Askren vs Masvidal 10 Times

If they fought 10 times Askren would do less total damage to Masvidal than Masvidal did to him in 10 seconds in their first fight.

2 Likes

I think Ben beats Jorge in practice.

I think 100% of the time that Jorge throws that knee, Ben ducks into it and gets KOd.

If they rematched AND Ben was healthy, I would pick Ben. But, that’s not possible. His body was broke by the time he got the UFC.

1 Like

8/10 Askren 

Mas is too well rounded and Askren has only one way to win.  Mas 9/10

10/10 Masvidal 

Gennady Goblin -

Jorge is one of those good everywhere, not great anywhere type fighters. A lot of his losses are decisions where he's competitive standing, in the clinch, on the ground, he simply doesn't do enough to win. It was weird watching him go from journeyman to a star somehow, based almost entirely off 1 KO win. He's still just a tough journeyman type fighter.

He knocked out Til though so don't forget that. Then the Askren knee and then he beat up a rusty Nate .. I think it's more of a case where the perfect string of matchups and results happened and had you put Masvidal against Colby earlier that good run gets ended. I guess this goes for many runs fighters go on

ons ear - 
Gennady Goblin -

Jorge is one of those good everywhere, not great anywhere type fighters. A lot of his losses are decisions where he's competitive standing, in the clinch, on the ground, he simply doesn't do enough to win. It was weird watching him go from journeyman to a star somehow, based almost entirely off 1 KO win. He's still just a tough journeyman type fighter.

He knocked out Til though so don't forget that. Then the Askren knee and then he beat up a rusty Nate .. I think it's more of a case where the perfect string of matchups and results happened and had you put Masvidal against Colby earlier that good run gets ended. I guess this goes for many runs fighters go on

Timing was everything.  Things leading up to the BMF fight just lined up perfectly.  The '3 piece with a soda' out of the octagon confrontation, the flatlining of Till and then smashing Askren put him at the highest point in his career.

Dude does not get beat up though.  Hasn't been stopped in 12 years (submission) and only been stopped by punches ONCE in a 49 fight, 18 year career.  He's lost 5 split decisions.

Askren wins 9/10 with a good hip 

hope if Ben does come back it’s for the rematch

if Mas loses to Usman the only three big money fights for him are Colby (he won’t take), Diaz or Askren. 

Seemed like askren was very scared to get that hip surgery and figured it’d be a retirement from athletics for him. Now he says it’s great and wishes he’d done it a long time ago. Maybe if this Jake Paul fight goes his way we could see him back in the ufc again. 

Samoa -
ons ear - 
Gennady Goblin -

Timing was everything.  Things leading up to the BMF fight just lined up perfectly.  The '3 piece with a soda' out of the octagon confrontation, the flatlining of Till and then smashing Askren put him at the highest point in his career.

Dude does not get beat up though.  Hasn't been stopped in 12 years (submission) and only been stopped by punches ONCE in a 49 fight, 18 year career.  He's lost 5 split decisions.

Aaaand when Jorge got stopped by strikes it was BS. He’s been dropped the same way many times only for the fight to not be stopped and him to come back and win or make it a close fight.

I wish Ben stayed around to get the rematch

Someone with the game should let it run 10 times with the computer playing each and see what happens. Kinda like they do with football

1 Like

9-1 Askren. If they fought 100 times 99-1 Askren.

2 Likes

Damn CRE, how many alt screen names do you have!?! Askren sucked and washed out of the UFC. Jake Paul is going to embarass him all the way to the bank.

You guys can keep going and debating fights if they happened 50 times or 1000 times.

Fight happened once and won’t happen again. And Mas destroyed Askren and that’s the way history will remember it.

Before the KO? Askren 9:10.

After the KO I got Askren 6:10. I figure he’d be spooked.

Give the guy a little credit, I think he was passed his prime by the time he began fighting higher caliber opponents, I don’t think it was that he wasn’t good enough for the UFC.

I’m eager to see how he moves after the hip surgery - hopefully it’s good enough for him to come back to mma.

I guess the question is this:

-Jorge was always going to throw that knee. It was his strategy.
-How often do you think Ben bends into it? I think 10/10 times.

Askren 6/10. If they fought 10 times, they would know each other. Wrestling would beat out Masvidal.