Askren willing to come back for Masvidal rematch

Good, quick interview for those who are interested.

He said he’s retired but the only fight that He would come back for is Masvidal 2.

“Maybe if he gets beat up by Gilbert Burns, he’ll realize there is no one else he could beat and he should fight me, cause its the biggest option for him.”

Id watch.

18 Likes

Yes. I would definitely watch that. I only hope Ben isn’t too far past it. I have a shitty feeling he’d probably lose again.

10 Likes

Far too late for that. Plus Masvidal would never risk his image by taking that fight

6 Likes

Id love to see Ben get funky one last time.
WAR ASKREN

13 Likes

Covington v. Masvidal is what the Askren fight would have looked like 99/100 times

6 Likes

Masvidal’s confidence level would be through the roof in a rematch. Askren would be risking a lot chasing redemption here.

Risking what? Hes retired. Built in excuse

5 Likes

Same

2 Likes

I couldn’t be less interested.

Askren went 1-2 in the UFC and really should have been 0-3. A rematch with Masvidal would only be for his ego, and even if he won, it would never change the fact he lost to Masvidal in one of, if not the most devastating finishes ever in MMA.

3 Likes

I doubt they fight

2 Likes

Meh I love Askren. One more

3 Likes

Oh Sure Sure Gif

No Ben

Their first fight was pretty hyped, there would definitely be a lot of interest in this fight

3 Likes

Who are you interested in watching these days besides one or two matchups a month?

I welcome it - Ben is a quote machine.

4 Likes

Masvidal’s knee was a brilliant strategy, planned and executed to perfection. As a one-dimensional wrestler with the worst hands in the sport, Askren’s only goal in a fight is to get it to the ground as quickly as possible. Masvidal knew if he ran at Askren his instinctive reaction would be to dive for his legs. And he timed it perfectly. He had the perfect fight, a rematch does nothing for him.

2 Likes

I wouldnt mind seeing Askren vs GSP in a grappling match.

1 Like

Robbie should get a rematch first.

1 Like

I don’t think so at this point. Plus Askren left the UFC with a losing record. Perhaps if Masvidal loses a few more and they’re desperate to cash in on him it’s possible.

I support it just to see if @CRE re-emerges.

2 Likes