ATTN: ClintK9 aka TherewasaGlitchintheMatrix

ttt
If you're with us, keep fighting.
It's coming to a season of giving, let us give a little...

Hope he's OK, he was a very good poster Phone Post 3.0

Bump

Where you at Glitch!?

Hope today is a good day for you glitch. Phone Post 3.0

Just had about an hr long phone conversation with Clint.

I will update everyone tomorrow.  Good news/bad news. But this thread was truly something he needed to hear about and I read him everyone's replies and he was touched.

On this page(2) where I have two consecutive post, the post before "And I am sure Clint will love", after he read that post but before he read the next one, he had interjected to say how touched he was.  I knew ya'lls thoughts would mean a lot.  I asked if there was anything he needed or wanted me to ask and he said no but the fact so many were inquiring and showing care really meant a lot.  So on his behalf, thanks, and on my behalf, thanks. Jimmy Recard, he said he remembers you from the other thread b/c I was pointing out how alot of 5-8year members with less than  2k post were ttt'ing the thread or commenting, means they are people who have been here a while and although may not post much, recognize him as a good person/poster and that meant a lot to him.

I'll update you all tomorrow with as much as I can while still respecting his wishes but filling you all in on what's been going on.  He's alive though, so that's good :)

Good to hear you're hanging in there glitch   

I know about depression, being on the edge of suicide and attempting suicide all to well from hopelessness  

If you need somebody, send me a msg or go on r/suicidewatch if you feel you need to be more anonymous  

Hang in there man

Awesome news! Phone Post 3.0

TTT hang in there Clint.

you're a good dude D241.

Definitely hang in there, man.  It seems like there are some people that genuinely care about you here.  I'd be willing to donate a little bit if a GoFundMe is in order.  TTT and I hope all is well, Clint.

Thanks D.
SO glad to hear he's alive, and honestly felt bad for becoming a magnifying glass, but at some point, and with Quincy and others fresh in mind, the guilt of becoming a megaphone goes out the window. Phone Post 3.0

OriginalTUFer's 9.5 - Thanks D.
SO glad to hear he's alive, and honestly felt bad for becoming a magnifying glass, but at some point, and with Quincy and others fresh in mind, the guilt of becoming a megaphone goes out the window. Phone Post 3.0

Not only do I completely understand but in this specific case, I think your open concerns were a very good thing.

Now before I start, first know Clint feels some slight embarrassment for his situation and his absense has some to do with that.  Know he doesn't want to burdon people and that is why he told me he hasn't been in touch with people including myself.  Understandable.

Since summertime when he was last interacting on here, he hasn't really had a better situation.  It started to improve but then had a big setback.  He was making trips in his vehicle to get neck adjustments and he had realized his loves, his 3 cats, had been neglected by him, as Clint felt.  Before his accident/condition, his cats used to sleep in his bed and he was very close to them. Since he developed the smell condition, he had to stop his cats from sleeping in his room and has to pet them with rubber gloves on.  

Well told himself he was going to make an effort to pet and interact with his cats more than he had the previous few months.  He started to do that, and not even a week later, his mom calls him out in a panic to go outside and he does, and he witnesses one of his cats take their last breath.  The cat had injested a neighbors pesticide or insectiside and got poisoned by accident.

Already still being depressed about his ongoing health issues, that one was a major blow to him.  He tried to commit suicide.  A nearby lake(summer time, still warm), he swam in it and just swam as far as he could and he said he remembers wanting to swim back(perhaps change of heart?), but he really had swam out really far and his body couldn't keep him afloat and he drowned.  A car had seen his car across the lake and went to inspect and found him unconscious.  He woke up in an ambulance after they revived him, however the police made him stay in a mental hospital a couple weeks b/c of why he did what he did.

During his hospital stay he said the theropy helped a little but even then, in group theropy he had to sit about 15feet away from the group and in a corner b/c of the smells of other people in the group like their soaps, deoderants, hair products, etc...Not that they smelled b/c of bad bo, just his sensative condition to smells.

He was I guess "ok", or as close to that as one could get for a couple months in his condition.  He had some support from family members what he said "the first little while", but family continued to smoke cigarettes inside the house instead of going outside to smoke and that ongoing issue of course didn't make his smells sensativity issue any better and he was tired of being in the situation he was in and got some sleeping pills from a friend and took the whole bottle.  Woke up in a hospital, had his stomach pumped, back into theropy for suicide again.

He was incredibly touched by this entire thread and even the "ttt's" of random members who said nothing other than ttt or bumpity bump bump, knowing people cared about him made him feel good.  He would want you guys to know he appreciates ya'lls concern and care and he truly is sorry his condition is what it is and that people feel sorry for him.  He doesn't want empathy, just a cure and/or better life.  

I would say in hour 1hr long converstation, about 15, maybe 20 minutes of it was what has been happening with him the past 2-3 months and his 2 suicide attempts and non improving condition, but the rest of the convo was positive and uplifting and consisted of pure mma talk, mine and his (and most of us) favorite thing to talk about.  Royce is one of his favorite fighters and we talked about his badassary for a while and Hendo/Bisping and the NY card.

When I asked if he needed anything he said he's fallen behind on car insurance but that's very minor and it's the least of his concerns, so basically, "no", he isn't asking for anything but wanted everyone to know he appreciates all the thoughts and concern.  

His suicide attempts were not a cry for help.  He is just tired living with his condition and finds trouble finding positives to think and look forward to under all his daily physical conditions and setbacks.  He also said he feels his body "isn't right" after overdosing on sleeping pills. I'm hoping with time that will get better but I'm no doctor.

So, sorry guys that it "is what it is", but it's great that you guys have reached out and showed care, it's great he didn't die.  Hearing him smile on the phone and chuckle about mma things was good on my end.  Personally I just feel what he expresses, which is helplessness.  All I can do is think/hope positive things for him and hopefully he can do the same. 

And before people try to downplay or simplify "1 of his cats died so he tried to commit suicide"....

It's more like living every day with thoughts of killing yourself any/everytime you get sick or nausiated from smells, he was tired of being miserable, but FINALLY found a window of trying to better his outlook and he wanted to love again and his cats were his love.  Thinking being motivated to try to spend time with his cats and pet them was mentally a huge progress.  He put on his mask(face mask to prevent cat smells) and gloves to interact with them so when 1 of his cats died, he just said to me, "I was like why would God do this to me? Why would God take my cat away when I was trying to make progress for myself".

So being suicidal, trying to be positive and coming up with a plan to be positive about something(his cats), and then a cat dieing, that crushed his spirits all over again.

Thanks for your efforts here D4. I've not had much interaction with Cliny but I know he is one of the good ones, just like yourself. VU mate, thanks!

Good to hear.

Fight one more round. When your feet are so tired that you have to shuffle back to the centre of the ring, fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round – remembering that the man who always fights one more round, is never whipped.”

-- James Corbett

All the best to you buddy. Phone Post 3.0

It's great that he's ok, not so much about the other stuff but it's understandable.

Hope his situation gets better, and I wish him all the best, keep your chin up mate. Phone Post 3.0

Glitch,   

I'm in tears reading that msg man, it's like somebody living my life just with a different problem  

I'm just glad you're still here no matter what happened, nobody should have to deal with shit like this  

Don't feel embarrassed for fucking up, we all fuck up homie, what's more important is how we come back from those fuck ups  

Just know you're loved and people are here to help when you need it  

Hang in there brother  

Oh, fuck, most important.....  how did glitch score the hendo/bisping fight :)

He favored Hendo :)