ATTN: BJJTAPES

BJJTAPES:

Do yourself a favor. Make up a boilerplate that says, roughly:

"Thank you for your message to BJJTAPES, we appreciate the feedback. For customer support, please contact us directly at (insert email addy) or (insert phone#) and it would be our pleasure to respond.

(insert highlights of upcoming products/sales)

BJJTAPES"

Then cut and paste it into any thread about your company on the forum, and when/if people contact you *RESPOND ASAP*

We have had our share of online problems. I can understand your
frustations. You got to love BJJ to stick with this. I have some
BJJtapes.com DVDs they are well done with great fights.

Scotty
www.OntheMat.com

This is just another reason why I get my videos strictly from OnTheMat.com. They're not only reliable and courteous, with fast service but they're DVDs and tapes are always original and entertaining. I mean, what's the point of paying an arm and a leg, only to wait 5 weeks for a poorly edited footage in Portuguese?

Over the weekend I got their latest video magazine "Scar Tissue" and it was off the hook! Tulio Perrone and Dave Camarillo's segments alone are well worth the cost of the DVD. These guys are on a completely different level with their patented aerial assaults. If those clips, along with the footage of Fowler, Horn, De Souza, Gholar, and the Barra Boys can't sell you. Get it for the gratuitous thong-shots of OTM's "special ace-reporter" Gazzy Parman!

Now I'm looking forward to getting their career highlight DVD entitled, "Eddie Bravo's the Twister!" In the spirit of Mark Kerr, however, it should have been dubbed "Eddie Bravo: The Smoking Machine!" ;-D

-Bevois

This is just another reason why I get my videos strictly from OnTheMat.com. They're not only reliable and courteous, with fast service but they're DVDs and tapes are always original and entertaining. I mean, what's the point of paying an arm and a leg, only to wait 5 weeks for a poorly edited footage in Portuguese?

Over the weekend I got their latest video magazine "Scar Tissue" and it was off the hook! Tulio Perrone and Dave Camarillo's segments alone are well worth the cost of the DVD. These guys are on a completely different level with their patented aerial assaults. If those clips, along with the footage of Fowler, Horn, De Souza, Gholar, and the Barra Boys can't sell you. Get it for the gratuitous thong-shots of OTM's "special ace-reporter" Gazzy Parman!

Now I'm looking forward to getting their career highlight DVD entitled, "Eddie Bravo's the Twister!" In the spirit of Mark Kerr, however, it should have been dubbed "Eddie Bravo: The Smoking Machine!" ;-D

-Bevois

This is an interesting thread. It sounds like FF has a legitimate claim and bjjtapes is to busy/flustered/annoyed to do much more. I can feel for both of them. In one hand you have FF who wants his tape/DVD on the other hand you bjjtapes who seems to be barley treading water becauuse he is so busy. Bjjtapes says he is not making money but doing it for fun. It does not look like he is having much fun anymore.

I guess if you order from an individual who is just having fun then you cann expect service like that. Nothing wrong with it he only has two arms and can only do so much.

Personally I always order from www.sherdog and www.onthemat.com. My best experiences have been with OTM. They have a shipping center and I always get my stuff fast. AND i love their video magazines.

I just got my Eddie Bravo DVD from them! Love it!!!

the point being bjjtapes is no a company.. he is a guy... If you want customer service then go to the the guys that are doing this profesionally. I don't see scotty or gumby swearing at people who complain about not getting their product. Not that anything is wrong with it.. Just sounds like bjjtapes is tired and has his hands full

~grapplechaun

I've always had good experiences ordering from bjjtapes and would do so again. I've also had good experiences dealing with OntheMat, Island and Michael Jen.

I'm sure it gets frustrating on both ends.

I agree with someone else's statement that BJJTapes may have been overworked lately. I think he puts out a great product and I love the tournament DVD's I ordered from him to help me learn new moves and improve my game. I mean where else can I get a 3 hour DVD of the top BJJ players from Brazil.

I can also symphatize with those who did not have a good customer service experience. I usually give a restaurant, a store or other business the benefit of the doubt when I have been the recipient of a bad customer service experience from them. Usually, it's someone having a bad day or the manager did not know that he has some malcontent serving the customers. If afer the second time, I receive the same or crappy service, I no longer give them my money or my business.

I can't wait to see the Margarida DVD's. I'm sure these will be a great set.