that Lobov has filed a lawsuit against McGregor after claiming to have created the idea of McGregor’s Proper 12 whiskey. Lobov was looking for 30 million dollars stemming from McGregor’s majority sale of the successful whiskey company.

McGregor thought the lawsuit was ridiculous and took to Twitter to say just that. He called Lobov names on social media including “rat.” This has now led to yet another lawsuit.

Image Credit: @rushhammer on Instagram

McGregor announced that Lobov was now seeing him and his father for “defamation.” The two parties have appeared in court to solve these issues, He explained on his Twitter once again that things may not be going well for Lobov.

“Artem you little Jonny head, unlucky the other day in court, proper twelve day, but what did you expect? I want them court fees the judge awarded me also. Need them pal. F–king idiot,” he wrote.

The former UFC champion continued to send shots at Lobov.

“I’m not paying these lawyers nothing. Little rartem is. The business genius with his college degree. Fuckin jackass.”

“I’ve decided to write a book. I’m calling it “coat tail riding rat cunt rest in piss”

Artem Lobov’s Injunction Bid Fails In Court

Friday, it was reported that Artem Lobov attempted to obtain an injunction against McGregor to prevent the former UFC champion from calling him a “rat” or similar labels on social media, arguing that the term was defamatory. Lobov went on to argue that being called a rat caused harm to his character due to the implication that he is an informant who has betrayed the trust of others.

Lobov’s injunction attempt failed due to the judge ruling that no reasonable person would have such an interpretation of McGregor’s tweets and would be much more likely to chalk up the comments to trash talk from an MMA fighter. The judge even stated that the “rat” term was not even the most insulting of McGregor’s choice of words.

McGregor shared and reacted to the news on social media in the tweet below, along with a celebratory rat reference for good measure.

“Well there ya go Stuart little. You now owe me two major court appearance fees. Stop this nonsense. You are making a holy show of yourself. Peel it back day by day, if you can even. That’s coming from the “old friend, woulda done anything for you” in me mate. God bless.”

McGregor has been inactive in the UFC since his leg injury that he suffered during his last bout in July of 2021. He has remained active on social media and has been claiming that he will be back next year.

This feud with Lobov in addition to the many other social media squabbles that McGregor participates in on a weekly basis seem to do a good job of keeping him in the news while he remains on the sidelines.

McGregor and Lobov are due back in court on January 11 in relation to this lawsuit. MMA News will keep you updated on this developing story as more news becomes available.